It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Few questions about my experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, hello people. This is my first thread on ATS, I hope I'm putting it in the right section. I had a couple of questions that needed answers, and I prefer puting them all in the same thread. If one question appears to be more important (or allows us deeper debate), I'll make a specific and less personnal thread about it.
Here are the questions :
-> When I was young, I used to hear like voices. These were actually whispers, like many voices speaking to each other, in a tongue I could not identify. At the time, I was having a strong alien phobia (started the day I saw the movie Roswell, I was like 4 years old), and I used to believe these were short greys commenting on what I was doing. With time, it stopped. When I think about it, I either think I was hearing voices coming from other entities, or just my hears bugging. Any one of you can help me about it ?
-> I used to remember less than I dream per month, until I started focusing on them. I now remember almost all of them. Here are two dreams I had lately that caught my attention :
-> It was a weird dream, because I just wasn't myself. I mean, I was somebody else, totally unrelated to me it seems. It was just like I could remember my life, what I looked like and all this stuff, but it wasn't my life. I seemingly was a russian scientist (not joking :lol
, based on mars with another scientist (a female one). We were alone, maybe accompanied with robots (they reminded me of the cybermen from Doctor Who), but I'm not sure about it. We were based near a lake of fresh water. At the bottom of the lake was a special material needed to make some new weapon. We took the water away from the lake, and in the bottom was some sort of animal, which was about my size, and looked like a squid. I got angry because the animal needed the water, and replenished the lake, while the other scientist was telling me that they will have me executed, but I didn't matter about it. Then, end of the dream, and I was myself back again, dreaming I was playing video games with a friend. The weirdest thing still was that I never had any dream in which I was a different person, and I know nobody who had this king of experience !
-> One night, before sleeping, I meditated and asked my spiritual guide to make himself seen. The same night, I had a dream. There was someone in front of me. We were in some random room. He was talking to me about my future goals, telling me how "cool" were the things I was planning to do (I write novels, and also expect to be a game designer). I don't remember who it was. The first name which came to my mind was Tolkien, even if he really didn't look like him. Maybe I was biased by the fact that this man is my idol, both from an artistic and a personnal point of view. In my dream, it was a quite fat man, with black hairs and a small beard. I also had another idea while making this thread : maybe it was the future myself coming and telling me to believe in my future ?
-> Another question, getting back to my old friends the ETs. A few nights ago, while meditating, I happened to be thinking about contacting them telepathically. I started sending "flares" to the sky, to see if I could get any answer. And then, I "saw" a Short Grey face, looking at me. I felt they would come, so I started being affraid. So I made some sort of "protective shield" around me, expanding it to the whole room. Then I opened my eyes, and everything was back to normal.
-> Last question, about reincarnation this time. How do I know "how old' my soul is ? I lately developped the idea that I was "an old soul", certainly living my last life on Earth before ascending to higher planes. This idea comes from the fact that I feel like tired of living, and allways felt so. I'm only hanging to what I believe to be my destiny. I also think I have a stronger "energy" than many people, yet not being an exceptional one. Let's say just above the middle

Thanks for your time. If it needs to be deplaced, I'm sorry.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
the image of tolkein , since it was in a dream, represents to me a part of your own subconscious mind. it was a part of yourself and it took on the form of someone whom you admire and respect in the waking world.
as far as hearing voices well, i have to say that hearing voices is not on a list of good things to have happen. it can result from trauma. also to some extent i believe there is an unseen world and that people are sort of like antennae. the metaphor is commonly used here on the ATS. people might pick up things in what is called the auditory internal and it could be just a sensitivity and unrelated whatsoever to trauma.
as far as reincarnation goes i onced used to believe it . i don't now. and there's nobody who can tell you what to believe about it. i think it is a concept that somehow developed/morphed within our conscious minds to explain the fact that we are all connected in the collective unconscious and can, at times, have other peoples' experiences. in other words some of us have other peoples' experiences because humanity is all connected in the collective. i'm now getting into the stuff that should wait to have it's own thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I only have a couple of relevant comments, but I was interested in all of your material, thanks for posting.
Number one, hearing voices is not good, in general. Leaving aside all of the lower level mental health objections, ultimately, there is the point that you don't really want to be told anything, nor repeat anything...what is the better thing to want is that you yourself are the one who is effortlessly speaking things that are correct...you want to be the noun (or the verb), not the object. I would say that it is good that you don't hear voices any more.
Number two, writing down dreams every day when you wake up (as much as possible...one does fail at times in real life) is for sure a great practice...it's free, it's there for you every day, compliance with the intention to do so develops your will (and also helps with you taking control in your dreams, so that you'll see, do and be more and better neat things in them), and it is also excellent for developing your skills as a writer (because you don't procrastinate or else it gets worse, you have to write it down quickly and so you get a lot of "first thought, best thought", you learn to recognize and exploit vague impressions as inspirations, etc.)...assuming you want to be a writer, that is. Other people are generally disinterested in hearing about one's dreams, but the dream scenarios seem to have a subterranean power such that if you can figure out how to cast the dream scenario into a plausible story, people will admire the story...funny thing huh.
And I did wonder about your mention of casting flares up mentally, like to draw UFOs, kind of thing? I am interested, if you want to describe more how you do it, i.e. the steps involved in the process you are using, if you were telling someone how to do it like baking a cake...would be nice of you.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

