It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Tarot Cards valid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Some time ago I found a pack of Tarot cards I got when I was a teenager. So I played with them and got the instruction sheet out. I gave myself a reading!

On thing I noticed was the wolf card next to the center. The explanation said that this could mean a betrayal by a friend or someone trusted.

Forgot about it for awhile, then suddenly somebody I trusted screwed me big time and it cost me some genuine folding money. I was really steamed.

Seems like one of those supermarket papers like the Enquirer or Globe might pick a major politician or celebrity each week and have someone give them a reading. They could show the layout of the cards and give a full explanation.

Just a thought.

( FYI The US dollar is now trading at .666 against the Euro)

[edit on 22-10-2009 by total newbie]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There was a time that I was reading Tarot cards for various people . I would seek as little info from the person before starting my reading as possible . I would then proceed to tell the person very descriptive info based on what I saw in the cards , to there amazement .
This was done with a certain level of accuracy time and time again to the point where these people would seek my council on a regular bases . The readings were constantly accurate offering details that I would have no way of knowing .

I continued doing readings for a few years until it got to a point that I did some soul searching based on one particular reading that I did for someone . This one reading more so then the others lead me to the decision that this wasn't something that I wanted to continue doing .

I have sense stopped ding readings and keep my 20 some odd decks as collector items now .

Long and short of it , do the cards work ? In my experience I would have to say yes and not only do they work but they can be very descriptive . They also have a tendency to create a dependancy within the person receiving the reading , almost to the point where they seek the readers council far to often .

Having said that I must say that over my years of reading Tarot I have seen some very poor readers who were very vague and offered little in the way of creditable info to people . Actually as per my experience I would have to say that the poor readers out number the good readers roughly 5 to 1 .

With tarot you have to decide for yourself if its something that you want to pursue , upon me doing my soul searching I discovered its not something that I wanted to continue doing and have sense stopped .

Having said that I must point out that I am still fascinated by the art of the cards and of Tarot's history . Each deck has its own unique symbolism but having said that each deck is derived from one of the 3 or 4 basic decks . These basic decks include the following .... The Thoth Tarot , The Rider Waite Tarot , Visconti tarot and the Marseilles Tarot deck . These various decks hold the bases for the various off shoot symbolism used in many different types of decks that are in print today .

Tarot is very fascinating and a very interesting point of study however for me thats were it ends . I no longer do readings and now I am happy to simply collect different decks and study the symbolism used in the various decks .

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I to have read the Tarot for many people and most of them where amazed at the accuracy of it. Now I don't do it so often anymore, only when people ask me for it for 'urgent' matters.
However, I never did readings for myself, it's so hard to stay objective when you read your own cards.
In my opinion and experience, the cards can tell you the passed events and how they have unfolded into the present. From there it can only advice you towards or against certain routes to take. The future is not set, but it does contain effects from things already set in motion, and those can come up in the cards. They are however no set facts.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I tend to agree with you , Tarot is great at revealing the past . Also , I like you never really read for myself for pretty much the same reason , its hard to stay objective and honestly there was never really an instant that I cared to know what was coming in my direct future .

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Many Tarot card games and decks were created by the Order of the Golden Dawn.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lately my research has been on a topic I don't fully understand, but I have channeled some information about.

The story is a variation of the story of Solomons Temple. In order for some things to happen in the real wrd you must first write your ideas down and visualize them. Soryboard them and then make them come to life either on a stage or a hollywood movie to condition the consciouscness of those the message comes accross and to manipulate global consciescness as a whole.

Since the days of Julius Caesar various stories have been passed down and told by Francis Bacon or Shakespear who once performed some of these plkays at the globe theater, until it was burned down. Today most of these stories are told through Hollywood movies.

www.josephhaworth.com...

The two pillars on the side are Solomons Pillars. In the Bible they have a ratio of 27 ft length and 18 ft circumfrence. Probably about the same as the World Trade Centers that fell on 9/11.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the place of the fallen two witnesses, World Trade Centers will soon be One World Trade Center. A modern day tower of babel which wwill be 1,776 ft high.

The story of jacinth and boaz. Jacinth stands for "In Gods Stregth" and boaz "He shall be established"
cindyrockney.com...

Sounds a bit like the message on the back of the one diollar bill doesn't it?
"New Order of the Ages"
"Providence favors our undertaking"

Now when you are looking through the deck, notice the tower card and similar cards with Queen Isis between the two pillars. Here is a real form of storytelling, but remember it's all about what you visualize in your own mind that determines the outcome.

Also for a better understanding in the role of Terra Cards, also do take a look at this Illuminatti Card Game

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

You are so very close , each card is representative of a part of the human condition laid out as you put it like a story board . Because each card is representative of some facet of the human condition it is no doubt that we see similar depictions through out history .

However some of the parallels we see between cards and real world constructions are of something else , part of the ancient esoteric knowledge past down through out the generations in the form of symbolism .

12.21.12 judging from some of your posts in other threads I can say with a certain degree of certainty that we share similar interests and I humbly suggest you read the book called Stellar Theology and Masonic Astronomy by Robert Hewitt Brown . I think you will enjoy the book

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Sounds like a good read thanks for the suggestion. Do you know where I might find a copy?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I sent you a link to the book

Now to stay on topic lol , I can also recommend that book to others that are interested in symbolism , something that Tarot relies very heavily on .

new topics

top topics

join