It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahabharata , more then just a story ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
While uranium for weapons is currently purified, I believe I have read that there are a couple of rare sites that have the right potential mix of uranium and oxidation to potentially explode.

Perhaps the site is one of them. And it did.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by rapunzel222
the inventor of the atomic bomb was interviewed aftewards.

he quoted the vedic text, the ramayana,

and said "Now if am become vishnu??, destroyer of worlds".

Please provide quote and link.

also would explain sodom and gomorrah.

So does an earthquake.

the radioactive corpses lying in teh street of mohenjo daro.

These don't exist

the libyan desert glass used by egyptians to make jewellery. fused green glass litters the desert. just like it does in atomic bomb testing sites.

These have already been explained. A crater was found. The glass was created by an impact. There's a thread about it here in this section of ATS.

ancient nuclear war. clearly.

Lack of curiosity and research.
Clearly.

Harte

Harte, i just wanna say that i find your tone very rude and patronizing.
i have already decided not to reply to your posts or to enter into arguments with you.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I love the Mahabharat. Besides reading a quite simplified translation I bought from the Hare Krishna shop I've read a lot online.

I also greatly enjoyed the TV series - all 90 odd episodes. (I've got it on dvd). Here is a clip for you. It is of Krishna talking to Arjun whilst they were on the battlefield before the war started.

This TV series was made in India and isn't as sophisticated as some of the programmes we are used to, but it's beautiful in its own way. By the time the war comes around the viewer has had a chance to get to know the characters and care about what happens to them. The story starts a couple of generations or so before the Pandavas and Kauravas go into battle.

If you want to watch all the episodes, they can be seen here: www.rajshri.com
I think I've seen a few and seem to remember that they had sub-titles.

I've no reason to think that this epic doesn't have some truth in it. There were plenty of wars going on in the past and there must have been many disputes between claimants to a throne.

Thanks for starting this thread, you've encouraged me to go and read a bit more. I never tire of it.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by berenike]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

No, I meant this, specifically: the non-existent and existent-non-existent universe - the cosmogony implied by these terms.

Interesting, wouldn't you say?

(By "you", I mean anyone reading this, of course.)

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Indian people God lov'em are a very superstitious people, they believe all kinds of crazy crap. It is ok to be superstitious but when taken to the extreme that they do is kind of whacked.
www.iloveindia.com...

I can make millions selling "religious" tidbits to the Indian people...

I have no doubts about that.

However, these words from the text - the non-existent and existent-non-existent universe (see my earlier post) - don't sound like any brand of superstition I am familiar with.
They seem to implicate a very sophisticated - and intriguing - cosmogony.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Max_TO

No, I meant this, specifically: the non-existent and existent-non-existent universe - the cosmogony implied by these terms.

Interesting, wouldn't you say?

(By "you", I mean anyone reading this, of course.)
[edit on 25-10-2009 by Vanitas]

That really does make you ponder huh?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It certainly does.

(I hope I am not the only one pondering, though.
I don't ponder well on my own...
)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Thanks for that

I think one can watch the videos on google video as well with the english subtitles . I will definitely watch them once I have finished the book

I would love to see this book done as a big money production as from what I have read so far I would say its 100 times better then the lord of the rings . Perhaps Quentin Tarantino or Mel Gibson could direct it ?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

HAHA thats to much to ponder tonight , I had a very long day lol . I will try thinking about that one tomorrow

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The description of their weapons alone is interesting, in that we have or are working on such these day. Laser weapons etc. Be it not an observation of the time, What genius imaginations they must have had.

As to the use of atomic weapons...in that book there is a description of the effects on the life on the ground. Ah found it:

"A single projectile, charged with all the power of the universe, an incandescent column of smoke and fire as bright as 10,000 suns from a shaft fatal as the rod of death. Endowed with the force of thousand-eyed Indra’s thunder. It was as destructive to all living creatures…Hostile warriors fell to the earth like trees burned down in a raging fire…a substance like fire has sprung into existence…blistering hills, rivers and trees. All…are being reduced to ashes…You cruel and evil ones, drunk with pride, through that iron bolt you shall become exterminators of your race – The Mahabharata

...This weapon was so feared that "in great distress of mind" the king had the bolt reduced to fine powder and thrown into the sea. Even with these precautions, people's hair and fingernails fell out overnight, birds turned white and their legs became scarlet and blistered, and food went bad - The Mahabharata

It was as if the elements had been unleashed. The sun spun round. Scorched by the incandescent heat of the weapon, the world reeled in fever. Elephants were set on fire by the heat and ran to and fro in a frenzy ...water boiled, animals died, the enemy was mown down and the raging of the blaze made the trees collapse…Horses and war chariots were burnt up... Thousands of chariots were destroyed, then deep silence descended on the sea…The corpses of the fallen were mutilated by the terrible heat so that they no longer looked like human beings. Never before have we seen such a ghastly weapon and never before have we heard of such a weapon - The Mahabharata"

Sounds like an Atomic event to me.

