It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confusion over swine vaccine availability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ok, so whether I'm going to vaccinate my family and myself is yet to be determined, but I am exploring all of my options. In doing this, I have come across an issue that I am curious to explore. All over the media I see stories of people unable to get the vaccine due to lack of availability, clinics simply run out, and doctors are unable to order it (which is another issue entirely), yet I received a standard letter from my child's school. The school is clearly advocating vaccination and they are offering a clinic in a few weeks to provide both the shot and the mist. From what I have seen both on line and various other news outlets, I am led to believe that vaccine is in very short supply, and if one wanted it be prepared to wait for hours, and most likely be turned away. The letter I received came complete with an order form (the order can be placed online or through a 1 800 number), you are billed immediately (unless you have medicare or medicaid in which you enter you number), pick at time for your visit, and that's it, you're done and according to the school and site you are guaranteed a vaccination of your choosing. The situation here, does not seem to be one of lack of vaccination (of either type). So, I am curious has anyone here actually seen the shortages (other than msm coverage)? Have you or anyone you know been unable to receive it IF you wanted it? Or is this simply more scare tactics to get everyone to rush right out?

Edit bc I didn't want to needlessly bump my own thread but I also didn't want to post and sign off (it annoys me) but I will be back in a bit in case anyone does respond.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I believe they are simply playing on the concepts of supply and demand. If the vaccine appears to be limited they think people will be in more of a hurry to receive it.

It's a basic market strategy. we see it at toy stores every year before Christmas.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Seems to be the case, I have to actually meet someone that has been turned away.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've been asking around to family and friends in other areas, and it seems no one is having any difficulty, if they want it. Interestingly, even those that are typically government cheerleaders, or at least believe they would do no harm are questioning the motives behind the "need" for shot, most are going to take their chances since it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about, all I keep hearing is "Why do they want us to take it so bad?" and nearly always the next question is "What is in it?" I guess it is not only the tin foil hat club that is smelling something fishy.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
In South Africa there is no such move. Here they keep telling us it is no worse than seasonal flu. But our cold season is over, and the other counties' is starting.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

That's interesting. Seems here, Indiana, that I can't watch a news station without a story on swine flu, how horrible it is, and how there is apparently a vaccine shortage (not to fear more is on the way
) Most people I have spoken to, some that have had it, say the same as you, its no big deal.

top topics

join