It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost 3 hours this morning...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
things have been very active here for the past couple weeks. I have mentioned most of it in the paranormal forums but I just don't know where this should go so I am putting it here. Something I have not mentioned is that I have been smelling cigarette smoke very strongly lately when none is present and no one else smells it.
Maybe I have a tumor.. maybe I have a spirit around me which would be associated with that smell.. my grandfather comes to mind, however what I am currently perplexed over is my loss of time this morning. I have had exceedingly bad insomnia recently with my husband out of town for several weeks on business and I gave in to an attempt at sleep at 4:30 AM this morning. I put my playlist on it was not set to be randomized or repeated. Each track was approx 4 min long. I started it and then went to bed. I was having a hard time sleeping. I kept waking and then trying again. finally out of frustration I get up admitting sleep wont come and look at the clock. It is 7:30.AM ... but my playlist has only on the 4th song near the start of it. So 3 hours are gone but only 15min of music have played max. WTF? I can't even begin to imagine how this is possible. It just makes no sense.

Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You are not alone at all.

I myself have been smelling the cig smoke a lot but not at all recently.

Infact i was close to making a thread about it but did not.

It will pass.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
How many songs are on your play list?

Maybe you played just over 4 hours worth of music and woke up when you were into the 4th song, for the second time?

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

30 and the list won't repeat as I said. when it hits the last track its done. Its a normal you tube playlist non randomized. straight play

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You have heard of alien abduction time loss?

Do not believe in it, just asking.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hey dear.

I'm thinking that perhaps it could've been something with the internet/youtube website closing for an update and re-opening itself, and the playlist starting over. I'm no expert on such things, but I know that my firefox does weird things every now and then =P

Have you thought about that?

Regards,
Elise

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Almeida

That is the only thing that makes sense. Perhaps. anyone know if they did maintenance last night? welll this morning! lol

[edit on 22-10-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
if it was a youtube play list, you're internet could have gone out for a couple hours while you were asleep. OR one song could have buffered for a long time because of something else. BUT aside from all that, time exists only as perceived.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Oddly enough, I couldn't watch any videos around 6am, but I don't know what time zone you're in.

4:41pm here right now.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I had something similar to this when I was around 13, I remember looking at my bedroom clock at midnight, then seeing a bright light through my bedroom window, then looking back at my clock it was 8 am.

So you are not alone,

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Do you understand the relationship between gravity and space-time? If you have an increase in gravity, objects within the anomaly don't appear to change and neither does the passage of time, since it is relativistic and our perceptions inside the anomaly are purely subjective. However, the view from outside the anomaly would show contraction or expansion in both space and time. So, is it possible we are going through a series of gravity anomalies in open space-time? If it were the case, maybe some people are more sensitive to the changes than others. I did some experiments a while back using classical emulations of quantum functions (eg monopoles) and found that when two identical signals are passed along internal (RF or wires) and external (monopoles behaving according to Bell's theorem) space-time devices, there is time loss or gain shown on the external devices clocks/counters. My only explanation is that the monopoles are acting as sort of a gravity interferometer. Maybe some people can do that naturally and sense the changes?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

central. that could be the answer then. by the way I love your clever name. lol

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

I understand and agree with that perfectly. I did an anomalous realities about time slowing down. its on atsm. Time is only as we perceive it to be. You tube downtime may well explain this one though. however usually it does not put me back where I was when they are done.
Still unsure but this is not the only time something similar has happened lately.
Some of the ideas presented are brilliant and brain numbing at the same time.
I think I took more notice because of the unusual jump in activity here lately.
but would really like to be able to chock this up to Youtube downtime.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have spirits mess with me all the time. Before jumping to the conclusion that you had a time slip or abduction, the most logical conclusion is that a spirit is trying to get your attention. If your smelling the smoke, that is most deff a spirit trying to get your attention. Try to ask it to be more direct.... Use an audio recorder to try and get an evp.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Ya I have been considering this. I don't like communicating with them. But it might be time to try.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Something similar happened to me a few days ago, It was 8:41am and I had just woke up.. I was going to lay in bed until 9:00am. Well I started thinking about something and suddenly mid thought my mind went blank for no apparent reason, my mind was clear like I had been meditating. I looked at the clock and it was 9:12am. I don't think I fell asleep...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yes, youtube was down for maintenance about that time.I too could not sleep and was browsing the net.

I couldn't get into my playlist.

Iwould be more concerned about why we couldn't get to sleep.

Anyone else suffering from insomnia?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Where as I generally agree thats it not a good idea to play around with spirits via EVP by opening it up to just anyone, because you have a specific entity, especially because your intuition tells you it might be your grandfather, that I can assure you-- if anything it can help you get to the bottom of all of this.

Spirits at my home tend to vibrate the bed, sit on the bed, mess with my alarm clock-- and sometimes I even smell them- smoke, perfume, or BO-- but simply what it is is a human spirit trying to get your attention.

U2U me if i can be of further assistance!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

I love it when logical explanations actually do explain things.

While it's impossible to rule out everything else there may be, I think it's a pretty plausible and probable explanation.

As for insomnia: well, yes, I have it - but in my case that would be like stating that water is wet.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

well its nice to be able to put a solid answer to it. As for the rest.. well thats why this was posted seperately I was hoping that it would fit some other category than paranormal or otherwise. Glad my intuition was right on that.

I just felt it was unrelated to the other activity.. which is why I chose this forum. TY so much for confirming the downtime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join