This article also has other interesting info relating to the connection to the above event. This particular part is found about 3/4 of the way down the page.

effects of weapon

Also consider their vimanas and the drawings of them.
vimana

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Thanks for adding that !

Yes you are right that does sound very much like how us modern age people would describe a Nuclear explosion .

Also very interesting , as you have pointed out , that the author would have the ability to conceive such a wicked explosion way back then in the time the text was written . It is no wonder as to why many people today who read that are lead to believe that something catastrophic happened way back then .

Personal update , having been reading the book for a few days now I am still mesmerized buy this ancient work !

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I have to fully agree! The Vimanas are the reason I became interested in the text.

As for the Poster who said they meditated to make the weapon, hell, I know a lot of things can definately be accessed through meditation, past lives, future events, whom is to say that meditation did not lead to the knowledge of how to build and use this weapon? However, I am not going to say anything about being narrow minded or being a disinfo agent I'll just keep it to myself.

Vanitas... to me that line alone is to me implying about the unreality of reality ie, the holographic universe theory/matrix type thing. They were ages ahead of even us today, at least most of us.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
Harte, i just wanna say that i find your tone very rude and patronizing.
i have already decided not to reply to your posts or to enter into arguments with you.

By all means, continue with your fantasy.

Harte

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I would say IMO it means The universe before this one.

Existent. Here and now

Non-existent. Use to exist.

Good question. Interested in seeing what others come up with.

Oh and possibly the universe before that.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Conclusion]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Thanks for posting those links

I found something else of importance with regards to dating the Year of Mahabharata .

www.reversespins.com...

For thousands of years, we have believed in the divinity of Shri Krishna. For us he was a Karmayogi par excellence who gave us action oriented philosophy of life in the form of Bhagavad Gita. But questions have constantly haunted us as to whether Krishna was a historical or mythical character and whether the war of Mahabharata was actually fought.

Till recently, we did not have the wherewithal to search for and establish the truth. But modern scientific tools and techniques like computers with planetarium softwares, advancements in archaeological and marine archaeological techniques, earth-sensing satellite photography and thermo-luminescence dating methods, all have made it possible to establish the authenticity and dating of many events narrated in ancient texts like the Mahabharata. Recent archaeo- astronomical studies, results of marine-archaeological explorations and overwhelming archaeological evidence have established the historicity and dating of many events narrated in the Mahabharata. These have led to the conclusion that Mahabharata War was actually fought in 1478 BC and Shri Krishna's Dwarka City got submerged under the sea in 1443 BC.

Astronomical Evidence: In the Mahabharata references to sequential solar and lunar eclipses as also references to some celestial observations have been made. Dr RN Iyengar, the great scientist of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, examined relevant references and searched for the compatible dates by making use of planetarium software (PVIS and EZC). He concluded that most of these references were internally consistent and that the eclipses and celestial observations of Mahabharata belong to the period 1493 BC-1443 BC of Indian History, (refer Indian Journal of History of Science/38.2/2003/77-115).

In the Mahabharata, there are references to three sequential solar eclipses and some other planetary positions. Reference to the first solar eclipse comes in the Sabha Parva (79.29), graphically described by Vidur when Pandavas start their journey to the forest on being banished for 12 years of life in exile and one year of life incognito after they had lost everything in the game of dice. After 13 years of exile and incognito life, the Pandavas returned to Hastinapur and demanded their kingdom back, but Duryodhana refused. Several efforts to prevent war failed and war became imminent.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Max_TO]

This is interesting.. if I'm not mistaken, there are to be 3 distinct eclipses in 2012? Quite rare to have 3 in one year. I'd be interested to see if it fell within the 3600 year cycle range..

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by djcloudy

1500 BC to 1500 AD = 3000 years

1500AD + 600 = 2100

It would appear so....hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
As to the use of atomic weapons...in that book there is a description of the effects on the life on the ground. Ah found it:

"A single projectile, charged with all the power of the universe, an incandescent column of smoke and fire as bright as 10,000 suns from a shaft fatal as the rod of death. Endowed with the force of thousand-eyed Indra’s thunder. It was as destructive to all living creatures…Hostile warriors fell to the earth like trees burned down in a raging fire…a substance like fire has sprung into existence…blistering hills, rivers and trees. All…are being reduced to ashes…You cruel and evil ones, drunk with pride, through that iron bolt you shall become exterminators of your race – The Mahabharata

These words do not appear in the Mahabharata.

