It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Induced goosebumps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Basically, whenever I want, I can feel goosebumps, I just have to concentrate very hard and my head starts shaking very fast (very small shakes tho) for like 2-3 seconds. Sometimes I feel massive goosebumps going down through my spine, and I can feel them on my whole body. Sometimes they're more soft and cold, and I just feel them on my head and chest. There are also some materials like styrofoam, that if I touch them or think about them I start getting goosebumps.

Having said that, there are some days where I can't induce any goosebumps...

Does anyone know what's this? Can you also do it?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I can do that. It takes a second or two. I simply feel that something's watching me like a ghost or something and I feel the goosebumps on my cheeks, back, upper arm, and thighs simultaneously.

My head doesn't shake though.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Unregistered]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have never heard of this, but i am sure plenty here can do weird things.

You are probably better of not telling the government though, lol.

One thing

Why would you want to induce goosebumps, and how did you first understand you could do this?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
perhaps it's a good way to temper yourself against the cold in preparation.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Moraz

One of the strangest things I have come across yet.

I mean usually people say they can read minds, spin plates on their nose and change a light bulb at the same time, walk on water or shoot darts out of their eyes etc.

So thats your power?

Im just joking but I could not help imagining you in an episode of heroes or something

Interesting oddity however.

Maybe theres a career in their somewhere for you? After all if someone can do this you never know....

[edit on 22-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Why would you want to induce goosebumps, and how did you first understand you could do this?

I don't know lol, I can just do it.. and I don't think it has any purpose

I found out I could do this like 2-3 years ago. (I'm 18).

Im just joking but I could not help imagining you in an episode of heroes or something

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Moraz]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, just wanted to bump this to state that I too can control goosebumps, with one signature difference. My goosebumps are also accompanied by a sense of euphoria, such that my entire body relaxes. It comes in waves, which are visible over my arms and legs as it happens, and the feelings are overwhelming. It's best used during meditation exercises or when going to sleep, as any other time it's a really big distraction.

In a similar vein, I can control, to some small degree, my pupil size. It takes deliberate focus, but it is controllable. It makes acclimating to a dark room easier, that's for sure!

Anyway, from what I've found during my studies, the sensation is due to the exertion of Qi, or Chi from the body.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

wahhhh finally I find a post with a bunch of stuff I can relate to

I to take part in the inciting of this, not really cause of the bumps, but because of the awesome feeling I have that just comes flowing down from my spine.

I actually remember someone in the link im going to provide mentioning pupil dilation being somewhat controllable in unison with this. So far most mine does is start to wobble in and outward.... haven't really gotten it to fully dilate like i'd like to.

I noticed you mentioned chi and stuff, I kind of had a nagging feeling about it being related, which has had me researching qi gong specifically due to the breathing exercises they use, and that I know my breathing becomes rather slowed when I incite the sensations. I'm lazy though so I haven't really been to keen on "practice" but thats just because I haven't had anything to usefull come from it (the sensation is cool enough to use just to feel it occasionally, i get a calming feeling from it that eventually turns to feeling sleepy depending on how much I try to exert out of it.

If any of you guys want to read more experiences in this matter I highly recommend going to the link I provide. There are plenty of people who like me can only do it with either specific kinds of thoughts and tend to have a easier time with that right song playing, there are also those who claim having been doing it for a while and learned to do it at the drop of a hat and to be able to do it longer than a few seconds; hours-days.

www.thenakedscientists.com...

Lets keep the topic goin :3

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Well, just wanted to bump this to state that I too can control goosebumps, with one signature difference. My goosebumps are also accompanied by a sense of euphoria, such that my entire body relaxes. It comes in waves, which are visible over my arms and legs as it happens, and the feelings are overwhelming. It's best used during meditation exercises or when going to sleep, as any other time it's a really big distraction.

In a similar vein, I can control, to some small degree, my pupil size. It takes deliberate focus, but it is controllable. It makes acclimating to a dark room easier, that's for sure!

Anyway, from what I've found during my studies, the sensation is due to the exertion of Qi, or Chi from the body.

TheBorg
exactly, it is a force so great inducing trances that makes your whole body tremble and resonate , once u feel it , u can hold it ,make it grow , develop and direct. it has no limits and indeed your eyes may become scary to others ,

top topics

join