It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Plane off course and dead silent for 75mins with no fighters scrambled?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The story here www.startribune.com...

Could another 9/11 happen?

It appears so a Northwest A320, flight 188, with a 147 passengers on board did not respond to ATC starting at 7pm and did not respond back to them till 8:14pm. All the while over flying their intended destination by a 150 miles.

NORAD said they were moments from launching four fighters but didn't have the chance to before radio contact was re-established.

The military had four fighter jets ready to chase down the plane, said Michael Kucharek, a North American Aerospace Defense Command spokesman. The jets were on the "edge" of taking off but did not have to because communication with Flight 188 was reestablished. "You never know what the situation is, why they're not in contact," he said.

The FAA says the pilot and co pilot were in a heated discussion regarding that all too important "airline policy". The CVR was in the process of being replayed in order to confirm suspicions that both pilots had fallen asleep while auto pilot was on.

When the plane experienced a bit of turbulence early in the trip, the pilot announced he would fly higher, said passenger Kennedy. But after that, there was no banter from the cabin. "The day before, I took the same direct flight, and the guy kept coming on and saying, 'If you look out to your left, you'll see the Rockies.' The guy was, like, talkative. I've had that many, many times," Kennedy said. "It was very quiet. ... I just figured that they're professionals, and we're covered. No problem."

Being that this set of circumstances almost mirrors the way that the 9/11 attacks unfolded, especially in f77's case. You would think NORAD would immediately get fighters up to see whats going on.

Instead, for some reason they continued to wait and see what would happen...again.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I star'd and flag'd this. Very interesting indeed. You would think things like this would have been fixed by now. Why would they wait so long?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
didnt it land ? ? ? ?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

federal officials with badges and guns boarded the Northwest plane after it landed in the Twin Cities on Wednesday night.

the plane has landed... It said so right in the article.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsof0ld
didnt it land ? ? ? ?

Yes once the pilots had regained their "situational awareness" as they put it, they requested to turn back around and fly back to the MSP Airport.

There is a radar track of the whole event included in the first page of the article.

Along with the articles own graphic www.startribune.com...
CiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiacyKUUr

In which they explain the time line.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Why NORAD never even got jets off the ground, I think is one of the most interesting things about this article. Everything about the known circumstances , you would think, would dictate a rapid response. It appears though, that they were waiting to see what would happen next.

With these kinds of performances from NORAD it becomes increasingly possible, that not only could they have not responded to the 9/11 attacks fast enough, but that they are determined to not respond again to a 9/11 style attack. That is, until it's too late.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I believe that no entry to the cockpit can be made from the aircraft following 9/11. If both pilots were dead or unable to wake in time, I wonder what kind of rescue attempt could be made? Is it possible to remotely land these planes yet? Pretty scary situation for the passengers.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Does anybody know why the NORAD jets never took off?

They took off during 9/11 but they went in the wrong direction.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
One the reasons hijackers were able to get as far as they did was that
there was no sharing of information. Hijacking in one ATC sector was
not reported to others so none of the other ATC sectors knew about it.

Supposedly in wake of 9/11 a national center was established to
receive and coordinate all reports at airports and on aircraft. Everything
from someone jumping security line to unruly passenger was supposed to
be reported so inceident could be evaluated and responsed to

www.washingtonpost.com...

Maybe one of aircraft experts can respond

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well looks like the CVR will be of no help to NTSB b/c it was not a newer 2hour tape but the older thirty minute tape. By the time they turned around and landed the crucial time period in question was not within range of available tape.

NTSB is also going to examine the FDR to see(I assume) if there were any kind of pilot inputs, being the big question is "were they both asleep?".

Oddly, SKYNEWS is reporting that we "scrambled" jets out. But the first place I saw the report was on NBC national news, they reported that no jets were ''scrambled". Also the story I linked in my op, reported no jets were scrambled.

BTW, is it really true that the cockpit doors are impossible to get into now?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Nothing scrambled because we have a new President and the world is at peace again.

Okay...so its a little facetious..

Truth is, we have returned to a pre-9/11 mindset when it comes to aviation security (with the exception of not being able to have more than three ounces of fluid in our carryons)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
I star'd and flag'd this. Very interesting indeed. You would think things like this would have been fixed by now. Why would they wait so long?

well this is a bit cynical but.......what if you had high ranking military people that wanted a disaster to happen on Obamas watch??....first, Obama could be accused of not protecting america, and add to that, the military would get more money for protection.

or the sane approach...maybe they could tell it was not a hijacking by having some type of advanced systems in place, either on-board or off, that nobody knew about, not even the pilots.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

These outlandish explanations are entertaining, but just like the wild nonsensical speculation regarding 9/11, they bear no semblance to reality.

Simple explanations are usually best.....

