It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mansi Stone Statues Declared a Russian Miracle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Mansi Stone Statues Declared a Russian Miracle

www.fennougria.ee

There are many legends about the appearance of the statues. Mansis or, as they are also called, the Voguls say that these stone statues are what was left of the seven Samoyed warriors who had come over the mountains to destroy the Mansi people. However, once they reached Manpupuner, their leader saw the Voguls’ sacred mountain of Jalpingner in front of him and he and his companions turned into stone statues. According to another stody, a local shaman turned to warriors into statues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.--.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
englishrussia.com...
www.documentingreality.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In checking on ATS, I saw nothing previously posted about these rock formations. If there is already a thread, I apologize.

I've never heard of them before, but the Komi Republic has a very interesting mystery on their hands. One that's been around for thousands of years. Are they relics from an ancient civilization such as the Easter Islands, only weathered more from damage through time? Were they left by our friendly alien brothers and sisters?

The pictures are awesome.

If any of you have visited this area, I'd love to hear what you have to say about these megalithic monuments.

www.fennougria.ee
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

Hiya, fumy coincidence, I mentioned them yesterday in a thread about a UFO crash in Russia in the same region.

But this is about the formations in their own rite so it's all good.

They are very weird.

The UFO is looking like a meteor or old satellite however it hasn't been confirmed.

By the way, the link you gave, shows up as 'www.--.com ' - which I found out from some helpful members yesterday means the site is blocked from ATS, usually for having dodgy stories and hoaxes.

It made my thread very difficult but internos and Arthx translated an unblocked site (very kindly!)!

But the other links are OK, I'd too like to hear from locals about these features!

All the best, Kiwifoot

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting, didn't know about that 'www.--.com ' thing. Thanks for the heads up. Here's another link with fantastic pics in the snow. Wonder why we haven't seen these in movies yet?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It might help if I put the link in.

russianwomenblog.hotrussianbrides.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this!
Do you have any coordinates?
It's amazing how large they are. One of the links the OP provided contained very nice pics. Look at the first picture at the tent at the base of one of those megaliths.
www.documentingreality.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
From what I've been able to find out, they're located in the Ural Mountains. Here's the wiki site. But all I can bring up on Google earth is the Komi Republic in Russia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I really would like to know where these megaliths are located.
There is also a strange rock formation in Germany called Externsteine.
These are located at the exact same latitude as Stonehenge.
Maybe they are related.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
pretty cool, they look quite volcanic to me, the thing that sprung to mind immediately were underwater black smokers, but they're not underwater so probably not.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/049341323d05.jpg[/atsimg]

could they be glacier spoil?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
pretty cool, they look quite volcanic to me, the thing that sprung to mind immediately were underwater black smokers, but they're not underwater so probably not.

They could have been underwater a long time ago... And then it became dry land. Look at the mention of sediments in link like that:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

it may well have been underwater at some point but i think volcanic rock is fairly susceptible to weathering and erosion. i can't see how volcanic pillars could stand up to more than a few years of freezing and thawing without shattering to rubble.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I have been able to locate the Ural Mountain range. I'm not good at this kind of stuff, but maybe this will help you. I believe the rocks are located in the northwest portion. I'd be interested in knowing if you can find them and their relation to Stonehenge.

GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION Located in the north-western region of the
Komi Republic on the western slopes of the Northern Urals. 61925’-65°4SN,
57”27’-6 1’20’E

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

You make an interesting observation. Without knowing the age of these monoliths, it's hard to tell what they were. Evidently this mountain range is one of the oldest in the world however.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

you don't happen to know what the stone that the statues are made of is called, do you?

having looked around the net, they're possibly karst stones like this one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e70e372bf738.jpg[/atsimg]

these are created when soft rock is eroded from around hard rock leaving unlikely pillars. if this is the case, you might have limestone generally and pillars of sandstone or granite, for example.

i can't find anything on the geology of the area on the web, just the same blurb about the inaccessibility of the area and the unique landscape.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thanks a lot. I found it. Very grainy, nothing can be seen. There is in Google Earth only a 360° view available. No aditional information or pictures.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Pretty cool place there too. What I could find out about the geology is on wiki.

Geology
Main article: Uralian orogeny
The Urals are among the world's oldest extant mountain ranges. For its age of 250 to 300 million years, the elevation of the mountains is unusually high. They were formed during the late Carboniferous period, when western Siberia collided with eastern Baltica (connected to Laurentia (North America) to form the minor supercontinent of Euramerica) and Kazakhstania to form the supercontinent of Laurasia. Later Laurasia and Gondwana collided to form the supercontinent of Pangaea, which subsequently broke itself apart into the seven continents known today. Europe and Siberia have remained joined together ever since.

The Urals were first studied in a systematic way by Russian mineralogist Ernst Karlovich Hofmann (1801-1871) of St. Petersburg University. During his tireless research, which began in 1828, Hofmann travelled thousands of miles in the Urals and gathered a vast collection of minerals, like gold, platinum, magnetite, ilmenite, perovskite, rutile, chromite, chrysoberyl, quartz, zircon, uvarovite, phenakite, topaz and beryl, among others.

The Urals have large deposits of gold, platinum, coal, iron, nickel, silver, oil and other minerals.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

yeah, i saw that, i couldn't find anything more specific except a brief mention by a russian scientist that fleetingly mentions them as karst formations. she doesn't offer any detail and the fact that they don't quite match karst formations makes me troke my beard a little.

if the were just simple karst i'ld expect either the surrounding area to be eroding, with scree etc., or the stacks themselves to be more vegetated or eroded.

defiantly an interesting site.

top topics

join