It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Unveils 360-Degree 3D Display (w/ Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Today at the DC Expo in Tokyo, Sony has introduced a new 3D display that can be viewed from any direction. Unlike many 3D displays, the new display does not require glasses to view the 3D images, and several people can view the display simultaneously from multiple angles.

The cylindrical display case is 27 cm tall with a base of 13 cm in diameter, and features a 96 by 128-pixel resolution that looks better than might be expected. The screen displays 3D objects including a cartoon character, car, globe, and people. Sony created these objects either in 3D on a computer or by taking photographs of them from various angles. The result is that the objects appear to have depth, and can be viewed from any angle on the horizontal plane by walking around the display screen.

www.physorg.com...

Being a gamer i can't wait to have this hit the gaming market if and when it does. I can also see this being used in 3d modeling for engineering and design. Really great tech

[edit on 22-10-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't see any links to the video

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
oopps lol sorry i got distracted the video and source link are up now sorry for the mistake

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I bet gamers are just itching to try this out. It would be cool.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That is awesome. I wholly believe that Asia is the future and America is the past.

Shoot, quite a number of wealthy people have moved there and I can understand why. Sony has a nice R&D department and I'm pretty impressed with the new technology coming out these days.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That's amazing... even with a low resolution like that it still looked pretty decent even over youtube. I can already imagine playing some games on a big one of those

Another application for this tech I can think of off the top of my head would be for medical analysis. Imagine 3d x-rays or MRIs that are viewable on a screen like that?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Welcome to the future. Movie theaters are kicking it to high gear to make more 3D movies as well. It'll be nice when anime goes to 3D!!!! XD

new topics

top topics

join