It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Griffin (BNP Leader) to appear on Question Time Tonight amid Protesters Outside Studio

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I did not vote BNP - but neither will I ever vote for any party that will not acknowledge that there is an indiginous British people who have rights.
I am sure that all those who lost their lives in wars defending the British people, British culture, way of life would not agree either.
I find it shocking - and i am afraid that despite their efforts, Nick Griffin will gain many many votes off the back of last night because, to me, it highlighted the short comings of the other parties views and policy more than it showed up Nick Griffin (despite every effort being made by the BBC to make him squirm).

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Neformore I agree 100%.
I can't believe to what extent this show was set up in the manner of a witch hunt. It's hardly surprising that NG bumbled and fluffed a little. And I am sure his supporters will use this.
I'm wondering if those who argued against his appearance also opposed the march calling for Sharia law!
Plus it was all so superficial. All this programme will have done is confirm people in their various biases.
Unfortunately, along with racism and fascism, there is a grain of truth in what NG says. That's why BNP have got votes. I'll bet a lot of people were quietly nodding and agreeing with him in the privacy of their homes. I wonder how many of these 'right on' multi culturalists live in an area which has been taken over by a community which does not wish to integrate, where you don't hear a word of English, where you feel threatened just walking down the street.
While the main parties put down these concerns as 'racist', the BNP will just continue to garner more votes.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 23-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
i think that last nights question time will gain the bnp many supporters, it would of been nice to have seen a better balanced audience

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

acknowledge that there is an indiginous British people who have rights.

I'm sure most people don't associate the terms British and Indigenous in the same sentence, seeing as the indigenous of Britain aren't black.
I'm sure if they were, we all wouldn't be having this conversation as their rights would be sancrosanct and there would be no need for the BNP either.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
How dare that angry black American woman *who appeared to be sulking for most of the programme* display her anti white hatred by trying to deny that the British Isles original settlors are white- she waffled about the Romans being multi cutlural heh, and even more bizzarrely, started talkin about ice age neanderthals- does the notion of whites being "indigenous" really upset her so much- I trust she will travel to Australia and tell the aborigines to stop using the term.

Or the studentesque woman who said we are all descended from one person in Africa, so are basically African- how about she travel to Detroit and tell a few blacks she is African American, see how all that pans out.

There was very little Griffin said that was actually wrong, racist or offensive- at times he looked unsure, who wouldnt, surrounded by a bizzarre non British crowd and hostile panelists

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I agree but...
One of the reasons that the BNP have attained their seats is because British people are naffed off because they dare not be patriotic about their history / heritage and culture because they are dubbed racist and un-pc.
We literally (legally) cannot wave our flag - in case we offend someone.
Jack Straw had a point when he said that most British people have mixed heritage - very true.....but there IS a British culture - just as there is American / Australian / Indian / Chinese - they are allowed to recognise them - it seems to me, that Britain is not!
No other country has faced such a mass influx of other cultures (in such a short space of time) like Britain has - but if we compain - we are dubbed racist or unpc. I was glad to see that Asian and African British in the audience also acknowledged that there was a problem with immigration laws - there was only Jack Straw who seemed to be deluded enough to think they were dealing with it adequately (that is a joke).
Until they face up to the problem - parties as extreme as the BNP will gather momentum

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Yeah, they seem to lack intelligence when they try and apply the usual indigenous philosophy in places like Europe and Britain where the whites are the original owners. It also shows the inherent racism that they harbour themselves that they accuse others of. Quite funny to watch.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Ironically, the main parties attack on the BNP use of WW2 iconography and Winston Churchill is unfounded. Winston Churchill would probably have supported the BNP over the other parties and would certainly have not supported the push for EU federalisation, so Griffin is correct on that point.

Any romanticising over WW2 being fought for "freedom" doesn't change the fact that Churchill would be sat firmly in the right-wing if he was alive today.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Ironically, the main parties attack on the BNP use of WW2 iconography and Winston Churchill is unfounded. Winston Churchill would probably have supported the BNP over the other parties and would certainly have not supported the push for EU federalisation, so Griffin is correct on that point.

Any romanticising over WW2 being fought for "freedom" doesn't change the fact that Churchill would be sat firmly in the right-wing if he was alive today.

absoloutely- imagine a cryogenically frozen Winston who was thawed out in 2009, imagine him touring the east end to see cheeky cock-er-nee types all dressed like bee keepers and speaking in tongues, being told of the abject surrender of national sovereignty to a franco german eu and armed police having to patrol some estates in England due to social and moral decay of the last 40 years- does that clown Jack Straw (or the equally inept tories) think for one moment he would be on the side of the elite?

