It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winchester Councillor Adrian Hicks wants disclosure, any more info on him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I just heard of this guy and I found some info. I would be interested to see any other info that's out there.

Councillor Adrian Hicks, a city councillor for Winchester in Hampshire, England has now made an OFFICIAL stand on the issue of UFOs and Extraterrestrials in and around his city and beyond. Tonight a second video was leaked to me as was his new website just posted. Councillor Hicks feels strongly about the UFO issue and the fact that a UFO base is located near his city and that the public are not being given what the government knows about the issue.

Councillor Hicks, member of Winchester city council in Hampshire,England, recently went on public record as having witnessed an alien humanoid in a busy shopping centre in Winchester five years ago. Hicks is appealing to authorities in the United States and the United Kingdom to release what they know about UFOs. His actions have prompted the following report related to events in this special and unique area of southern England.

www.--.com...

Here's his Winchester Councillor page
www.winchester.gov.uk...

Here's a video of him on Dailymotion
www.dailymotion.com...

Any other info?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just another piece of the puzzle, thanks for sharing. I'll see if I can dig up anything.

Edit: This quote struck me as weird, If you saw something as extraordinary and significant as this why WOULDN'T you say something???

“I was very confused and shocked. I was going to say ‘excuse me, you’re not from around here?’ but I thought it best to leave her alone.

And maybe we could pull up some more research on this. . .

Mr Hicks has a theory that the extra-terrestrial is linked to covert US and British military at Chilcomb and the pyramid at Intech which may be some kind of signpost.

Also:

Urging others who witnessed the spectacle to come forward, including a woman whom he is certain took pictures

Source

[edit on 22-10-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Comments like this left on the daily echo piss me off:

www.dailyecho.co.uk...

I hope Andrew Napier gets the boot for reporting on this rubbish!!!!

Although I'm sceptical of this story, I feel that aliens could walk amongst us and most people wouldn't care to even notice them, and those who take photos would sit at home laughing at the photo, rather than understanding the significance of what just happened!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
An alien base near his city? I'm a couple of miles out of Winchester and am intrigued...

Have only seen one un-explained in a couple of years but now I am going to spend a bit more time looking.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is what I could find relating to Chilcomb near Winchester:

Joyce Bowles, an employee of the Winchester Railway Station, was driving with her neighbour Ted Pratt to the nearby village of Chilcomb on a Sunday night in November 1976 to fetch her son Stephen. Suddenly, her car shook violently and careened onto the grass by the roadside. The headlights went out and the engine stopped. She and her passenger looked out window, and both so a cigar-shaped craft of glowing orange hovering above the road. Through its windows, they could see three heads lined up like passengers in a bus. Presently, one of the figures emerged from the craft and approached the car.He had piercing pink eyes without pupils or irises and was dressed in silver jumpsuit. “He peered through the window at the dashboard controls,” Joyce Bowles recalled. At that, the engine flared into life and the headlights went back on. “Then he and the cigar simply vanished,” she said. Some ley fanciers maintain that the line hum with special terrestrial energies that attract unidentified aliens from space. Whatever the case to alignments of ancient burial mounds that begin at old Winchester Hill do indeed converge on Chilcomb Road, near the spot where Joyce Bowles and Ted Pratt said they experienced their peculiar encounter.

An Encounter on the Road to Chilcomb

And this seems to be the Pyramid the article's refering to at the INTECH Science Centre

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well I go-to InTech a fair amount and can say it is nothing strange.

Will be going to look a little more into Chilcomb though - interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here is an artist's representation of the supposed alien witnessed by this man:

And here is an important news article titled Chilbolton History and Crop Formations regarding crop circle history in the area:

The early history of Chilbolton and its environs is by no means peaceful; the Romans, under General Vespasian (9-79 AD) entered Winchester, changing its name to Caer Gwent. Indeed over the years Winchester was known by several names and it was not until later that it bore the name by which we now know it. Around 514 the area around Southampton and Winchester came under Saxon rule. In 608 a large area around Winchester, including Chilbolton was given the name of The Hundred Hides of Chilcomb.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Interesting, I checked out the In-tech website and I found this tid-bit of information which I find deserves more investigation:

What is ‘STEMPOINT’?