Take a look at where the aircraft was and where it was headed. It was a danger to what? A cheese processing plant in Eau Claire, WI? No? Maybe a dairy farm in the area? It was also at night. Do you speculate that potential hijackers had night vision equipment in order to see the largest cow on that dairy farm?

The entire system knew the identity of the aircraft and you can bet your last $ that if the aircraft had turned toward Chicago or somewhere else significant, the fighters would have been launched.

NORAD doesn't launch fighters "wily, nlly" for no good reason. I truly hope that none of you "quick, let's launch fighters" crowd are ever on a commercial airliner for which Air Defense Fighters are launched. You will likely be able to see the "wall to wall" missiles under the wings even at night once the search light illuminates the airliner tail for ID purposes. They will be clearly visible during daylight hours. Then when he breaks off to go back in trail the stench in your pants will likely will be unpleasant for the other passengers while you wonder if he might have an itchy trigger finger and make a mistake.

He won't make a mistake, but the mentality from your over active imagination and wild speculative theories might not allow your sphincter to do it's job.

Fortunately, for you the warriors that guard the sky over the US are smarter than you are. They know when to launch and when not to launch.

Unfortunately, they didn't have a "prayer in hell" of stopping the 9/11 attacks, but the next time they very likely will if it ever happens again.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Probably reason didn't launch any fighters was that didn't raise any
concerns despite inability to contact

Plane kept to assigned course and altitude - did not deviate from flight plan

Transponder was still on and broadcasting correct code

There were no phone calls from passengers or flight attendents

Only after plane passed Minneapolis did it become item of interest

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat
reply to post by jimmyx

Fortunately, for you the warriors that guard the sky over the US are smarter than you are. They know when to launch and when not to launch.

Oh yes, they did such a great job the last time. Those 'warriors' really saved the day on 9/11 didn't they? I'm glad you have such faith in those 'warriors' to protect you, but the fact remains that this aircraft was out of contact for over an hour so no-one could have known what was going on inside the cockpit.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The fact that NOTHING was deployed to follow this plane is quite disturbing. I can understand if the plane was off-course for less then ten minutes...but for AN HOUR. Come on.

Let me get this straight... military helicopters were sent out for the silly ballon boy but not for a significantly large plane carrying passengers. I'm not buying that these so-called security folks know they head from their butt. It's all smoke and mirrors.

This incident is a perfect illustration that when it comes down to a real security situation, we are no better than we were before 9/11.

Regarding Reheat's post... your reasoning that fighters would have been deployed if it were a significant city is absurd. As if a little town isn't deserving of the same security. As if their lives aren't as valuable as others is bigger cities. (BTW, I live in NY...so don't even do there with me.)

Regarding theedman's post...your wrote that there were no phone calls from passenger or flight attendants? So what? How do you know they weren't all gassed or tied up or whatever? No news is not always good news.

Not trying to start an argument with either Reheat or theedman. Just trying to voice my opinions. We can agree to disagree.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by I_Wonder]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat

These outlandish explanations are entertaining, but just like the wild nonsensical speculation regarding 9/11, they bear no semblance to reality.

[twoof mode]This is proof that the TM is getting close to cracking the 9/11 lies of the Official Story. They need to allow this type of bull to happen so that the lies of 9/11 will be accepted[/twoof mode]

The twoofers will go to any lengths to reinforce their delusions about 9/11.

If the plane would have been intercepted, it would have been proof that 9/11 was an inside job, since it should have happened then too.

Since it wasn't, it proves that NORAD is doing a CYA. This also proves 9/11 was an inside job.

It is a never ending connect-the-unrelated-dots world for 9/11 troofers. No matter what the circumstances, nearly anything concerning aviation, terrorists, etc, can be twisted to fit the delusional mindset of a 9/11 twoofer.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
[edit on 11/7/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Attention Please....

The word/term "TRUTHER" is an acceptable idiom.

However the bastardization of the word "Truther" is an insult and from here on will be treated as such.

I am not going to go back and take any action on past offenses, but any future instances and action will be taken.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by I_Wonder

if the plane was off-course for less then ten minutes...but for AN HOUR. Come on

They were only "OFF COURSE" for 15 minutes after passing airport

They were out of contact - a condition called NORDO (no radio) for
hour before that coming from Kansas City

Aircraft occasionly will experience radio trouble. The flight stuck to
flight plan, did not deviate from course/altitude enroute to Miinneapolis

ATC was able to track it all the way

Was only after missing Minneapolis airport did someone say "WTF" and
begin to get concerned - no doubt at this point ATC were yelling
all sort of things at them which finally got their attention

Reheat/Weedwhacker/Swampfox can probably elaborate further

Should stick to facts and not twist them to fit your conspiracy fantasy

new topics