Grey aliens are taking some humans to Pleiades

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It seems like Grey Aliens are taking some humans to Pleiades. The proof is Chapter 12 in this book:
www.courtneybrown.com...

[edit on 22-10-2009 by sphinx551]

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well if it is in a book then it must be true. Furthermore it is on the web which makes it double true. Well I hope they treat folks nice on Pleadise or wherever it is.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
It seems like Grey Aliens are taking some humans to Pleiades. The proof is Chapter 11 in the book:
www.courtneybrown.com...

There is no "proof" of "grey aliens" taking humans anywhere. Proof is irrefutable evidence. There is none in the book. "Scientific Remote Viewing" is not real science and its supporters do not require evidence, just a good tale which the author, a political "scientist"(!) provides. What the author in the book claims cannot be substantiated, therefore it's all in his mind!. The book is 13 years old!

And when you have Whitley Strieber and John Mack endorsing it, that is its death knell.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911Liar
Well if it is in a book then it must be true.

Yeah... just like the bible. No way that's just a group of stories made up by some people who polly had nothing better to do. That stuff is all true. Yup, it's all true I tell ya. True.

Aliens aren't taking people anywhere. Why would they? If they view us, like we view "animals in a zoo", do we feel the need to snatch a monkey in the middle of the night while it's sleeping, drive it to Chicopee Massachusetts, and then return it to the zoo just to do it? NO. Then why would they?

Edit for spacing.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by BrnBdry]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I briefly skimmed through the book, looks interesting, I will have to read a few pages tonight.
I have not heard much about the author, do have any other info?
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Here's a snippet from a very interesting article written by Scott O. Lilienfeld, a colleague of Brown's at Emory University:

In light of Brown's claims, I recently challenged him to a test of his alleged psychic abilities. I proposed that he appear at a meeting of my undergraduate seminar on Science and Pseudoscience in Psychology, where my students and I would subject him to a simple controlled experiment examining his capacity to remotely view stimuli in an adjacent room. I assured him that he would have considerable input regarding the selection of stimulus materials, and agreed to publicize the results of this test in both Emory newspapers regardless of its outcome.

But Brown categorically refused. His reasoning was curious: In his e-mail response to me, he asserted that "tests of the type you have talked about are very old hat" and that the current status of remote viewing "goes light years beyond that which your letter suggests." But if Brown's psychic powers are as advanced as he claims, shouldn't he be able to pass an elementary test of these powers with flying colors?

Brown also declined my offer on the grounds that he did "not want to drag Emory into my other activities" and that he is "rigorous about not mixing what I do elsewhere with what I do at Emory." This rationale seems disingenuous at best. If Brown did not wish to involve Emory in his exploits, why did he list his academic affiliation with Emory in his book and on his web site? Brown apparently wants to have it both ways: He publicizes his association with Emory when it might afford him the imprimatur of academic legitimacy, but refuses to submit to scientific tests by Emory colleagues on the grounds that he does not wish to "drag Emory" into a firestorm of controversy. But it is too late: Emory's reputation has already been besmirched. As George Armelagos of the Department of Anthropology notes, "Brown is naive if he believes his fantasies do not affect the image of the University."

www.emory.edu...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
do you have any pictures you can show us of these aliens taking humans? that would be conisidered proof I think.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Maybe not..

But don't we capture monkeys in the wild then take them to said zoo??

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

Yeah... just like the bible. No way that's just a group of stories made up by some people who polly had nothing better to do. That stuff is all true. Yup, it's all true I tell ya. True.

Aliens aren't taking people anywhere. Why would they? If they view us, like we view "animals in a zoo", do we feel the need to snatch a monkey in the middle of the night while it's sleeping, drive it to Chicopee Massachusetts, and then return it to the zoo just to do it? NO. Then why would they?

Edit for spacing.

While I agree that the OP's source is ridiculous, I don't believe they view us like "animals in a zoo." We are intelligent, capable of forming complex thoughts and performing complex tasks. We are probably closer in intelligence to them than chimps are to us.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot

Yes, but that doesn't mean aliens are doing it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hey peeps, I just got back WHEW!! What a trip! Pleiades is amazing! Will post pics soon, gotta unpack first.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm gonna be honest with you; I read this book like I read any other science-fiction book or story. To me, this is entertainment. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot

Yes, but that doesn't mean aliens are doing it.

I wasn't saying they are..
Just pointing out the logic..

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight

While I agree that the OP's source is ridiculous, I don't believe they view us like "animals in a zoo."

I think they do. Aliens are probably laughing at how "uncivilized, ignorant and creeps" humans are compared to them.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the link....it looks like a very interesting read. I'll let you know what I think.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

To be fair, why would they view us as "animals in a zoo"? Wouldn't they view us as "animals in the wild"? And yes, we do snatch animals out of the wild and then return them...all the time.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Hey peeps, I just got back WHEW!! What a trip! Pleiades is amazing! Will post pics soon, gotta unpack first.

Does your "bum" hurt? Can you sit down? Is diarrhea easier to deal with?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Why would they?

Preservation

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Edit for spacing.

Well a few hundred years ago Captain James Cook, took with consent, a native (I believe from Vanuatu) back to London. Cook kept his word and returned him to his homeland a few years later. This wasn't for research, slavery, anything like that - it was purely because both parties agreed and it would be cool to do so.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Funny how quickly and apparently unknowingly people can become so hypocritical on here. Where is YOUR proof that aliens are not taking people anywhere? Keep in mind absence of evidence is NOT proof of anything either way.

Your argument has as much evidence as the other does at this time. Just because there is no "absolute proof" of aliens abducting people does not make it not true. Alternatively, just because someone is claiming in a book that aliens are taking people to another star system does not mean that is true either.

There is simply not enough information either way to make such a confident judgement as you did.

reply to post by sphinx551

Well thanks for sharing, but unless you were giving us a advertising-like description of the book you shouldn't state that "the proof is in the book on chapter 12", that is erroneous and can be misleading.

Additionally, it is usually better if you might give us some of your OWN insights into what you think about this "proof", because honestly myself or many others are not going to sit down and waste our time reading this lengthy book just because it is yet another out of 1 MILLION plus that claim to "have the truth" in there.

While I do not doubt that based on the available evidence it is possible that alien abductions do exist, I feel that such claims as these that lack any type of even semi-solid evidence to back them up should remain considered in the HIGHLY SPECULATIVE parts of ufology, this type of thing is NOT what is needed right now in regards to getting more respectable mainstream attention.

While it might be prudent for any ufologist to have a read through this book and others, it should always be regarded as exactly what it is-super speculative with MUCH more evidence needed before such things can even be taken to another level besides conjecture in my humble opinion.

Thanks for sharing however.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by jkrog08]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join