INTECH is the STEMPOINT contract holder for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight,. This means that we are able to give you free advice about the STEM enhancement and enrichment schemes with which you can become involved. We are able to inform you about both local and national activities and help you to identify which opportunities can best inspire your students in the STEM subjects. Finally we are also able to provide a matchmaking service between schools and STEM ambassadors (volunteers who are either working in a STEM industry or have recently retired and wish to inspire students in their subject). The STEMPOINT contract is awarded by STEMNET.

Why is STEM important?

In recent years the UK has seen an unprecedented rise in the interest of Government, industry and others in the successful uptake of STEM subjects in schools and colleges. This is driven by the need to improve understanding of STEM-related topics in the general public, and to raise the skills and aspirations of learners towards a lifetime of contribution to the scientific and technological base of the country.

STEMPOINT HOMEPAGE

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hmm, I always search Google News for the 'UFO' keyword daily to see what's new and noticed this one, I didn't think much of it at the time but this thread sparked my interest a bit more.

Anyway, Google Earth was my first stop (well the only one really apart from following the links in this thread and a couple that led on from them) and it does look a little odd.

If you type in Chilcomb and go there you see it's a very very small village, there can't be anything more than 10 houses there amongst a few other buildings, what's interesting though is if you type in Army then to the left of the village in the middle of nowhere you get a building listed as simply Army?

The Google link offers little explanation and also lists it simply as 'Army' see: maps.google.co.uk...,-1.284&sspn=0.0578244,0.142758&ie=UTF8&v=2.2&cv=5.0.11733.9347&hl=en&latlng=5450607228094477966&ei=UO fgSoq3A9-2jAfM18GFCg&cd=1

It might be something or it might be nothing but just putting it out there for anyone that's currently looking at this one, I always find with underground bases that there is always something that appears from an aerial view as a sewerage plant /poss ventilation system which this has, a little google search doesn't turn up much but apparently they are army suppliers of equipment yet they have hardly any phsycal buildings but apparently a lot of land?

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, I've been out of the conspiracy web scene for a while but my interest soon returned when I first hand saw a UFO recently (along with a few other people I was with at the time) and promptly got a new telescope from ebay and got back into the all day surfing and researching again, look forward to getting back involved on ATS again.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

He said: “I was near The Works bookshop when I saw this strange woman, a humanoid walking with a penguin-like gait. She had very large prominent eyes and was twirling her hands in a circular motion. “She seemed friendly and totally at ease with us. She wasn’t scared, she was smiling, and seemed to be enjoying herself among us. She walked very slowly up the High Street. I remember she was very interested in the clock over Lloyds Bank. She was taking it all in.“She was human enough to get away with it. Everybody’s heads were turning.”

I suppose the good Councilor has never been in New York City or San Francisco or Hollywood.

That is an every day occurrence in those places.

gl2

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Councillor Hicks may have seen something, who's to say? It's possible. For most Brits, his story will sound like what he imagined he saw beneath a lamp post while holding himself from falling at closing time. But let's assume, for the sake of the argument, that he actually saw what he says.

WHAT kind of alien would put that in front of him? It would look like a setup intended to discredit whoever reported it: a ballerina-dressed alien female with big eyes who walked like a penguin. If I saw such a thing, I'd think twice about reporting it because whoever it is--or would be--would obviously be trying to put a strange thing in front of me. Aliens don't normally either dress or behave that way, so it's the kind of story I wouldn't even report, thinking no one would believe it, to begin with.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I've got to admit his account of the female alien in a busy shopping centre does sound a bit silly and open for ridicule but this guys got me interested, his constituency is an interesting area and he is making a little bit of noise, I bet they black balled him at the local council meeting for the Mason's so now he's on a mission

Speech by Councilor Adrian Hicks Re extraterrestrials (YouTube Video)

Councilor Adrian Hicks demands to hear truth over extraterrestrials 1/3
www.youtube.com...

Councilor Adrian Hicks demands to hear truth over extraterrestrials 2/3
www.youtube.com...

Councilor Adrian Hicks demands to hear truth over extraterrestrials 3/3
www.youtube.com...

