It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey aliens are taking some humans to Pleiades

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I can't even believe that I am entertaining this post by replying.

If aliens exist, it requires proof.
Their intent is unknown, just as much as their existance.

The Ignorance to believe any source without corroborating evidence is incredible.
If I claimed that " I " am an Alien, and my claim substantiates proof, I would be laughed at, and flamed, right of this board.

This nonsense of posting without credible sources, and just for personal gratification(trolling, attention) is really becoming annoying.
I don't know how other readers and memebers might feel about this, but the level of dookie we are having to continually wade through on this board is getting ridiculous.

It's an altogether different story if the OP was asking for said, corroborating evidence or asking of opinions regarding the subject matter.
That however is not the case.
I have yet to see an honest question or something substantial to be added by the OP.

MODS delete my post if you will, but it's how I feel, and I'm being honest.

[edit on 10/22/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
humas take other humans against their will all of the time, and trade them for sex slaves etc.....they also take animals......even in domestic situations humans trap their own families at home, a HELL of a lot more that ever gets talked about......

If they just have different or better technology, that dosen't mean a thing...

Technology dosen't stop all of the spousal abuse and child abuse does it?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

I also have no way to prove I was raped 35, 25, and 5 years ago, I have no way at ALL to prove it, not ONE smidgen of evidence......dosen't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I would hope that we (ATSers) are the last people you would be interested in proving your ordeal to.
DAMN!!
I do believe that the authorities would have a much better time in listening to your situation, and acquiring the prerequisite proof, not to mention the incarceration of those who were responsible for your pain.

The fact that you would even use that as an example to retort my post on this forum is rather disturbing, and you should seek out some professional help immediately.

Seriously, you need it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

There is simply not enough information either way to make such a confident judgement as you did.

It's hard to disagree with your logic here jkrog08... however to spare us pages and pages of circular arguments that never really bring us closer to any one truth, what can we do? How do we proceed?

Do we accept the argument that carries the higher probability of being true, or can we use a tool such as occams razor? Do we just leave it as a gray area and prevent those from either side making proclamations?

IRM

[edit on 22/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Where is YOUR proof that aliens are not taking people anywhere? Keep in mind absence of evidence is NOT proof of anything either way.

Thanks for sharing however.

OP edited.

You're so wrong! What you're saying is just a popular misconception. When a claim is made it is the claimant's responsibility to provide irrefutable evidence or the claim is just empty air, a belief. Absence of evidence is exactly what it says: there is no evidence therefore you cannot prove the claim. Where is your proof that aliens exist and are abducting humans? If you have no evidence, you're blowing hot air.

But don't feel bad, you're not alone. You have lots of company of like-minded individuals.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
I can't even believe that I am entertaining this post by replying.

If aliens exist, it requires proof.
Their intent is unknown, just as much as their existance.

The Ignorance to believe any source without corroborating evidence is incredible.
If I claimed that " I " am an Alien, and my claim substantiates proof, I would be laughed at, and flamed, right of this board.

This nonsense of posting without credible sources, and just for personal gratification(trolling, attention) is really becoming annoying.
I don't know how other readers and memebers might feel about this, but the level of dookie we are having to continually wade through on this board is getting ridiculous.

It's an altogether different story if the OP was asking for said, corroborating evidence or asking of opinions regarding the subject matter.
That however is not the case.
I have yet to see an honest question or something substantial to be added by the OP.

MODS delete my post if you will, but it's how I feel, and I'm being honest.

Your reply pretty much states what I state most of the time, just worded differently. But if this reply had my name on it, you can bet your bippy you'd be assaulted by every lame brain on ATS!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical EdWhen a claim is made it is the claimant's responsibility to provide irrefutable evidence or the claim is just empty air, a belief. Absence of evidence is exactly what it says: there is no evidence therefore you cannot prove the claim. Where is your proof that aliens exist and are abducting humans? If you have no evidence, you're blowing hot air.

No different than your claim of "six solid sightings" that you apparently have evidence of that you never post. Yet you have no issue saying it happened.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical EdYour reply pretty much states what I state most of the time, just worded differently. But if this reply had my name on it, you can bet your bippy you'd be assaulted by every lame brain on ATS![edit on 22-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

Except you never post sources or evidence of anything, just hearsay.

You also feel the need to insult most of ATS in most of your posts.

The exact opposite of the post you quoted.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's the same message all over again. Your purpose is to evolve towards godhood or some equivalent. It's what the serpent told Eve in the garden, you will be like god, prior to subjecting her to an eternal curse, death and misery.

Of course he had to remote view Jesus. All the aliens and new age cults have to deconstruct Jesus, since in fact he is their arch enemy. The pseudo christ also gave the typical message that all spiritual roads lead to God. Let's see, how does that compare with these words of Jesus from the Bible?
John 14

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

and,

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

I am not surprised that the cults and the new agers all teach the exact opposite of the truth concerning who Jesus is and the way to salvation.

