It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinct animals could be brought back to life thanks to advances in DNA technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I'm thinking this is a VERY STUPID idea!!!

I sense a real-life episode of the movie "DOOM" coming about soon.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is the title of the article:

Extinct animals could be brought back to life thanks to advances in DNA technology

This is a quote from the article that the author conveniently ignores, just for fun.

"It's hard to say that something will never ever be possible,"said Svante Pääbo of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, who is sequencing the Neanderthal genome.

"But it would require technologies so far removed from what we currently have that I cannot imagine how it would be done."

Telegraph.co.uk

That's pretty irresponsible journalism, in my opinion.

If there were a way to demonstrate this endeavor, wouldn't it be better to just pick a specimen of a more recent extinction, like say, the passenger pigeon? There must be others more recently extinct.

[edit on 2009/10/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

What would be the purpose? Not only this the environment and temperature of today's climate in most parts of the world is "Killing" our animals. Perhaps the scientist's minds are devolving into a "primitive state."

I think that it served its purpose back then. For what historical means is this useful to today's world? It would seem to rather be a 'Freak Show' at best, coupled with the results of a disastrous human error.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join