It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by sirnex

Also if there was a "destroys all other universes" universe would not it be plausible that there would be a "preserves all other universes" universe? To use your line of thinking. As I said tis not I who is limiting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wouldn't the universe that preserves the other ones have to be somehow made after the other one ended all of them? Or how would it know to do it.

And if it does it ahead of time, what if a universe is made up that destroys all other universes before their creation? That could potentially be ours in the future, since we know ours exists.

I just don't subscribe to this theory. I used to, but logic won out.

I'm not offending anyone who does believe in it. I just believe that with this, something would happen that would end all existence in any universe without hope. Or perhaps I'm being too negative.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Reply to post by Our Lord And Master

Firstly, let me say you are allowed your opinion. But, logic doesn't factor into your argument, biased opinion called logic on the other hand.... What you just did was said was "If it was true it has to happen like this. Thus it's not true." despite the fact that it a could've happend doesn't it would that way. What if it was true and both hypothetical realities came into being simultaniously.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

It has, does, or will exist the concepts are ideas that have probabilities to become finite continuums within the infinity that all is. We are all the one creator, the infinity, the one infinite creator.

Although all DOES exist within the eternal present considering time is actually an illusion of the dense physical illusion that we now choose to enjoy while in incarnation.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
there are great philosophers that agree with that. as do I. Science is investigating a theory that our universe is endless, therefore every possible combination of elements are possible. what does this mean? there is a define number although astronomical that exist. those combinations are not endless like our universe. so when you break it down every possible path you take in life is being simultaneously by you somewhere in the universe. so in short you are just one of a billion you's that exist. every possible direction your life could of taken is being lived out by you somewhere in the universe. possibilities are endless. what did you dream of as a kid? who did you crush on even if it was someone famous. the key is it had to mean something to you personally. and somewhere at some point its happening right now you are living it. but before you go and say wow ill love to meet those other me. the same theory says if you where to meet an alternative you and touch you cant occupy the same space and would literally blink out of exsistance. somewhere you are the famous actor actress or singer you dreamed of. its really the theory of everything. when we leave here our bodies we find we didnt just live once we live billions of times in every possible way. with every possible outcome. good bad and ugly. to: palg1

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
In my opinion, all possible worlds exist as potentialities in the all-encompassing Void. If there is Creation, then there must also be Un-creation. Therefore some, not all, possible worlds are expressed in Creation, while the rest remain in Un-creation. Only together do they constitute the Infinite. If every possible thing exists in Creation, that negates Non-Existence entirely. If this is so, then the Infinite is not really infinite at all, rendering your argument false.
As an aside, we humans think in binary terms. There could be modalities beyond Existence and Non-Existence that our minds could never grasp. To put it bluntly, I find the "every possible combination of atoms exists because the universe is so big" argument rather prosaic.

M

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Imagination is interesting, however it is possible for a creative mind to fabricate things that currently do not exist in time - even if there is infinity, there are still things that have yet to exist, and we can try to come up with instances of events that have never occurred before.

In the higher sense "infinity" can exist however you need "time" in order to experience something at all - when things occur in "time" we experience them. If time is infinite in the linear sense, then we will actually never live to see all of infinity being born into existence, however, that would be the reason why time would not "end".

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Primordial
Ok, so I'm going to try an experiment.

I am imagining an arrow. Not just an ordinary arrow, a magic intelligent arrow. This arrow can pass through space and time in an instant. Faster than light... instantly. It can traverse dimensions, passing from one to another at will. It can pass between universes, also at will, in an instant. Anyone struck by this arrow dies. No chance, dead. It is one bad ass indestructible arrow.

This arrow is relentless and NEVER misses it's mark. Once a target is picked, it can travel anywhere. In no more than 5 seconds it can find and strike it's target no matter where, in whatever dimension, in any universe.

.... ....

I am the target.

Me. This me. Not another me in another dimension or another universe, nor another time. The me typing this to you right now. If it finds it's target (me) there should be no more communication from me.

I should be dead already.

I have purposely waited...it's been a few minutes.

I am still here.

Theory failed. Sorry.

What beautiful, comedic genius !! Bravo !!
Loved it !

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: genma

None of what you say is true. I cannot prove that to you, but I don't think I have to. You already know this is just a figment of your imagination as well. Just search your mind, body, and soul. The answers we've been seeking have always been with us.

Now, an honest question, do you think I've adequately debunked your belief that there are an infinite number of universes? If not, then why would you think this post adequately proves your thesis that anything I can imagine exist?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join