It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran the original target in the Mid-East?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I took a look at a map of the mid east and Iran and started thinking about Iran being blockaded. Im sure other people have thought of this also so im not the first one.

Iraq is to the west, Afghanistan to the East, and the Persian Gulf to the south. All of those places are occupied by active duty US military. There are also other places such as Saudi Arabia that have US military presence in them also. There wasnt much heavy resistance in either Afghanistan or Iraq, although theres still fighting in both places, but there really isnt any conventional war there. Those 2 countries were pretty easy to get a foothold in without mass loss.

Pakistan wont be attacking the US anytime soon so the US dosent really have to worry about them. They are tangled up with the Taliban on the border of their country.

Azerbajian and Turkmenistan to the north of Iran are former Soviet Union territories and military action in those countries could upset Russia. Plus those countries are not really advanced and really wouldnt have too much strategic value.

Blockading Iran would de-stabilize is from the inside. It is much less costly than a full military invasion. At the moment, Iran does seem to be de-stabilizing with all the election riots and stuff a few months ago.

There's alot of resources and money to be made in the area. This is how I see the middle east at the moment.

Plus a map.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What are the chances of a NATO vs Israel skirmish? Perhaps the future holds a destabilised Israel as the international community isolates itself from them. As they become more isolated their paranoia will increase and parhaps they will become even more aggressive in protecting itself, and we all know the likely end result of that.

Or maybe Iran is the target.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To me, it is obvious Iran is the target.
But I think it is a mean, not a goal. The main fight is for central Asia. It is from there that China's oil will be transitting. If Iran falls, both Russia and China will have to watch their back.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Pakistan wont be attacking the US anytime soon so the US dosent really have to worry about them. They are tangled up with the Taliban on the border of their country.

The "Taliban" is a bull# title created by the US. The US is creating a 'ghost' adversary - they are calling anyone they want a terrorist over there.

Pakistan is nuclear armed. The US are creating a spreading internal war into Pakistan - it appears they want to create a civil war - destabilize the current govt -so they can install their own and seize Pakistan's nukes.

Thats my take (and many others).

Azerbajian and Turkmenistan to the north of Iran are former Soviet Union territories and military action in those countries could upset Russia. Plus those countries are not really advanced and really wouldn't have too much strategic value.

Georgia controls the Caspian pipeline - of intense strategic importance in the region.

Blockading Iran would de-stabilize is from the inside. It is much less costly than a full military invasion. At the moment, Iran does seem to be de-stabilizing with all the election riots and stuff a few months ago.

There's a lot of resources and money to be made in the area. This is how I see the middle east at the moment.

The CIA, Mossad, MI5/6 are all active in Iran - the western media will portray the area as if the locals are fighting against their government - that is BS.

Of course there are elements that aren't happy - every country has them - but the intelligence agencies are paying people - and inciting violence and rebellion.

Of course - Iran is the jewel in the crown of the Arab states - it is the most politically powerful - advanced and wealthy.

The neo-con warmongers want to bring it down - they are risking nuclear war with Russia to make it happen.

This is purely the NWO agenda - they need the US dollar to survive as long as possible - failing that (and it is failing) they want to directly control as much oil as possible).

Do not be confused - Iran is innocent - the NWO simply want to crush it to disrupt Arab power in the middle east - and to control its oil.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I do belive Iran is innocent and dosent want anything to do with us but the US just dosent care and wants more and more cash and power. Once we have complete control over Afghanistan, China will be under more pressure due to lack of oil and resources from the region.

I dont think we will go with an all out war with the northen territories like Turkmenistan and other but will be fought with "rebel" label factions and proxy wars. Kind of like Metal Gear Solid 4 armies were kind of. With control over the area and its resources, we have the ability to strike and hold for ransom almost any major nation like Russia/China in the region and have pretty fast support due to military bases being built up. Its a long process and not a full head on war with the major powers but a slow and economic downfall of those nations.

top topics

join