It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese economy grows as USA fails

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

ndia? No they won't. It would take several generations before they(collectively) think on the level of current developed nations. The Chinese will get there faster.

Japan now has it's house back in order and has corrected the mistakes of the 80's. I'm betting on Japan. Japan has a long history of military engagement interrupted only by its fall at WWII.

I'm thinking China will take a fall like Japan did in the '90s. China is Japan on steroids!

But no doubt all those countries will be interesting to watch!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Best thread ever! I forgot what intelligent and thoughtful posts in ATS look like until reading this. Thank you ladies and gentlemen.

Will China’s meteoric rise up the economic ladder have a huge backlash somewhere down the line? Possibly pollution related? Over population related? Politically related? Water related?

Stunning photos showing a bit of China’s pollution problem:

www.chinahush.com...#

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by demo_man07
Best thread ever! I forgot what intelligent and thoughtful posts in ATS look like until reading this. Thank you ladies and gentlemen.

Will China’s meteoric rise up the economic ladder have a huge backlash somewhere down the line? Possibly pollution related? Over population related? Politically related? Water related?

www.chinahush.com...#

Did you know that a sizable portion of the pollution in LA comes from........China??

Yup.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I thought it was from Mexico City?

Here I am doing my part increasing my carbon foot print. Last month in Oregon. That's me in the black helmet and Grey t-Shirt squatting all the way on the left.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by demo_man07

www.chinahush.com...#

You know for all that is wrong in the US at least we can officially say that we as a nation that our cities are no longer in the top ten polluters. This wasn't the case back in the 60s and 70s

Top 10 – Most Polluted Mega Cities in the World

Hey anybody remember this from the early 70's ?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Nothing unusual about this!

The nwo elite have been moving out of the usa/western europe and investing in 2nd and 3rd world countries for quite some time. Its all about exploiting cheap labor to maximize profits. Sure consumers may get a good deal on merchandise built overseas but we keep forgetting we are also employees.

If you make less then you spend less. If you don't work then you can't spend. Its a double edged knive all the way.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Here I am doing my part increasing my carbon foot print. Last month in Oregon. That's me in the black helmet and Grey t-Shirt squatting all the way on the left.

Proud!

Here's to sand in your eyes!

Let me guess, south of Florence, OR?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Even if you've managed to find locally made, who's to know the materials they used did not come from China?

Your patriotism is admirable. But in the end futile. Your biggest concern should be you own pocket's bottomline. In this instance going against the tide is not worth it.

Besides, the sooner China gets richer, the sooner they'll stop making cheap stuff.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Oh ignore her.

Here you go a couple of sites.

American-made products

American Made:

There are plenty locations available online.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I still dont have a good outlook, and still dont have an answer or opinion on whether or not we will be handed over as payment on debt.

China is a 4 Trillion dollar economy in GDP and the US is a $14 Trillion GDP.

Do you think the US will ever be "handed over to China". Obviously not.

China has roughly the same amount of national debt in relation to GDP as the US on the books and off the books, much more.

China is in much worse shape than the US!

I have a problem with the media about realism in this department. Why not tell it the way it is?

[edit on 24/10/09 by plumranch]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Oh ignore her.

Here you go a couple of sites.

American-made products

American Made:

There are plenty locations available online.

Thank you so much for the links, I'm actually attempting to start a small made in the states business, (lighting/custom made) I'll use these hopefully as marketing tools.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join