McCain introduces bill to block FCC's net neutrality rules

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

McCain introduces bill to block FCC's net neutrality rules

www.macworld.com

McCain on Thursday introduced the Internet Freedom Act, which would keep the FCC from enacting rules prohibiting broadband providers from selectively blocking or slowing Internet content and applications. Net neutrality rules would create “onerous federal regulation,” McCain said in a written statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It was bound to happen and it's probably the best thing that could happen. The Net Neutrality rules were so convoluted that they need to be further looked into......

McCain who's been pretty silent of late seems to be getting back into the game in pretty good fashion...

Wha does anyone else think of Net Neutrality????

www.macworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I hope McCain can keep this going, but the Democrats will probably crush this.

I'd also like to know just what is in this bill.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think it's wrong and silly to try to sensor the Internet. I think it's misleading to as the best form of control ultimately is a free internet that everyone voluntarily attaches them selves grid like too.

Ultimately the governments and coporations can spy on us, that's fine as one of the best ways to keep people honest is to let them honestly communicate and be revealing about their own intentions.

I love the internet I make a portion of my income and living off the internet and computers and have from almost the moment the old DOS based systems starting popping up.

The truth is though that the planet survived well for thousands of years without the internet and as convenient as the internet is for those of us who use it for work and entertainment and education by far and away its the most powerful tool ever invented in creating a control grid.

In a way the Internet has become the world's collective concsious and is doing through a science that we can all agree is real what spiritually and metaphysically many people feel is impossible.

Me I am not sure it is science, email and instant messages sure do travel fast!

We all seem to love it and think it's real and when the powers that be pretend it might be a threat to their power I think they are using reverse psychology and are being disengenous.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Having been online now for just over twenty years I am highly surprised that any politician, let alone McCain would introduce a bill and stand up to the F.C.C.

If it passes this could neuter the F.C.C. as far as Freedom of Speech goes.

Just another Government entity that has way too much power if you ask me.

Let's hope it get pushed through and passed and as well no one sticks a poison pill in to kill it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
calling Net Neutrality Net Neutrality makes no sense to me
it's like callling the patriot act the patriot act
they should call it the Net Bias Rule

they have no right to do anything

that's like saying if I buy buy a specific dish at a restaurant I should be served extremely slowly.

Get Out of business GOVT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO AWAY

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Once they begin their manipulation, equalizing, politically correcting, censoring, etc. my fracking internet. This is when I join my one man militia group.

Oh wait, I have already accused them of censoring. Well everyone knows what that means.

Time to begin.

Keep their grubby hands off our fracking last bastion of free speech and news.

Go get em McCain. Be a hero one more time!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just another case showing McCain truly has the American peoples interest at heart... mostly. Id say hes on of the cleaner politicians around. Hope this gets pushed through.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

really?
that's all it takes?
one bill and all the tides change direction?

It's a good bill, sure

but no he doesn't have your interest at heart.

come on ppl!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by AndrewTB

really?
that's all it takes?
one bill and all the tides change direction?

It's a good bill, sure

but no he doesn't have your interest at heart.

come on ppl!

Actually, if there wasn't so much dis-info out there you'd realize this is actually the norm for McCain. Spanning his entire career he has always sided with the constitution. Of course, im sure if you look hard enough you can dig something up. Don't see why people are so hard set on saying the guy is the typical crooked politician. He may have his gripes, but hes far from average in a good way.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

McCain on Thursday introduced the Internet Freedom Act, which would keep the FCC from enacting rules prohibiting broadband providers from selectively blocking or slowing Internet content and applications. Net neutrality rules would create “onerous federal regulation,” McCain said in a written statement.

McCain's so-called "Internet Freedom Act" would allow your broadband provider to block or slow your internet content and applications as they like. For example, your provider could block your access to ATS or make it very difficult if they felt like it.

Right now net neutrality prevents that.

McCain's "Freedom" only applies to broadband providers, not to consumers.

I know nobody on here likes anything federal, but if you don't want to go back to the 90's--when, for example, you had to have something like AOL and AOL was selective about where they would let you go on the internet--then we need to continue to have net neutrality.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Yes exactly, this is one of those issues that confuses people. They don't understand what is going on, so they pick sides based on names only. Most people don't like the FCC so they will side with McCain... even if they don't understand.. it makes me sick.

I was happy when I found out the FCC made rules to not allow ISP's to charge you money for every webpage you go to. The ISP's want to charge you like your television provider does, channel by channel. If you want HBO you pay extra.... if you want ATS, you pay extra. The FCC made rules to not allow that, and McCain is trying to block those rules.