Nice seeing the Lib Dem's banner under him as he speaks, sure he's doing it independent, but the symbolism represents an official councilor speaking from one of our main three political parties

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Councillor hicks - Adrian Hicks Judgement Democracy Speech LEAKED 3/3

This is a very good push, its nice to see political people join in as well.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion
Well I go-to InTech a fair amount and can say it is nothing strange.

Hi there - I wouldn't be so sure. Strange stuff has been going on in Winchester for a very long time. (Michael Baigent has been spotted smiling knowingly at the intertwined 5-pointed and 6-pointed stars on that masonic brickwork on the wall by W H Smith's, just to set the scene!
).

Intech is run by Hampshire Technology Centre Trust Ltd, which is registered charity no. 294582. One of the HTCT trustees is David Seall, former Head of Design & Technology at Hamble Group, now GE Aviation Systems. That's "GE" as in "General Electric". Seall is a figure in British weapons production, in particular its aerospace subsector. (Drum roll)

Some local councillors are undoubtedly nutty twits and although Adrian Hicks's domain name (councillorhicks.com) and poorly-digested Majestic references don't exactly do him any favours, I suspect he may know more interesting local stuff than he's letting on (or perhaps, more than he's able to piece together), and that he may not totally have David Icke'd out. Does anyone know what's happened to his website?

Intech's patron is the Earl of Selborne (wink).

henryz (who saw glowing spheres above St Catherine's Hill many years ago, and no they weren't the moon, Venus, conventional aircraft, or soldiers practising with their rifles on the Chilcomb range)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the links. Quite an interesting story.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
All eyes on Intech please.

This year they launched the "Astrium" planetarium:

www.visitwinchester.co.uk...

It's called "Astrium" because it's sponsored by the company of the same name, namely Europe's biggest space technology firm. This firm sponsors the planetarium and "works closely" with Intech to "inspire young people about space".

www.astrium.eads.net...

Take a look at that front page

The Intech-Astrium link is all the more interesting given that the science propaganda types were presenting themselves as miffed that Intech provided the venue for a creationist talk:

www.bcseweb.org.uk...

...given by Philip Bell of Answers in Genesis, who according to the British Centre for Science Education holds "wacky opinions" on UFOs:

www.bcseweb.org.uk...

Astrium are building space base facilities in Kazakhstan. If I had the time, there's a hell of a lot I could say about that country under its Eurasianist dictator Sultan Nazarbayev and the remarkable construction work that has been undertaken in the new capital Astana. (And I mean *remarkable* - nothing built recently anywhere in the world comes close). If anyone hasn't heard of that city, just do a websearch - you won't be disappointed. I certainly wasn't when I was there this July.

Astrium in Kazakhstan: /28l4p72

Anyone know whether Adrian Hicks has any religious affiliations?

Another thing: who owns the freehold of the land that Intech is on? I'd ask the same question about the Chilcomb firing range too. Not that evil organisation Winchester College by any chance, is it? They do own St Catherine's Hill and a lot of other land in southeast Winchester.

henryz
edit on 2-11-2010 by henryz because: link prob

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

If you have a search round the site. Either I or Maybe Maybe Not posted an old documentary that had an interview with the woman and her partner about her sightings. I will see if i can find it again. In g fact here you go... great little documentary this one well worth watching it all.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Looks very interesting. The sound's playing up on my laptop; I'll watch it tomorrow.

The Astrium Kazakh link didn't come out right. It should be:

www.astrium.eads.net...

My own sighting was in 1979 or 1980 - several large orange balls descending slowly and apparently vertically above St Catherine's Hill or perhaps slightly to the south and east of it (I was viewing from the west), but they didn't seem as far behind it as the Chilcomb range. This was when the A272 still ran between the hill and the water meadows.

henryz

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by henryz

The Winchester area was a real hotbed of UFO sightings for a good few years. Sort of went hand in hand with what was going on up at Warminster. it would be worth your while asking around amongst the people who wre in the area in the 60s and 70s about what went on. You never know your luck, given the time passed there might be someone who has information they kept to themselves back then.

top topics

join