However, like an earlier poster said, it does read like a somewhat entertaining science fiction novel, though it lacks any real plot development.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
When a claim is made it is the claimant's responsibility to provide irrefutable evidence or the claim is just empty air, a belief. Absence of evidence is exactly what it says: there is no evidence therefore you cannot prove the claim.

I agree that burden of proof is on the claimant, but jkrog was replying to someone who made a claim, therefor the responsibility to provide evidence is on that person, regardless of the claim. And the claim was that "aliens aren't taking people anywhere".

Personally, I find that claim even more unlikely to be proven than the one that aliens are abducting people. Why? Because you only need one proven case of someone being taken by aliens; while on the other hand, no matter how many cases of "non-abductions" you get, it still wouldn't prove that aliens weren't taking people somewhere.

The irony here is that while you're continuously trying to show off your scientifically sound arguments and skepticism what you end up showing is that you fall for every logical trap in the book.

In this specific case you try to correct someone (jkrog) who pointed that there isn't evidence for this claim either way, failing to notice that he was responding to someone that, not only made a claim, but made a negative one ("aliens aren't taking people"), something you - a proclaimed skeptic - should recognize as a negative premise fallacy.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by converge]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
There is no "proof" of "grey aliens" taking humans anywhere. Proof is irrefutable evidence. There is none in the book. "Scientific Remote Viewing" is not real science and its supporters do not require evidence, just a good tale which the author, a political "scientist"(!) provides. What the author in the book claims cannot be substantiated, therefore it's all in his mind!. The book is 13 years old!

And when you have Whitley Strieber and John Mack endorsing it, that is its death knell.

I may not agree that aliens are taking poeple anywhere, but I cannot agree with this line:- "Scientific Remote Viewing" is not real science"

If that really was the case Ed, why would the military in many countries develop and then have as an operational group "Remote Viewers". If the science of it worked and still works for the military then why not for a sceptic? Is the problem you have with it in the definition of "Science"

General:-
Something that always makes me laugh with New-Agers is their concept of Pleiades being a homeworld to an advanced alien race here to assist us. The facts are these:- The Plieades are young stars which were formed when dinosaurs still roamed our planet. Given this, it would seem virtually impossible for a race to gestate, develop and finally reach a level of technology where travelling the stars was simple for them, in such a short timeframe.

But, I see no reason why some humans are not aligned with other races and acting parts in their agendas for whatever reason. That I can see is possible given we are all equal souls inhabiting a wide variety of forms within the universe.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

1930, lake Anjikuni , Canada

1200 residents , and their ancestors graves disappeared ,

WITHOUT TRACE

Canadian Mounties reported mysterious lights in the sky......

That IS irrefutable evidence

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
Except you never post sources or evidence of anything, just hearsay.

You also feel the need to insult most of ATS in most of your posts.

As opposed to you, never furthering a thread and only popping in to attack the same few people each time? You sure showed him.

reply to post by Tayesin

I would love to see some sources that prove that the men who stare at goats are not only real, but still active. It's believed there were experiments performed by the government decades ago in remote viewing, ESP, and so on, but they didn't work.

I'd be interested to see something reliable that shows this program is still ongoing. What a spectacular waste of taxpayer dollars that one would be.

reply to post by radarloveguy

Sources for that would be great to see as well, because it looks like an interesting story. Not evidence, just yet, but I'd like to read it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The RCMP has since dismissed the case as an urban legend

later investigations indicate there may have been some structures that were permanently or seasonally abandoned by the occupants, a normal act which could be confusing to those inexperienced to the area and conditions; it was not sudden and nothing of any real value was left behind

en.wikipedia.org...

If you stopped believing everything UFO sites feed you and actually did some work you would have known this. Also if it was irrefutable evidence...it is only evidence that people disappeared not that anything paranormal happened.

About the OP....who knew imaginary creatures could take anyone.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All I want to know is what they're smoking.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

"The world's [read Earth] greatest U.F.O mysteries"

1983 - Octopus Publishing Group Ltd

by ----Roger Boar & Nigel Blundell

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

In the middle of winter , they dug up their ancestors ,

out of the perma-frost , and left behind their dogs and guns....?

to go where ?

and no , this is not a myth , too many reputable witnesses !

...and Roswell had a balloon/swamp gas/venus/cloud/bird/

urban myth/official change of mind too...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

This is the story as it appears in Frank Edwards' 1966 book, Stranger than Science; other versions appear in Whitley Strieber's science fiction novel, Majestic (fiction) and Dean Koontz's horror yarn "Phantoms"; The Worlds Greatest UFO Mysteries (presented as fact) has an even more embellished version, as do other websites and books, complete with mysterious lights in the sky, empty graveyards, and over one thousand people missing.

en.wikipedia.org...
Read the article...there are more sites that will tell you the same thing..but this one sums it up best.
Where did you get that there have many reputable witnesses? One supposed witness...and the story has been embellished a lot. Ufo sites and believers will constantly change the facts in a story to help thier cause.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

or we take them home and pamper them as pets

I wish an indescribably beautiful human female alien would keep me as one

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join