It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote facility near Groom Lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From my photo session on Bonanza Peak, I found an image with what looks like a few buildings on a hill.
wide shot (external link)
full resolution centered on facility (external link)

I believe this is at
N37.159145 W115.927415
on Google Earth

These photos were taken with a 400mm +1.4x teleconverter, not a telescope, so the potential for better photography is certain possible.

Camera located at
N36.36970 W115.75542

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Could you circle some spots of which you believe are buildings? I am yet to see anything that looks out of the ordinary.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I agree. I don't see anything yet.

There is some odd scrape mark on one little hill

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I can't be certain of it because it's hard to tell from the pics, but the full res. image looks like the set of buildings that's up high in the mountain range that's between the base and Papoose Lake. There's a road connecting it to the base but not from the front side.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Here is it with the area highlighted.
remote mountain facility (external link)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Did you notice almost directly above that area there is some kind of excavation going on with two entrances going into the ground , just follow the road leading out of the area at that you posted and take a right on the main road then another right and its right there reply to post by gariac

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It looks like they have been driving down into the tunnels with heavy equipment .reply to post by hiluxxulih

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hiluxxulih

Are you seeing this in Google Earth or the photo?

For what it worth, after much back and forth, it has been determined that you are looking at Papoose Lake. I see nothing in my photograph that confirms Bob Lazar's claims.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Here are two more photographs of the area.
wide
zoom

The facility coordinates I gave out earlier are wrong. Google Earth as far as I can tell does not show this facility. So either they are some rocks and no infrastructure exists, or the imagery is old.

Climbing the remaining 300ft might show all of the mountain to further disprove Bob Lazar, but it would not show our favorite secret base.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Hi Gariac,

I found the earlier coordinates interesting - have always been curious about that site - Google Earth shows a really well maintained road leading up to what?

Regarding your latest photos - do have the right coordinates for the buildings/rocks? I have a few other remote places I have marked on Google and would be interested to see if your photo is of one of them.

Off post I know - but Base Camp was dead on the Sunday I visited - but I was surprised at the large number of white vans parked up.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Its on Google Earth , its just above the area you posted just follow the road out to groom lake road then go right a mile or so then its the road at the first right its two distinct tunnels going underground with a bunch of dirt piled up and some heavy equipment by it .reply to post by gariac

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
try this 37.200219,-115.928625 reply to post by gariac

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hiluxxulih

The tunnels are pretty old. You can see plant life in the path. Generally in the desert, once you disturb the top soil, the area never recovers. That is why you can spot 50 year old crashes on Google Earth if you happen to know the crash sites. So these tunnels have been there a very long time.

The area next to it remind me of a toxic clean up, but who knows. The tunnels or whatever are certainly interesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

GPX file

www.lazygranch.com/images/bonanza/bnz_ridge.gpx

One of these links should get you a GPX file that can be opened with Google Earth. If the file appears in your browser, just save the text to a file, give it a .gpx suffix, and open with google earth.

I never found the facility on Google Earth once I had the correct orientation.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Man it would be so cool to explore Area 51 there some sweet places there .

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
gariac,
I know this post is very old but I think I found something in that area. It is to the right of the double mountain top in the wide angle photo.

google earth - 36° 54.705'N 115° 48.976'W

I drew a path from Bonanza peak to papoose lake and the coordinates were pretty much on that path.
If you zoom in there something white/grey and rectangular in shape. I know you said "buildings" but figured this was a start at the location at least.
edit on 3-3-2013 by nepatitan because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2013 by nepatitan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

I think you found something since the spot is three in the same area as you roll back the Google Earth history. But I don't think this spot is the area on the hill.

Save this file to your hard drive and open it up in google earth.
gpx file from camera location to "fingers" of Papoose Lake
You need to use Firefox. IIRC, Internet Explorer interprets GPX files as XML (which technically they are). The file is a vector from where I had the camera to the "fingers" of the lake. You can see the same fingers in the photograph.

In addition, I have an overlay file that should open up in Google Earth right from the network link. The green areas in the overlay file are what can be seen from Bonanza Peak to the accuracy of the digital elevation models and the software used. Now since I didn't make it to the Bonanza Peak but a nearby hill, the viewshed will not be exactly on target for the view from where I can set up the camera. [I lost the trail to the peak, though I have now found it on the internet.]

Bonanza Peak Overlay
edit on 3-3-2013 by gariac because: added overlay

top topics

join