It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus Predicted WW3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
What the experts say Nostradamus predicted about the WTC attack
"In the year of the new century and nine months, from the sky will come a great king of terror. The sky will burn at 45 degrees... fire approaches the great new city... there will be thunder... The third big war will begin when the city is burning."

In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning

Read this!

www.breakthechain.org...

Very interesting guys.

[Edited on 21-2-2003 by barba007]

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi, could you fix the link please

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this has been widely known as a hoax for a while now.

HOAX

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this has been widely known as a hoax for a while now.

HOAX

Now the interesting question, explain why it is a hoax..

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
as far as my opinion goes this is the most acurate nostradamus prediction of 911 only because i read it 2-3 weeks before 911 happened, and the day after 911 i photocopyed the page from my book and took it in college and everybody was really freaked out by it because the book it was in is 28 years old, as far as i am conserned it could be a coinsedence and probably is, as i dont belive in fate.

(if need be i will scan the page it is from and post it here) a 1975 version of the profecies of nostradamus printed octorber 1975 translated and interpreted by erika cheetnam.

French

Ennosigee(1) feu du centre de terre.
Fera trembler au tour(*) de cite neufue:
Deux grands rochiers long temps feront la guerre,
Puis Arethuse(2) rougira nouveau flewe.

Literal English translation based on authers french translating ability

Earthshaking fire from the centre of the earth will cause tremors around the New City. Two great rocks will war for a long time, then Arethusa will redden a new river.

What the auther thinks it means

An explosion in the centre of the city of new york making the land tremble, or could tour(*) here mean towers or skyscrapers? The two great rocks are the immutable great powers who will eventually open war. Ingenious commentators interpret Arethusa as coming from Ares , God of War, and U.S.A. The new river is presumably blood.

1 Ennosigaeus--Greek = earth-shaking, a name giving to Neptune.
2 Arethusa = a Greek nymph who in one legend changed into a stream.

taken from century I quatrain 87.

i just thought after couple of weeks reading a prediction of an attack on new york and the auther saying towers/skyscrapers and then that happening to the twin towers very freaky coinsedence..

but i keep my mind open and try not to belive everything i read, if a couple more weird coinsedences like this happen i will start to get freaked out badly!

bare in mind this was printed in 1975 and i read this before 911 happened.

[Edited on 21-2-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
it says he signed the quartrain 1695 when he died on 1554. Also he dated every quartrain and this one was not.Text

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
that quatrain was made up by some guy to show how vague predictions will eventually be realized. The frightening thing is that his prediction did come true.

The passage was lifted intact from a Web page (since deleted from the hosting server due to overwhelming post-9/11 traffic) containing an essay written several years ago by college student Neil Marshall entitled "A Critical Analysis of Nostradamus." Marshall invented the quatrain to demonstrate — quite ironically, in light of its subsequent misuse — how a Nostradamus-like passage can be so cryptically composed as to lend itself to myriad interpretations.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Letter to King Henry
www.indepthinfo.com...

Reading these paragraphs, the ones just prior and in-between, relates a lot to the beginning of the 1900's....so I think anyway.

Paragraph 29(I believe he did foresee 9-11, just in a different light)

At the eve of another desolation, when she is atop her most high and sublime dignity, some potentates and warlords will confront her, and take away her two swords, and leave her only the insignia, whose curvature attracts them. The people will make him go to the right and will not wish to submit themselves to those of the opposite extreme with the hand in acute position, who touch the ground, and want to drive spurs into them.

Paragraph 33(We all know it's coming!)

Then will commence a persecution of the Churches the like of which was never seen. Meanwhile, such a plague will arise that more than two thirds of the world will be removed. One will be unable to ascertain the true owners of fields and houses, and weeds growing in the streets of cities will rise higher than the knees. For the clergy there will be but utter desolation. The warlords will usurp what is returned from the City of the Sun, from Malta and the Isles of HyÅres. The great chain of the port which wakes its name from the marine ox will be opened.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
WW III was supposed to start in 1999. It did not so Nostradamus is a hoax if he ever claimed he could predict the future.
'the king of terror' is not anywhere in the orginal text so the translators also write bull.