-> When I was young, I used to hear like voices. These were actually whispers, like many voices speaking to each other, in a tongue I could not identify. At the time, I was having a strong alien phobia (started the day I saw the movie Roswell, I was like 4 years old), and I used to believe these were short greys commenting on what I was doing. With time, it stopped. When I think about it, I either think I was hearing voices coming from other entities, or just my hears bugging. Any one of you can help me about it ?

Simple answer here, you were four years old. This happens to my son every time he watches something that spooks him a little bit and he's eight. Even my eleven year old daughter get's spooked and can't go to the bathroom on her own at night. Considering the age bracket you were in, I'd say one-hundred percent normal, don't worry about it.

-> I used to remember less than I dream per month, until I started focusing on them. I now remember almost all of them. Here are two dreams I had lately that caught my attention :

I'm currently having trouble remembering my dreams as well, right now I'm reading a book with a few ideas on how I can recall my dreams better. I'd say it's normal, some people, like my wife, can remember them in great detail and some people just can't remember them at all.

-> It was a weird dream, because I just wasn't myself. I mean, I was somebody else, totally unrelated to me it seems. It was just like I could remember my life, what I looked like and all this stuff, but it wasn't my life. I seemingly was a russian scientist (not joking :lol, based on mars with another scientist (a female one). We were alone, maybe accompanied with robots (they reminded me of the cybermen from Doctor Who), but I'm not sure about it. We were based near a lake of fresh water. At the bottom of the lake was a special material needed to make some new weapon. We took the water away from the lake, and in the bottom was some sort of animal, which was about my size, and looked like a squid. I got angry because the animal needed the water, and replenished the lake, while the other scientist was telling me that they will have me executed, but I didn't matter about it. Then, end of the dream, and I was myself back again, dreaming I was playing video games with a friend. The weirdest thing still was that I never had any dream in which I was a different person, and I know nobody who had this king of experience !

I remember a dream where I was an alien on another planet. Our village had snow capped mountains in the background with pure white round domes surrounding a large lake with dirt paths connecting them all and around the lake. It doesn't mean anything, I wasn't an actual alien on another planet, it was just a dream.

-> One night, before sleeping, I meditated and asked my spiritual guide to make himself seen. The same night, I had a dream. There was someone in front of me. We were in some random room. He was talking to me about my future goals, telling me how "cool" were the things I was planning to do (I write novels, and also expect to be a game designer). I don't remember who it was. The first name which came to my mind was Tolkien, even if he really didn't look like him. Maybe I was biased by the fact that this man is my idol, both from an artistic and a personnal point of view. In my dream, it was a quite fat man, with black hairs and a small beard. I also had another idea while making this thread : maybe it was the future myself coming and telling me to believe in my future ?

In the book I am reading they have this thing called 'guided dreams', basically you silently say what you want to dream and sometimes you end up dreaming just that. That sounds a lot like what you just described, you asked for a specific thing and got it in your dream.

-> Another question, getting back to my old friends the ETs. A few nights ago, while meditating, I happened to be thinking about contacting them telepathically. I started sending "flares" to the sky, to see if I could get any answer. And then, I "saw" a Short Grey face, looking at me. I felt they would come, so I started being affraid. So I made some sort of "protective shield" around me, expanding it to the whole room. Then I opened my eyes, and everything was back to normal.

