It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate bill may have public insurance plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Senate bill may have public insurance plan

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The Senate has long been seen as opposed to the federal government selling health insurance in competition with private industry, but now senior Senate Democrats and White House officials are strongly considering including such a measure in health care overhaul legislation, officials say.

The provision would permit individual states to drop out of the system, a design that could make it more palatable to moderates who have opposed the "public option."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I believe this is how it starts, the senate bill starting the government takeover of the healthcare system all with the stroke of a pen, I don't care if it allows for state to opt out as we all know that parts can be changed once it's enacted. I think it's in the blooming process of becoming a reality.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Well, with that kind of attitude, what's the point of a bill anyway? I mean, the constitution doesn't matter anymore. I don't even capitalize "constitution" anymore. So, the purpose of these things going into writing means one of two things :

1) Bills matter.

or

2) We need entertainment. Hey, I know, doesn't make sense, but people watch golf, too, don't they?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I'm just saying it's happening and it'll probably pass and even the 'options' can be changed latter down the road and they don't care about what the people want they want their nationalized healthcare system

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
(sarcastically) Well, as long as it will cover my medicinal herb (lol, I have trouble sleeping without it), and I don't have to pay a dime for any of it, I'm all for it.

I think it odd that all this nationalized health care stuff comes up at a time when so many people are getting sick from this swine flu thang. The timing is suspicious. Being sick, or terrified of getting sick, can persuade a lot of people into thinking they NEED government oversight and regulation of their health care needs. Oh save us jebus, or short of that, uncle sham .. save us uncle sham, save us, for we are so afraid of the world today .. the terrorists, the viruses, rocks from the sky, aliens that want to eat us, bankers that want to enslave us, oh save us, take over complete and total control of our lives, provide us jobs, health care, food, and you can be our overlords (lol). Sheeple planet. Hey, I want my free government health care provided medicinal herb (lol).

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Fitting, makes sense and I agree, I feel it suspicious that all of this nationalises healthcare stuff co incides with te swine flu scare. Like a sheep dog leading the flock.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

What I meant to say is that what you just said is quite obvious.

I find it hard to believe that anyone takes law seriously anymore, that's all. If -they- want something, -they- get it. It's a fact of life at this point.

I tend to lean towards the thinking that we can let them play their word games while we research origins and survival and God. If anyone lays a hand on me or my family and I do not warrant it, I will break their hand. I don't care about their 900 page font-size-zero-psychobabble bull crap.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Sure the states can opt out. Now about that federal funding that goes to the states for road projects etc....

See the point yet?

They will do what they need to do, to do what they want to do. Nothing new here.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

It always does boil down to money, the TPTB love their chokehold on the states knowing that the longer they dangle funding on the end of the string alowing little bites every now and then, we'll just go along with their plan.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yea cause without it your forced to pay what the insurance companies think is fair. Part of the bill would make it so that insurance companies must ensure people despite "Pre Existing Conditions" then they can make you pay whatever they want.

Yea free market!

join