It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special email message sent from OBiden : LOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Special email message sent from OBiden : LOL

If you don't receive Obama emails you should sign up to see what they are up tooooo...

Partial raw header (for the skeptics that think I have time to create this beggars tripe...)

Received: from maillist-a
by localhost.localdomain with local (PHPMailer);
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:00:36
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:00:36

Partial raw header (for the skeptics that think I have time to create this beggars tripe...)

To:
Reply-to: [email protected]
Subject: The fight
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: PHPMailer [version 1.71-blue_mailer]

Here's the body of the email begging for donations...

I can't believe that they need to beg for money to help pass their silly little agendas... Even after we've been out in full force telling them to cool their jets on Insurance Reform (or whatever they are calling it this week.)

Don't they still have hundreds of millions donated from other countries into the Obama campaigns' "stash"?

Friend --

We've got a fight on our hands. Powerful insurance companies are pulling out all the stops to defeat the President's plan for health reform. They're spending seven million bucks a week on lobbyists, blanketing the country with deceptive TV ads, and just funded two high-profile "reports" to distort what reform would mean for you.

I know their game. I was in the Senate the last time health reform came around, and I saw the special interests savage our efforts. Frankly, under the old rules of Washington they were nearly impossible to beat. But now, thanks to you, the rules are changing. All the lies, scare tactics and lobbyist shake-downs in the world are no match for the incredible work of Organizing for America supporters like you. That's exactly what frightens them so much -- and it's what Barack and I are counting on.

After decades of false starts, we're now just a short time from finally passing real reform. Every member of Congress will soon have to cast their vote. As real change draws near, you can bet the insurance companies will hold nothing back. That means OFA will need the extra resources to beat back whatever attack they can dream up next. Here's the bottom line: it's not time to let up -- it's time to double down.

Please donate $5 or more to power OFA's fight for change as we head into the final round.

When I talk about you changing the rules in Washington, here's what I mean: This week, crucial negotiations on Capitol Hill are shaping a comprehensive reform proposal. At the same time, the insurance companies' phony reports are grabbing headlines and their lobbyists are twisting arms. But your work is keeping them from setting us back.

On Tuesday, OFA supporters around the country organized more than 1,000 local outreach events and generated an astounding 330,000 calls to Congress from constituents telling their representatives that "it's time to deliver." From my years in Congress and my conversations with Senate colleagues this week, I can tell you with confidence that your message broke through and you helped keep us on track.

If this fight were only about guaranteeing the choice of secure, quality, affordable care for every American, it would be worth everything we could throw at it. But as Barack reminded us this week, this fight for change is now about something even bigger: a test of whether or not "we as a nation are capable of tackling our toughest challenges, if we can serve the national interest despite the unrelenting efforts of the special interests; if we can still do big things in America."

I believe we can. And Barack believes we can. But what really matters is whether you believe we can. If you do, now is the moment to make it happen. Please contribute today:

onate.Link:

Thank you,

Vice President Joe Biden

(Only added emphasis on one line above.)

Anything from OBiden gives me the warm fuzzies.

He's only a heartbeat away...
ya know ...
I'm just sayin'

[edit on 10·22·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well isn't that special. The freaking White House begging for money like a bunch of crack heads on a street corner. Unbelievable. Just when you think they couldn't be any more pathetic they pull some out of their rearends like this. I think maybe we should just hand the keys to the Chinese and ask them to treat us gently and take care of us.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Post all the headers and then this moves this out of the probably-a-hoax category. What you have provided so far is nothing that backs up your claim that this is an email you actually received.

Yeah I tend to be a wee bit sceptical which is why I have not collected those millions of dollars waiting for me in Nigeria or gotten back to all those Russian single women who are dying to meet me.

Let's see the real headers with the routing info.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic
Post all the headers and then this moves this out of the probably-a-hoax category. What you have provided so far is nothing that backs up your claim that this is an email you actually received.

Yeah I tend to be a wee bit sceptical which is why I have not collected those millions of dollars waiting for me in Nigeria or gotten back to all those Russian single women who are dying to meet me.

Let's see the real headers with the routing info.

Each email has a unique identifier that, if posted, would trail it back to my real email address.

Someone edited my OP, although it doesn't say so, to delete the TO: field even though I had masked it.

Full headers are out. That should be a no brainer for anyone.

But there you have it. If you want receive their emails just go to some .gov or .com and you too can receive emails from TPTB.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Odd, I have signed up for Emails from the white house, and I didn't get this email.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Each email has a unique identifier that, if posted, would trail it back to my real email address.

Someone edited my OP, although it doesn't say so, to delete the TO: field even though I had masked it.

Full headers are out. That should be a no brainer for anyone.

But there you have it. If you want receive their emails just go to some .gov or .com and you too can receive emails from TPTB.

Bull.

The "unique id" originates at the sending computer, not the receiving computer. There is no problem with obfuscating your email address while leaving all the sender's header info intact. it's done ALL the time. Full headers means show us the headers that identify the originating host and the headers that were added as it wended its way through the email systems. Just delete the endpoint that is your email address.

Your refusal to back up your claim with evidence, and your poor arguments for your refusal suggest that this is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Odd, I have signed up for Emails from the white house, and I didn't get this email.

same here.
This is a hoax created by a conservative moron who can't find any other way to destroy this administration so they create up lies like this to try and discredit them.

I'm not saying the OP is the culprit...maybe the OP really did get this email.

Doesn't mean it came from Joe Biden.

And further more, why would Bidens people send an email asking for money for Barack??

Obama can have his own people do it themselves.

I say this post needs a [hoax] tag added, unless the OP can produce some real credible evidence...if not...this is nothing more than political baiting at its worst.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
No, I get them all the time too. I do find it funny they are always asking for a contribution.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yep, I think our friend DrMattMaddix has been fooled by someone. I imagine if you really looked at the full header of the email, it would probably have originated in Nigeria

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
since you say you dont want to provide evidence:

then i issue this challenge:

Get a super moderator involved. Send that moderator the full header in a private message - if that moderator can then confirm, indisputably and beyond a shadow of a doubt, then this post doesn't need a [hoax] tag

because i get white house emails...and i've never seen this.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This looks to be from the DNC.

I'm not sure if Biden is involved or not, but this is from the DNC.

UPDATE:

Paid for by Organizing for America, a project of the Democratic National Committee -- 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003. This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Monetary contributions to the Democratic National Committee are not tax-deductible.

Source

Was that in your email, too? Did you leave that part out?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hey at least they are using opensource PHPMailer
but again my guess is this is a hoax, and someone pulled you leg..

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hello? DrMattMaddix? I see you've been on ATS recently. Did you check your new thread for responses?

Was the DNC credit at the bottom of your email?
The one that says the politicians had nothing to do with it?
Did you forget to include that in your OP?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

silence.....thats all we hear from the OP

[hoax]

this email was made up.

top topics

join