Question everything!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
WW III was supposed to start in 1999. It did not so Nostradamus is a hoax if he ever claimed he could predict the future.
'the king of terror' is not anywhere in the orginal text so the translators also write bull.

Question everything!

read everything. several people have already posted links to sites showing where those quatrains came from. Not Nostradamus.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The prophesy warning us of the WTC tragedy is found in Isaiah, in the canon:

Isaiah 30:25
And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

The meaning suffers in the translation from Hebrew...'rivers' and 'streams' are rivulets/flows. And the word for water can mean any of the following: water, juice, semen, piss, and/or 'a wasting.'

There was indeed 'a wasting' flowing down from those towers that day - given that 'slaughter' is also mentioned, it is better to understand the words in context - not water and hills but high places from which flows ruin and wasting.

It's hard to decipher, but basically the message following is saying that we had a test starting that day: get together in times of tragedy and heal or dig in our heels, increase our fear, and make things worse.

We have made things worse - we should not have put fences up and pointed fingers at one another. If it hadn't of been for some severe pre-planning by Christ and his we would all be dead by the time 2012 rolls around - fighting over lands and rocks and gods and things that none of us own.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here is something I have been toying with lately.
Nostradamus has been up for debate for many many years. Most scholers IMO really streched these quatrains to meet the goings on in the world today.
The one about 911 IMO is just that. A reach at best to tie it all together.

I like most on the prophesy forum are looking for answers and definitives but most just don't pan out.
This is why this particular quatrain struck me.

Mabus will soon die, then will come,
A horrible undoing (destruction) of people and animals,
At once one will see vengeance,
One-hundred powers, thirst, famine, when the comet will pass.

It's been speculated that Mabus after again toying around with the letters is Sadam. Some say it's Osama or Bush again it's reaching but for sake of argument let's say it's Sadam.

Ok Sadam has now died. And an unexpected Comet is in our path and lighting our skies every day. Comet McNaught.

Too coincidental?
We might just have a proven prophesy.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay

good lord, how many times must it be posted in this thread. Nostradamus did not write the quatrain that has been linked to 9/11,

some dude wrote it in the 90's as an example of how Nostradamus' vague prose could be interpreted in a variety of ways.

the kid wrote one quatrain and it wound up proving his theory. If anything, I'd say the kid has more of an ability to predict the future than nostradamus. The kid is batting 1000

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

good lord, how many times must it be posted in this thread. Nostradamus did not write the quatrain that has been linked to 9/11,

Fine who cares? The 911 piece wasn't my question nor my point.
Read the rest then offer an intelligent opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
as I said in my posts, nostradamus' "predictions" were mostly vague and open for various interpretations so, therefore, I wouldn't put much stock in them.

intelligent enough for you?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not so much no...it's because of the vagueness that it is open for interpretation and that was the question I was posing.
What was people's interpretation of Mabus.

If you thought before you spoke you would realize that we are on the same page here.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Ok Sadam has now died. And an unexpected Comet is in our path and lighting our skies every day. Comet McNaught.

Too coincidental?
We might just have a proven prophesy

Of that I am reasonably certain! We first had the blue star kachina (my name for it) comet back before christmas sometime (what was the name i forget!)
and then McNaught which had a more reddish orange tint.

And McNaught somehow caused a huge solar flare yesterday, i think. I wasn't able to find out more in detail because other things were pressing me....but it was definitely part of the oracle.

As far as Mabus being Sadam - I just can't reconcile that- although certainly there is a Mabus and Sadam's life-end is part of the grand lesson that Nostradamus covertly helps teach.

I think of Mabus as 'Simon Magus' - but i could be wrong although it is a gut instinct that tells me that and not my human reasoning which tells me (but no one has to agree with me!) that is probably correct. Only because i have no way to interfere with my gut instinct - i can listen to it or ignore it but i never change it.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
oops #2

[edit on 1/26/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
damnit

triple post

[edit on 1/26/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
oops