Just so it is clear, McCain doesn't want a "free internet". He wants ISP's to be "free to do what they want with the internet", that includes blocking websites like ATS and making us pay if we want to view it.

The FCC wants the internet to be "neutral" meaning, KEEP IT HOW IT IS NOW. McCain doesn't want that, McCain want's ISP companies to be able to do what they want with the internet.

I hope McCain fails.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I can't believe John (Pro Gang Rape) McCain is for this bill.

Actually can anyone find this? I can't find this on Thomas.gov. I would be supportive of this if I could actually read the legislation. Anyone have a number to this legislation? Something. Cause I just searched the library of Congress website and didn't see any such bill. Of course it could be hidden under the tons of bills he has introduced labeled "Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text"

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm astounded people are supporting this. I will laugh when they try to go to ATS and are directed to an ISP package page. They'll only have to pay their ISP $19.95 a month for the conspiracy package. For an additional $10 you can get the search bundle which contains Google, Bing and Yahoo with 100 searches per month then 10c per search thereafter.

WAKE THE FRAK UP PPL!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

A lot of bills like this especially regarding communications get stuck in other bills and piggy back on it.

For instance the mandatory digital cable act was actually just one little part of a huge bill to reduce and balance the budget called the Ballanced Budget and Reduction Act.

Don't ask me how mandatory digital cable reduced or balanced the budget but that's how Senators and Congress People work. I will vote for your controversial pork if you vote for mine. How can I trust you to do that. Hey here's an idea lets put your pork bill, and my pork bill together in Senator C's pork bill and that way we all won't have any choice but to vote for each other's pork!

Great idea!

The important thing to remember here in the Corporate States of America is they pass what ever the corporation wants whether you request it or not.

However on Thomas select "Advance Search" select "Senate Only" "Select Current Congress Only" and then select has "All or some of these words" and type in a few key words like Sponsor McCain or you can select just McCain's Legislation too.

Anything he sponsored or co-sponsored will show up.

Or just follow this link to S.1836

[edit on 24/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks to my bestest birther buddy

The text of S.1836 has not yet been received from GPO
Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress from the Government Printing Office a day or two after they are introduced on the floor of the House or Senate. Delays can occur when there are a large number of bills to prepare or when a very large bill has to be printed.

I wouldn't be jumping up to pat John (Pro Gang Rape) McCain on the back just yet for this bill. I gotta see what bull dunk they plan on putting in it first.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The Corporate Government has over 600,000 laws on the books friend, I am looking for less not more.

I don't really get too excited about guys who shoot the plane in front of them on the deck of an aircraft carrier, or who have a nice cushy apartment in Hanoi with a mistress, because Dad is an Admiral between photo ops at the prison where the little guys have to live.

Plus I thought the buy off he took to run the worst campaign ever from the Rothschilds through IG Beverage to his wife was really just TOO Obvious.

But hey that's just me, as you know I have a suspicious mind and high standards.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I seriously cannot believe that folks would say....NOT John MCCain!!!

Look, John McCain seems lke a very nice person, but he is OWNED by the telecoms and he does not understand technology, so they USE him.

Don't forget, this is the JOhn McCain that tried to block - outlaw - encryption technology under the McCain bill way back when that would have made e-commerce pretty much ILLEGAL. NO one could have sold ANY software with encryption at all over seas, ect.

If you look at his history - and his donors, lol - you will see that John McCain has been behind or voted for a LOT of legislation that most technically astute people would have been mortified to even consider.

a link, for reference: partners.nytimes.com...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Face it folks we're all screwed. The government has too much power. From censorship to taxing soda these rich jerks are commin for everything you have and they'll get it.

Ben Franklin said "those that trade freedom for security deserve neither".

I'm armed to the teeth and ready to take back whats mine.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm having trouble understanding this.

McCain on Thursday introduced the Internet Freedom Act, which would keep the FCC from enacting rules prohibiting broadband providers from selectively blocking or slowing Internet content and applications

Which would keep the FCC from enacting rules PROHIBITING broadband providers FROM SELECTIVELY BLOCKING or slowing internet content and applications.

So... The FCC wants to enact rules that stop ISPs from blocking/censoring traffic. This sounds good to me? This would stop cable companies and such from throttling content they don't like, and would lead to more freedom for all of us? It would also mean a level playing field for all internet service providers, as none would be able to provide faster or slower traffic for special services.

Why would McCain want to stop this?

Am I reading this wrong or did everyone else read it wrong?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join