I meditate myself sometimes, but from my point of perspective that kind of new age stuff doesn't happen during meditation or at least I have never personally experienced it nor do I purposefully meditate on it in hopes that it might 'feel like' I experienced it.

-> Last question, about reincarnation this time. How do I know "how old' my soul is ? I lately developped the idea that I was "an old soul", certainly living my last life on Earth before ascending to higher planes. This idea comes from the fact that I feel like tired of living, and allways felt so. I'm only hanging to what I believe to be my destiny. I also think I have a stronger "energy" than many people, yet not being an exceptional one. Let's say just above the middle

I personally do not believe in a soul or reincarnation, I have not seen valid enough evidence for either case. Nor does a soul follow any logical line of thinking with most claims of the soul being likened to some 'mysterious force of energy', and this usually by people who try and equate energy as some intrinsic physical separate 'thing' from matter while not understanding that it is an inherent property of matter and wouldn't exist without matter. Meaning, a soul would be composed of matter and thus testable for and observable and since it has not been observed nor any testing has shown it to exist, then the reasoning goes, it does not exist. We can further look at where the concept of a soul came from, way back in primitive times where people thought a God(s) made it rain when they danced. It further goes to reason that if most primitive concepts of spirituality have been proven false and no proof of a soul exists, then it is doubly assured that there is no soul.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, thanks for your answers everyone !
So, that Tolkien but not really him dream was just my subconcious mind guiding me ?
Also, what freaked me out about the russian scientist dream was the fact that I wasn't really myself, but since it happened to you too sirnex, I feel better now (seems these are scarce yet not anormal dreams).
It's true that writing your dreams really helps. Progress have come very quickly for me (less than a week). I can't have any lucid dreams yet, but I hope they'll come soon. The funny part is still reading your dreams a few days after. When you write them, they seem normal to you, and then, when you're really awake, your just go wtf (like the time I dreamt I was selling fake drug to old people, and I ended up being batman while Alfred was making some sushis to me:lol

Anyway, nine-eyed-eel, sending "flares" to me is, when you're focused enough, you start sending "ideas" towards the sky. It's like saying : "hello, I'm there, please look at me." But it only "worked" the time I freaked out, I'll try it again someday, to see if it wasn't my imagination making fun of me. Just mentally call for them. There is more information about it on a thread posted a while ago : www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'm not sure if he is to be trusted, but well, it costs nothing to try what he says. I'm gonna try it some few more times before getting real conclusions about what really happened.

Sirnex, I perfectly understand how your daughter feels. I too couldn't go to the bathroom without someone wainting at the door. I know my phobia came from the roswell movie, but the voice hearing stuff was weider.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

My daughter doesn't mention voices or anything anymore, but my son does sometimes after a scary movie and usually they say something pretty darn close to what he heard from a scary movie that night. As for that other thread, I wouldn't follow what he says as true at all.

"Making Contact With Loving Extraterrestial Energies"

This is highly improbable if not impossible entirely. Energy itself is an inherent property of matter and nothing is capable of traveling faster than the speed of light. So as far as science understands right now, the probability of some form of matter being able to emanate from your head undetected by science is very very very small. For one, you don't posses any organ that would be capable of generating and sending any form of matter at faster than the speed of light and secondly you don't posses any sensory organ capable of receiving faster than light signals from some loving extraterrestrial energies.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Well, let's say that the question of contact is up to our personnal beliefs
I don't think he contacts them on their planet (if he actually contacts them, as I said, I still have to check it out by myself), but it's more like alien entities that are wandering around on the astral plane. But it's my personnal theory, and I understand that you may not agree with it. If we all had the same beliefs, the world would be really boring !

To get back on the voices, the weird part is that they were not scary actually. I finally got used to them. They lasted for years before eventually disappearing, but I don't think they were linked to the fact that I was affraid of ETs. It was more like :well, I'm hearing voices, where do they come from ? Maybe the ETs. Yes, let's say its their voices !
Also, I just remembered it since it happened again this morning. My ears happen to whistle for no apparent reason from time to time. It seems to happen only when I'm in a noisy place with lots of people, but I'm not that sure. It started quite recently. Most of the time it's nothing more than an annoying nose, even if once or twice it happened to be quite painful. They say it means somebody is talking about you, but I'm not a firm believer of this kind of supersitions !
Anyway, maybe the two elements are linked ? Like some sort of gentle anomaly in my ears causing me to hear noises that don't actually exist ?

top topics

join