It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Brain vs Left Brain! How about Dual Brained!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Are you Left or Right brained?

www.news.com.au...

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

For example most "Skeptics" are "Left" brained and most "Believers" are "Right" brained. This explains why we're all so different in perspective and have the debates that we have. It's NOT always about and external source of "evidence/proof" since "believers" rely on their internal source, intuitions/gut feeling as an evidence, which shapes ones perspective.

I think it's the beauty of our nature that allows us to learn from one another and evolve, if we all were one sided then this world would be a very different world (which is slowly becoming). Personally I think in this world (specially in the first world countries) focus a lot on "Left" brain and we grow up with this mind set. For example, majority of classes/courses in schools are all focused on "Left" and that's how you get rewarded (school credit and financially achievements), being "Right" brained won't get you far financially, since most jobs that are available to majority are all "Left" brain focused, so to survive you have to learn to be more "Left" brained, be able to cut your emotions out and be a "business man" and that's what most would idolize.

In my humble opinion I think this is what's causing our world to fall apart. You can't have one without the other and so we all become extremists (Left or Right), since we all think "we" know the truth. In our biased social deviation, one has to stop and think, if we all suppose to used one side of our brain (based on our culture) then why do we physically have "two" equal side? Maybe we were intended to use both sides "equally"!

To be "perfect" (to be one), maybe it's all about learning how to be "dual" brained.

www.thethinkingblog.com...
socyberty.com...

D-dominant people are individuals whose personality is made up of a balanced blend of both mental components. Their minds are neither dominated by logic, nor emotions. Tests indicate such individuals use their brain hemispheres about equally, and they view life through both logical and intuitive filters with relative ease. These D-dominants are hemispherically balanced.

So drop the old way of thinking/being, lets start changing our selves so that the world around us change with us! It's tough changing your mind set, but it is doable, I've done it and constantly doing it, so I feel more and more balanced in my life and at peace in my heart. The resistance comes from "change" not because it's bad/good, simply because it's a new condition we're NOT exposed to.

I believe if humanity wants to live in harmony and peace, this is the ONLY true way we can change the core of our beings. Let's truly start evolving...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Weird that I was thinking about this as soon as I woke up this morning. In biblical scripture it talked about if you were too cold or too hot that you wouldn't be accepted in heaven. You have to be balanced not too hot or too cold. I was thinking about how this concept is applied in real life issues. I see people angry, outraged, and generally very emotional. I see others too technical, there has to be proof that will take years and a team of people to figure out an issue. And then there is me. I see both sides having validity but each will never prove their perception to the other side. I try to find the balance in everything and disregard either extreme.

While you focus on left/right brain. How about current society vs. native american society? Remember the prophecy of the Eagle and Condor, that they will fly together one day using the strengths of each side.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

While you focus on left/right brain. How about current society vs. native american society?

Interesting, but isn't our "current society" and "native American society" all based on different culture? and so if it is, then isn't our culture created with our practice of daily life?

Then it still comes down to our personal belief, which is created with our own biased perspective (left or right).

I guess the real question should be, do we create our "culture" or is our "culture" creating us? If we're creating our culture then we can change our culture, but the problem with culture is that it's based on the "past" and not the present. Which is why I think cultures are the obstacle of our growth!

The only way I think culture is great, is when "it" can evolve with us and so nothing is holding us back to our old mind set.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've done many tests in school and elsewhere, which all have said I'm equally Left & Right brained. . . . I was told it's only 5% or less of the population which is like me. It hasn't really helped me much, although I don't know for sure. It is who I am. I'm sure one day it will come in handy.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I see the woman rotating clockwise, which for this little test means I'm right brained. I've taken a few classes dealing with this subject. In tests and such I've been labeled right/left brained favoring the right. I've always considered myself ambidextrous, and wondered if it's not something you can just learn to do. I write with my right hand, throw my left. Play guitar right handed, but brush my teeth with my left. No one is ever really truly right or left brained, the 2 sides work together(or against, or independently) and it would be a truly odd person who only used 1 half. I doubt it's possible. I have seen videos of people who have had their corpus collosum(part that connects the 2 hemispheres) split, and they are pretty interesting. You show a guy the written word "punch" and ask him what it says, he makes a punching motion and says..."hit."

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hmmmm, both sides... I wonder if our brain is responsible for the interpretation of our souls influence over the body. I think what it comes down to is removing judgement from your life. No longer deciding between good, or bad, or between yellow, and red. When there is no longer good, bad, or anything in between, when we only have experience will we be able to live in perfect harmony. Try to not think in terms of left or right, or what side of the brain is responsible for what. Just let it beeee, let it beee, oo let it beee. Then hopefully society will understand what true enlightenment is.

I personally believe that all time, and space, exist in the same space, and time. All places exist at once, in all places, in all times. That belief structure also applies to good, and evil.

P.S. - Sorry if I went a little off topic. I just woke up and haven't eaten any Cheerios yet lol!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by onequestion]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
I've done many tests in school and elsewhere, which all have said I'm equally Left & Right brained. . . . I was told it's only 5% or less of the population which is like me. It hasn't really helped me much, although I don't know for sure. It is who I am. I'm sure one day it will come in handy.

