It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Vaccine Requirement for Health Workers Is Lifted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Flu Vaccine Requirement for Health Workers Is Lifted

www.nytimes.com

The Paterson administration backed away on Thursday evening from a health regulation that would have compelled hundreds of thousands of health care workers and hospital volunteers to be vaccinated for seasonal and swine flu.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well the reason I post this in the Breaking News Forum is because this is probably more about individual liberties than it is about h1n1.

So that leaves only the State of Mass to be heard from on this issue.

Has anyone heard of any pressure on the Mass congress regarding their most recently passed law?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I salute this as a good day in the continuing battle on personal rights. I'm not convinced vaccines are as useful as is being preached in the first place, but even if they were 100% effective and safe the choice of the people to make this own health care decisions should left alone.

Mandatory anything is bad.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

ITS MOVING IN STAGES. FORCED VACCINATIONS!!!

Wait. You mean they aren't forcing vaccinations? That can't possibly be true, because the guy on youtube said that they were going to put bracelets on us!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You mean someone is going to bump this thread up?

epic fail flu thread

Should we start a countdown or something in preparation for this? I don't think mandatory for general population was ever in the plan to be truthful. I just don't trust the government or the corporations enough to put my health above their dollar figures.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I woke up this morning and I think I have Swine Flu.

I feel like crap, but at least I didn't have that bloody vaccine!

Now I return to my bed with a cup of Lemsip.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I believe this has more to do with the vaccine shortage than any policy shift. You can't require vaccination if there isn't enough available right? As far as the Commonwealth of MA poistion, that has been hyped into something it's not. The legislation gives the state government the authority to impose certain restrictions IF there is an epidemic outbreak that threatens public health. There's been no need to do anything so far.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Hah... I know what you mean....

I know what you mean....

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've been getting calls from every agency I think I've ever worked wanting me to come work the strikes in that area. LOL.

Good for the nurses! The nurses that do the work and allow the medical-industrial complex to rake in the big bucks thumbed their noses at the employers and said, "good luck making any money without us".

I've been telling the agencies that call Hell No! I'm not working the strike. In fact, I may join them.

Holding a financial gun to someone's head giving them the ultimatum to "take the poison or we'll shoot you" isn't really much of a choice. Power To The Nurses for taking a stand!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just last week, I heard that the unions were going to fight this mandatory vaccination. It's not just the doctors and nurses but everyone who is employed by a healthcare service. That includes the mechanics that work on ambulances and helicopters. As a NY state resident, I'm glad to see this lifted.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
You mean someone is going to bump this thread up?

epic fail flu thread

Looks like the swine flu vaccination conspiracy is beginning to unravel and come apart, thread by thread.
Consider the above mentioned thread bumped.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Nobody can say there isn't any good news on ATS. Good news indeed.
For awhile it looked like we might be facing aq systematic liquidation.
I do not believe those observations came as the result of any paranoia.
It only looks like they might of chickened out to me. No matter with why,I'm ready to party! good post my man.
This lady said it would fail!

I'm certainly taking note that this is a very smart woman.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I believe this has more to do with the vaccine shortage than any policy shift. You can't require vaccination if there isn't enough available right?

It always amuses me that when the facts change, the story/conspiracy changes right along with it.

The fact that a conspiracy is malleable ought to give you just about as much reason you need to see that it is a load of garbage.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
did you hear?? they're adding the h1n1 into certain types of foods now so more people can get infected since not a lot of us want to get the [deadly] vaccine. buy vegi plants and grow your own food! stay on the safe side, away from gov't security.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by jtma508
I believe this has more to do with the vaccine shortage than any policy shift. You can't require vaccination if there isn't enough available right?

It always amuses me that when the facts change, the story/conspiracy changes right along with it.

The fact that a conspiracy is malleable ought to give you just about as much reason you need to see that it is a load of garbage.

Is it not logical to assume that they would have changed their plans after thousands of workers started protesting? I bet they were assuming they were going to go right along with it.

new topics

top topics

join