Harte

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
look buddy I critice u on that thread which might heart Indian on the content written by u

As an Hindu I would like to tell u that U have read this epic in english which is not a reliable source, It actually was written in SANSKRIT Language, and letter transsffers IN Hindi , Bcoz Hindi is originated From Sansksrit Language, SO if u r reading IN english , the weapons that u called NUCLEAR r not nuclear, It might have transsfferd in english that they have yo use the word NUCLEAR for weapons used in MAHABHARAT.
I completly disagrred by U that, U said that it's found in NEPAL. Look It'sa 4000 years back epic and that time the area from Uttar Pradesh( State in current India) to Kedarnath ( Now in Nepal) was a state of that time Of PANDAVS and the KAURAVS. so in that time it was a whole state of there's kingdom.

U put a Quetion on this book to be called HOLY. I wanna tell u that u don't know anything about whole story of that time.
It started with LORD KRISHNA , who was born to kill the EVIL KANSH( a person who killed his seven brothers before he was born at the time of birth of all, for a reson to be LONG lIVE on earth, He prisoned her mother and father in a 7 doors JAIl, but at the time of HIS birth , since he was a lord, all the doors suddenly opens and the the persons who were eyening all the time were went to sleep suddenly, and his father take him away to send him nearby Village GOKOL king and return with His Daughter wg\hich was alos born at that time, When KANSH return, He finds that his sister was having a baby , and take her away and kill her. But at the same time after killing her , A voice in the sky tell him that His END Has get to safe place,
At the Age of 12 LORD krishna kills the EVIL KANSH and unprisoned her parents. after that he decided to leave MATHURA and decided to create a New city THAT will be called as DWARKA. Meanwhile in the way to his new city He found the fight between PANDAS and KAURAVAS, and he decided to support PANDAVS since they were right and they were True,
So that name used by u called as NUCLEAR WEAPONS was actully powers of LORD KRISHNA

And if u r interesred in INDIAN EPICS , read them fully U can't give ur Biased opinion after reading 100 pages, IT's nothing , and to understand the whole things happen , U will also read to EPIC GEETA as Well AS EPIC MAHABHARTA

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

From the Mahabharata:

Herein also hath been described the eternal Vasudeva possessing the six attributes. He is the true and just, the pure and holy, the eternal Brahma, the supreme soul, the true constant light, whose divine deeds wise and learned recount; from whom hath proceeded the non-existent and existent-non-existent universe with principles of generation and progression, and birth, death and re-birth.

Anyone cares to comment (seriously, please) on the passage in red?

I care buudy, It's A HIndu Myth , even scientist have no clear eveidence on when the Universe come in existentene and how the universe can be destyoed, but all the hindu's population i.e 827,578,868 hindus as per 2001 cenus beleives that LORD BHRAMA IS the creator of Universe
so neither u nor I can argue ob that point

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by avanish

Hello, welcome to ATS.

Be gentle with us, no-one meant any disrespect. As you say, we have to rely on an English translation and very few of us are in a position to argue with how the translators word things.

Edit to add: I don't think the words 'nuclear explosion' have been used in any translation that I have read. But reading the descriptions of the weapons and their effects, they do sound oddly familiar.

The Mahabharat is a wonderful epic and probably most of us discover it later on in life and don't have the advantage of having studied it from when we were children.

It's great to have you here to join in the discussion, you're insights are very useful.

But for some people, especially me, it's extremely interesting to read all the old stories and see what they have in common or how they can relate to modern times.

The way Gandhari, for instance, gave birth to her hundred children has some similarities to stories of Ninhursag of the Annunaki. And although I can't remember exactly where it is in the Bible I think I remember a story there of an angel who 'grew' babies in a pot. (I could have got the wrong source for that).

Then you look at today and see the advances made in fertility treatments, cloning and genetic engineering and the mind starts to make connections.

The way one could see similarities in the weapons used in the war between the Pandavas and Kauravas and the description of the Hebrew god's destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and modern nuclear explosions.

It makes for an interesting discussion. And people who are new to the Mahabharat get excited about it and it's great to get caught up in their enthusiasm.

I'll look forward to more of your contributions.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by berenike]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join