It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama banker testifies he bribed Birmingham mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Alabama banker testifies he bribed Birmingham mayor

www.reuters.com

An Alabama investment banker testified on Thursday that he provided tens of thousands of dollars in funds and gifts of clothes and jewelry to Birmingham Mayor Larry Langford to obtain bond deal business from Jefferson County as it refinanced its sewer debt.

Langford, 61, the mayor of Alabama's largest city, is on trial on 60 counts, including bribery, money laundering and conspiracy linked to a multibillion-dollar sewer bond debt that has led Jefferson County to the brink of what would be the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson was correct. "I sincerely believe... that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale."

Nearly bringing down Jefferson county in bankruptcy. How could this be possible?

If you somehow don't think that governments are in bed with the banking institutions. This should open your eyes. It's a sad state of affairs when playing with money will bring down a city.

Could this be more widespread than in just Jefferson County? I believe it is. I think this is a widely held practice all over this nation.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/22/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There is a thread floating around that talks about whether or not sin is relative or not.

I have no problems with people making millions of dollars. But if you are not satisfied with lets say a 250,000 dollar check, and then you put whole towns and cities and even a country into shambles for some more money, then IMO, you have crossed the wrong line.

But that is what makes the world what it is...some people with golden ethics (thank god for them people, make it easier on the rest of us), or those with not a single ethic.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

See if the allegations are true. It means that this city mayor decided that lining his own pocket was worth nearly bankrupting the entire county.

This is the kind of control the banking industry has on our civilization in general.

new topics

top topics

join