[edit on 23-10-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
These are just a very few of the hundreds of headlines that we are faced with.......If we complain then we are dubbed racist or un-pc

UNNAMED MET officials who have now banned armed cops at Heathrow Airport from wearing the tiny union jack flag badge on their clothing

LINK

Hospital banned from serving hot cross buns at easter (a long standing tradition for the British –whether they are Christians or not) – in case it offends non-christians….MADNESS – unfair to British Christians and those who are non-religious who enjoy this long standing British tradition

LINK

Attempts to stop the Red arrows from performing at the 2012 olympic games – because they were considered “too British”

LINK

Historical British pub to change its name in case it offends Muslims

LINK

[edit on 23-10-2009 by suziwong]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

Thankfully, there are people from Asian and African backgrounds who can empathise.

I'm sure they ask themselves the basic questions of .......

How would they feel if Asia or Africa was being overtaken in large numbers by other cultures? What if their culturally homogenised homeland as they and their ancestors knew it, no longer existed to return to oneday?
Would they become members of their own BNP parties and become politically active too, if it was happening there?

The answer would be YES.

And no one would accuse them of being racists for wanting to protect their culture and homeland either.

I can't understand the hypocracy when applied to the British situation and the BNP.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I had the good fortune to be in the audience for this, and while Nick griffin may be a racist, he came across as less of an arrogant enoch-powell type person as I thought him to be

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
These are just a very few of the hundreds of headlines that we are faced with.......If we complain then we are dubbed racist or un-pc

UNNAMED MET officials who have now banned armed cops at Heathrow Airport from wearing the tiny union jack flag badge on their clothing

LINK

Hospital banned from serving hot cross buns at easter (a long standing tradition for the British –whether they are Christians or not) – in case it offends non-christians….MADNESS – unfair to British Christians and those who are non-religious who enjoy this long standing British tradition

LINK

Attempts to stop the Red arrows from performing at the 2012 olympic games – because they were considered “too British”

LINK

Historical British pub to change its name in case it offends Muslims

LINK

Where's the article about the pub?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonjo

Apologies - I have altered the link in the original post

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
am not a rascist but seeing ng last night has made me want to vote for the bnp. ihave have black,asain friends i work for asians. i have gay friends.if i agree with them or not there my friends and i wont stop liking them because of that.just like am pro-life nearly all my friends are not but they are still my friends.the bbc just wanted to show the bnp up but they havnt.i dont agree with the wars at all.i think the uk should start looking after the uk before any other contry.not so long back people were burning the union jack/english flags on the uk streets..... why? when there here and the uk are helping them, if we did that in there country we'd be killed.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by rikgrimsby]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Some more examples:-

Police Sniffer dogs cannot come into contact with people as they offend Muslims

LINK

Passport photo of 5 year old girl banned as bare shoulders offend Muslims

LINK

The three little pigs story offends Muslims – as do British “Piggy Banks”

LINK

LINK

British Airways Bans Bibles as they may offend Muslims

LINK

Queens medal withdrawn as it is “too Christian and may offend Hindus & Muslims

LINK

British police withdraw and apologise about advert with a puppy which offends Muslims

LINK

St Georges flag – “NTL are ordering van drivers and subcontractors to tear down their flags in case they offend Muslims.
One shocked driver said: “If we’re seen with any flags on our vans we’ll be given a written warning.”

LINK

Christmas decorations banned from offices as they offend other faiths
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

LINK

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I must add...

There is no way I will ever vote for a party that has its deep roots in Oswald Mosely's British Union of Facists.

As Baroness Warsi pointed out - and isn't it ironic that it took a British born Muslim peer to remind people of this, because it seems that some of the BNP's supporters conviniently forget history - that during WW2 the facists were on the opposing side to Churchill (Mosely spent the war under internment as a nazi sympathiser).

And, the hypocrisy in usuing Churchill as a sensationalist PR stunt (because thats all it is) is that the people we fought in WW2 were white germanic in origion, and we had soldiers from all over the world, of different colours, creeds and religions fighting for the Empire, under Churchill's command.

Really though, all this "Churchill would do/say this or that..." nonsense is exactly that, nonsense.

No one knows how Churchill would have seen things, and as he died in 1965 - 44 years ago - he never saw the world as we see it now, and make no mistake the world is a hugely different place these days than it was in the 40's, 50's and 60's - indeed the medium we're having this discussion on right now did not exist in its infancy until 1969.

What we see, do and experience now is a quantum leap over and above whatever happened back then. The game has changed. Different people see different things in different times.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
I think this has all been set up to make it seem that the light shines out of the other political party's asses. First 17 mins is just attacking BNP. Not really discussing politics as a whole, just attacking BNP.

Great move. Really makes me want to vote for those other parties. Childish.

griffin is so right wing, that he would make sean hannity of FOX NEWS in america look like a liberal. this griffin, (i heard anyway) is a firm believer in the nazis...could one of you brits maybe shed some light on this, if it true or not?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

all euro skeptic parties get attacked...right across europe..the czech president is even being likened to nazis because he wont sign the treaty...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
And here, the man shows his true colours...

Griffin complaint over BBC "mob"

He also claimed the audience was not representative of the UK as a whole as levels of immigration in London meant it was "no longer a British city".

In the words of Bugs Bunny - what a maroon....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join