It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security, Medicare = Largest Ponzeii Scheme Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I am starting this thread because I just got a big laugh on a Healthcare Thread

The gist was that the Social Security Trust Fund actually had money in it.

IOU's from one side of a ledger, to offset another side of the ledger is not money!

Let me put it this way, Social Security and the Medicare/Medicaid Fund are broke. There is no money in any account in the government. The funds have been looted since the days of Reagan and Carter. It would have been nice to actually have money in the bank in case of a rainy day, but we all know government has other ideas about our money.

2009 was the first year that they have ever frozen Social Security Benefits. They have been frozen indefinitely. Yes, the government has said it is ONLY for the next 3 years.
Quite a joke when you think about it.

IF ANYONE DISPUTES THIS I WILL COLLECT ENOUGH INFO TO SATISFY YOU!

Reagan and Carter started the plundering of the funds. All they did was, put all of the income from employees (income tax-social security tax-medicare/medicaid tax), into the general fund. Over the next 25 years the Funds were emptied. Next, they gave all of the money in the general fund to the Federal Reserve to pay our interest on the debt. All money gone. Zip, Zero, Nil.

We have been broke for the last 20 years. The only thing keeping us afloat, has been printing worthless money.

The US dollar is a joke, a Fiat Currency. Our debt is only a promise to pay interest, forever.

It is all a joke on the American People

And here is the solution: We the people seize control of our country. Now we own it again. Their is no debt. We have been lied to forever.

[edit on 10/22/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Not one fracking reply. I am kind of sad.

Who said Bumpty bump?

Can you say trashy?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Not one fracking reply.

A lot of people are scared.

Evil is everywhere.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

THIS THREAD ROCKS!

I fully agree with it 100%!

Personal Disclosure: I see the stars and flags are accumulating quikly! This and the lack of any replies says to me that nothing else needs being said ..you said it all simply and to the point, and the lack of any rebuttal speaks VOLUMES!

P.S. Bump!
Come on Flaggers... Please post to bump this all the way to a spot on ATS NEWS!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I like to remember the movie Dune whenever I begin to fear anything. Your mind is a powerful thing. Self hypnotism is just your minds way of reinforcing its own willpower.

The Bene Gesserit Littainy against Fear. Pg 19 of Dune

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Do you think my Avatar and Sig are over the top?I have not got any complaints yet from the mods.

reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks for the S&F. Yes what the government has to the wealth and the country, in my mind is treason.

Trials, trials, trials, trials, and a few more trials should take care of our problems. Throw them all out and most in prison. Then we just start over.

I call a do over.

edit to add response to Omega

[edit on 10/24/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Do you think my Avatar and Sig are over the top? I have not got any complaints yet from the mods.

I think many of them might worship satan, so it doesn't really surprise me.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's not just social security in the US. Private pensions, British Old Age Penison, the Canada Pension Plan, and every other retirement scheme out there run the same way. The people receiving checks are not receiving money the money that they put in. That money was used by the government or fund long ago. The only way for the scheme to continue is for new people to come along and pay into the pension fund, which then gets paid to the retirees. The problem is the system relies on more and more people to be paying into the system every year, the classic definition of a Ponzi scheme. Otherwise the scheme is insolvent.

The problem is how do you go about fixing something like this? It's not like they can just end social security. All the people who have paid into the system their whole lives would get completely screwed out of thier money. However one day it will end, unless there is a constant growth in the amount of younger people paying into the system and the average lifespan remains the same. The problem is, people are living longer and less and less children are being born.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame

I wish I could get some real numbers from someone. The US this year has pretty much said SS is pretty much broke and their are not enough people to cover the ones in it.

Well they did not say that but they did say that SS has to be frozen for the next 3 years.

You know, I have a few of my own conspiracy theories. Mainly about corrupt government. But what is really striking, over the last 15 years our government has spent money at astronomical amounts.We have no idea how much money has flown out of the government's pockets. 1 day before 9/11 Cheney admitted they did not know where 2.1 Trillion dollars went. No idea where 2.1 Trillion went?!?!?

I just hope the movie 2012 is not a precursor to the 1 million person lottery for the left space in the D.U.M.B.'s!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Lack of replies can be split in two. One, for anyone with half a brain this is old news. The pyramid nature of it was used to fight it back when it was first proposed.

Which brings me to two. Nobody cared then. Nobody cares now. This country, the world, is full of complete imbeciles. Those imbeciles are led around and manipulated by people who desire power and control.

If you're not an imbecile or control freak you have no say and you simply do not matter. You just float around in bitter limbo until you drink yourself stupid, die or climb up in a tower with a rifle and subsequently die. Funny that the violent end often comes to the individual who just wanted to be left alone.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I am on Social Secruity and we are not getting an increase for 2 years. It makes me anrgy because congress voted themselves a raise yet denied it for the disabled and eldlery. Maybe they took money from SS to pay for their raises.
When you say Social security benefits will be frozen you are talking about people not getting raises? I know I will still be getting benefits indefinitely. Believe me if the government suddenly took away it's income from millions of people there would be an uproar.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

You may think you will get it indefinitely, and I hope you do, but the whole problem has been that the government has spent all of the Fund. The only way they have been paying for it is by the money coming in from current workers not any Fund. With the depression now, more money is going out than coming in. Part of the printing money scheme is keeping the Social Security flowing. Their has to be an economic correction because printing the fake money will turn the US into Zimbabwe very soon.

edit to add That is why I put on the Name Ponzeii Scheme

[edit on 10/25/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Regarding your solution, do you side with the election process or demonstration/ tea party approach?
I think a combination is best. Keeping the pressure on Obama will work. Everyone just has to show their disatifaction without letting-up.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Um.. it's not frozen. It's akin to minimum wage going DOWN for the first time in many years. They are both tied (by law) to the inflation rate. When the inflation rate does not climb, this is what happens. It's obviously just such a rarity, you don't often see this.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by dreamseeker

You may think you will get it indefinitely, and I hope you do, but the whole problem has been that the government has spent all of the Fund. The only way they have been paying for it is by the money coming in from current workers not any Fund. With the depression now, more money is going out than coming in. Part of the printing money scheme is keeping the Social Security flowing. Their has to be an economic correction because printing the fake money will turn the US into Zimbabwe very soon.

edit to add That is why I put on the Name Ponzeii Scheme

[edit on 10/25/2009 by endisnighe]

I am trying desperately to ge a job that pays more moey. I have called career counselors and applied for jobs. If we were not in a recession right now I would need more money so desperately. Electcity rates have gone up. Many people do not want to hire me because I pass out under fluroscent lighting and no DR will treat me or diagonosis me right now.
I feel paniced as I am sure many people do about no increase in SS.

new topics

top topics

join