It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Conspiracy & why you believe...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Good and evil have been around for eons. It's a feelng in your gut or when you feel your concious telling you what is right.

It is true that many people in history have done evil and called it good, but so have the righteous. I know I am talking about the church and not Jesus or God, but rarely are the lower people on the totem committing mass atrocity.

Each of of us has the answer to good and evl in us, wether we have had the Bible, Jesus or God in our lives or not.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by harmnoone
If I recall right, Paul who could write, dictatated what he wanted to say to

a scribed.Paul as a mystic ( mystic=one who talks to God )

I must be a Mystic .as i say grace Anyway as I told my son the thought of

going to heaven is a nice thought gives me a warm fuzzy.

Yes... I would have to say that you are a Mystic!
If you put out a book, I'll read it!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
reply to post by Jkd Up

Jesus' blood is the blood of the New Covenant. Jesus' died to cover for our sins.

We are saved by grace not by works. Many of the prophets in the Old Testament were terrible sinners but they had Faith and it was counted on to them as Righteousness.

This is true.... And undisputable if you follow the theology... But Jesus was a man. Only that part can be documented (though even that is hard to do...)

It's a house of cards... If you believe in one thing it covers it all... But if you cannot proove or sufficently believe in one aspect, the house falls.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

They might have desired to, but it seems a little sloppy. We all know what happens to stories the more they are told... They are embellished.

I can agree with you that the Vadican is more than likely hiding scriptures written by Jesus Himself. I bet you they got alot of scriptures.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I can agree with you that the Vadican is more than likely hiding scriptures written by Jesus Himself. I bet you they got alot of scriptures.

as i have written on page 1 of this thread why isn't there a first hand account or teaching written by jesus himself? why is everything is according " to st. so and so? then its just that, all hearsays.
the blokes in the CoN may not have an inkling how big they would be but it was and still is the Vatican's imprimatur during the dark ages that really ''sealed" it for posterity.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising.

Look when you put out a best seller, people expect a sequel. In this case it's a trilogy.

"Christ 2.5" is testing in Alpha phase now.

Now it is true that Christ 1.5 had flaws. For that, we hired a leading research firm and had them fish out the details. To make a long story short....Nobody, is getting out of here alive. Therefore, those who are living, every being that shares a "living breath". Living because, you and those before you that generated to your generation. It is their shoulders that have lifted you up and their continuity of passing the spirit along, and not forsaking it, but continuing the son of man, "Generation to Generation" that comprised the 1.5 Edition.

With Christ 2.5, life just got easy.

Brought to you by the generation who the Dove settled on....Peace Man.
Rock and Roll

"All we are saying is give peace a chance"....The apostle John Lennon

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can't buy a group of romans,greeks or jews getting together and saying "hey, we can now control the masses! Lets say this guy Jesus that claimed he was God got crucified by order of pilate" and then proceed to forge every book in the NT which wouldn't be compiled for another 200+ years....I have an easier time believing that there was some guy hanging around 2000 or so years ago claiming he was God and backing it up.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The OP is sharing opinions from a modern day context. It must be noted that in the times of Jesus, the masses' way of communicating was through story and word of mouth. It's not like they could all write and read. In all probability Jesus' fame spread through stories and word of mouth. Once his fame reached monumental level. Only certain scholars who were true to their consciences said we gotta get this stuff written down. Hebrew scripts were famous for their accuracy and exactness when copying down written word. So much so that the originals were laid over top of the copied texts. If they were not a perfect match they were started again.

It should also be pointed out that it was probably illegal to write about such rebel rousers who say that the poor are just as if not more entitled as the rich and positioned members of society.

Marcus Garvey said, We do not realize history when we are living through it. I am sure that the message and works of Jesus was common knowledge for long before they were written down and made available to the masses in written word. After all who would have read them?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by sparrowstail
The OP is sharing opinions from a modern day context. It must be noted that in the times of Jesus, the masses' way of communicating was through story and word of mouth. It's not like they could all write and read. In all probability Jesus' fame spread through stories and word of mouth.

Jesus was not famous at all.
No-one contemporary ever even heard of him.

Philo didn't mention Jesus, nor Seneca, nor Justus of Tiberias, nor Plutarch...

Originally posted by sparrowstailOnce his fame reached monumental level. Only certain scholars who were true to their consciences said we gotta get this stuff written down.

Rubbish.
Christian BELIEVERS wrote stories, later some historians reported those beliefs.

But no scholars or historians directly recorded Jesus at all.

Originally posted by sparrowstailHebrew scripts were famous for their accuracy and exactness when copying down written word. So much so that the originals were laid over top of the copied texts. If they were not a perfect match they were started again.

Rubbish.
Every single NT manuscript is different from every other.

And another example - the famous Dead Sea Scrolls copy of Isaiah had so many differences that modern bibles have been CHANGED to suit.

Originally posted by sparrowstailIt should also be pointed out that it was probably illegal to write about such rebel rousers who say that the poor are just as if not more entitled as the rich and positioned members of society.

Wrong.
Many 'rebel rousers' were mentioned in early histories.

Originally posted by sparrowstailMarcus Garvey said, We do not realize history when we are living through it. I am sure that the message and works of Jesus was common knowledge for long before they were written down and made available to the masses in written word. After all who would have read them?

Wrong.
Paul didn't know the teachings of Jesus, nor did the rest of the early NT epistles, nor any miracles, or healings etc...

The Gospel story of Jesus of Nazareth was unknown until early-mid 2nd century.

K.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Amazing way of putting it! Bravo! I don't think I've ever heard it explained that way, but I like it
Thank you for that!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
The OP is sharing opinions from a modern day context. It must be noted that in the times of Jesus, the masses' way of communicating was through story and word of mouth. It's not like they could all write and read. In all probability Jesus' fame spread through stories and word of mouth. Once his fame reached monumental level. Only certain scholars who were true to their consciences said we gotta get this stuff written down. Hebrew scripts were famous for their accuracy and exactness when copying down written word. So much so that the originals were laid over top of the copied texts. If they were not a perfect match they were started again.

It should also be pointed out that it was probably illegal to write about such rebel rousers who say that the poor are just as if not more entitled as the rich and positioned members of society.

Marcus Garvey said, We do not realize history when we are living through it. I am sure that the message and works of Jesus was common knowledge for long before they were written down and made available to the masses in written word. After all who would have read them?

Thank you for that great post!

You are correct, times have changed indeed, but this couple of centuries of story telling couldn't have ever been embellished?

Also, it might have been rebel rousing, however, Christians were in power as a majority soon thereafter so it couldn't have been too much of a crime...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join