Kwel, as a child I was "Right" brained very in tuned with a the world (and somewhat psychic) not even knowing it, life was great and I was a happy SOB. I got older went to University and somehow over few years I turned completely "Left" brained, and my life turned into hell (just things not working out, dark aura around me and lost my psychic abilities, stop believing in ET/UFO even though I seen them with my own eyes) and this went on for years, met a girl that was not compatible.

After breaking up a four year relationship I decided to go soul searching, feeling something is just not right in me and tried to figure out what was I doing as a child that was so nice/happy/peaceful. I then realized that I used to see the world completely from "Right" perspective.

So last few years now I've been "re-discovering" my old side and finding a good balanced between "Right and Left" and I now feel %100 on track and have been for few years. Funny how it all works, I'm actually dual brained as well, although with bit more stronger Right side.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You were DEAD ON, I also believe that removing "Ego" from our culture then we will all become who we really desire to be, yet we silence ourselves so that we can "fit in" this society (religion, status, ego, education system, money, etc...) that was put forth by a few elites.

We have to learn to break away from that to be ultimately "free" in a true sense of the word!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Oh ya lol. I forgot about that mean guy named ego. I think him and fear are sharing a ride somewhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Oh ya lol. I forgot about that mean guy named ego. I think him and fear are sharing a ride somewhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Star and Flag, good post and good thought. For myself, I learned a long time ago how to go to my right brain, and by doing this again and again, I have formed a bridge between the two halves, and now use both sides as one. Anyone can do this. Just close your eyes, you know where you are. Now just move over to the right side. See how peaceful it is there? Practice makes for perfection.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just as women generally express forms of Charity (carnally and spiritually), and men generally express forms of Order (carnally and spiritually), our bodies do the same. All Things are an image of the Creators who are perfectly One, the Beginning and End, OrderCharity.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
Just as women generally express forms of Charity (carnally and spiritually), and men generally express forms of Order (carnally and spiritually), our bodies do the same. All Things are an image of the Creators who are perfectly One, the Beginning and End, OrderCharity.

Beautifully said! I couldn't agree anymore.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Star and Flag, good post and good thought. For myself, I learned a long time ago how to go to my right brain, and by doing this again and again, I have formed a bridge between the two halves, and now use both sides as one. Anyone can do this. Just close your eyes, you know where you are. Now just move over to the right side. See how peaceful it is there? Practice makes for perfection.

Very interesting a "bridge", that's a good explanation. You're right, you can "feel" the shift in the physical brain, then you feel relax/peaceful.

Try "smiling" even if you don't feel like it, it also makes you feel damn good (social conditioning).

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

you do realize that there is no truly left or right brained people, right? Articles like those are gross oversimplifications of how things work. Most people are actually generally in the middle and use both sides of their brain fairly equally, but we all have a tendency to utilize one side more than the other depending on tasks.

Of course, here is an interesting one for you to ponder. They say that we take in, what, about 80% of our information and sensory stimulus through our eyes, right? How would this affect a person who is blind in perhaps, their right eye. according to this model, how would that affect them?... just remember, the eyes switch paths at teh back of the brain....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This dancer is an interesting illusion, if you visualize her above you she turns one way and if you visualize her below you she easily swings back the other way. Do you suppose there is some link to dominance between the left and right hemispheres of the brain?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would think we all use our right and left brain equally, However I am by far no expert.
As far as the spinning Lady goes I can make her move back and forth with no problem and don't understand why everone can't do it.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Which is why it is OrderCharity that is being balanced in our minds and thoughts instead of specific ideas/locations.

Using the gift of God is the using of understanding and gifting. If a person does not have Order, they are only capable of chaotic and selfish thoughts and actions. If a person does not have Charity, they are only capable of chaotic and selfish thoughts and actions.

Using a visualization, as mentioned above, can help to put your mind in a state of self-analysis relief and self-understanding from the view of Charity, and can help balance out how we normally operate.

Reversing the visualization, as mentioned above, can help to put your mind in a state of self-analysis relief and self-understanding from the view of Order, and can help balance out how we normally operate.

- Visualizations are a tool that other methods can achieve as well. They are not magic or bunk, they can be very practical in moderation. -

Normal operation is usually varied forms of ignorance (which manifests as self-pride and results in either prideful or chaotic conduct and also manifests as self-chaos, which results in either chaotic or prideful conduct).

Make-up, perfume, women "not" farting, hair dye, processed foods, anarchy, etc, all are based in the willful ignoring of our own nature and failures to be perfect/everlasting.

Cutting, familial dysfunctions, self-hate, war, etc, all are based in the pursuit of and/or the realization of failure in attempting to be perfection (judges/gods).

The very things that separate us from the animals are what prove what our hope is to be. That Order and Charity are gifts from above and to live in them is to live in hope of the gift of perfection (being made to be as and with God, who is ALL Eternal Things, forever). Our brother Christ taught this.

Give to God with all of your heart, soul, and mind.
Give to your neighbor as yourself.

The only true powers in this world are one thing, gentle order and orderly giving, and have been gifted to many throughout the course of time, but is currently manifested in few.

Those who are good judges use their whole mind, heart, and soul.

----
PS; Current models of thought and religion are based on reactionary principles. For example: One might think that "preemptive attacks" on others is prudent, and something more than reactionary. It is not. It is pre-reactionary. To truly preempt a conflict is to not only avoid losing a conflict, but to also avoid the conflict altogether. Again, I say, don't just be orderly, don't just be giving, be both, be good judges.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by Dasher]

new topics

top topics

join