It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Um, how can anyone show you any other "reality" when we exist in but one? It's rather illogical to ask for proof given the subject matter. Give especially our current limitations.
And by extension, look at the sheer probability against life, humanity, you or I existing. Yet we do.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I never said most things couldn't be possible, but just because something could be possible doesn't necessarily mean it is possible. I just thing sometimes people take an idea that they think they totally get and there sooo deep and creative yadayada, and we just totally don't get it, yeah, k I get it, I can think on that level too, your not that special. You all need to realize that you are talking about possibilities, and just as possible as your possible possibility is possible doesn't mean that possibly your possibilities possibly arn't poo dung!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

Star and Flag for you.

I too have come to the same conclusion after learning that some scientists believe the Universe will expand and contract an infinite number of times each new "Creation" would be another dimension. If it is infinite that means time becomes meaningless and therefore there is just NOW, one moment, one infinite instant in which everything and nothing exists simultaneously (including anything you can imagine as well as an infinite number of things beyond imagination).

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Like I said, it's all probability. There are no impossibilities. And IF space is infinite or all the possibilities of reality have a "dimension" in which they are expressed improbability becauses reality. At least under the right conditions. I think you are criticising me for not understanding while not even understanding what I am saying.
Case in point, look at the sheer odds against you or I or our whole species or even life at large muchless even our planet and solar system existing here right now and talking to each other over the thing mankind created called the internet.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is a load of nonsense, you can't prove that statement in any way. This is what happens when you abandon logic and reason.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
ill never convince you so ill stop trying . . .

Yep. Too bad, I was just going to say that why does other universes have to play by the same rules? By the very meaning they are separate from ours, they don't need to follow any of our logic or physics. Again with the "Thats crazy! I disagree!" thing. Different universe could mean different laws, I don't see why they should follow ours... Different countries don't have the same laws as ours, same concept kinda.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

No more than you can prove yours.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I believe this also, as nothing can exist without knowledge, such as dreams. Could it be that when you dream you actually enter for a time another time space dimension...?

I think the key is knowledge. On the quantum level knowledge must be pure and total, but as you get into larger levels of space and time you get broken up pieces of knowledge that are everywhere. BTW, I heard that the LHC at CERN is claimed by some scientists to be having breakdowns caused by a futer event where knowledge flows back in time to disrupt the event to occur thus preventing the revelation of certain quantum elements.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Very good post, I came to a similar conclusion in my early teens as I was one of those people who had to question absolutely everything in life which was my early introduction into philosophy and also the start of my spiritual journey. There are certain aspects of this that do trouble me a lot though...because its impossible to determine weather we created the known universe or the known universe created us and we are ALSO the product of thought, and in turn that makes almost every step mankind has taken since day one seem completely pointless.
I suppose the universe is so incomprehensibly big that we will never know the answer while prisoners on this rock.

But it is a good way of reminding ourselves that we are capable of so much more...The very fact that we exist is evident enough that there IS A BETTER WAY.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No, you are leaping of the ledge of certainty when you say things like there are no impossibilities. You don't know that and for that matter if all things are possible than it is possible for something to be impossible, but this is all silly talk for people to have while drinking whine and cheese and feeling absolutely enlightening. I can give my respects to any and all theory when I say that they are possible, but that is not a certainty and I think it's foolish to eliminate the idea there are real impossibilities our there.... But right now at this moment in time it sure is impossible to know the true answers to everything we seek, including this one.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I found things exist that I could not imagine.
So after that I think the imagination goes nowhere for me.
I have a knack for following the trend on how to fit in the unknown
with the trivial scraps left by the elite that is real and find the elite
messages will continue to bury anything detrimental to themselves
with controls on hordes of agents and minions under the agents control.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

And you are here to feel special about yourself by bombing on them. Simple fact of the matter is every impossibility you or I can think of can happen given the right set of conditions.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

lol. That has to be one of the funniest things i have ever read...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

we all want to feel special.....weeeeeee. But more likely I just like to argue with people when they say something is so that they can't possible know ........ I have never truly shut it down, just given my reasons why I think it's improbable yet.....possible.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by genma

Star and Flag for you.

I too have come to the same conclusion after learning that some scientists believe the Universe will expand and contract an infinite number of times each new "Creation" would be another dimension. If it is infinite that means time becomes meaningless and therefore there is just NOW, one moment, one infinite instant in which everything and nothing exists simultaneously (including anything you can imagine as well as an infinite number of things beyond imagination).

are you sure that it was scientist that said this and not Kevin Spacey or uhm excuse me Prot

I wanna tell you something Mark, something you do not yet know, that we K-PAXians have been around long enough to have discovered. The universe will expand, then it will collapse back on itself, then will expand again. It will repeat this process forever. What you don't you know is that when the universe expands again, everything will be as it is now. Whatever mistakes you make this time around, you will live through on your next pass. Every mistake you make, you will live through again, & again, forever. So my advice to you is to get it right this time around. Because this time is all you have.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

By also saying things you can't truly know? Also you have not used the word probability til just now. I have been the one using that word.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
:Yawn:
So there is a universe where Howie Mandell is God?? And pretzels eat people for breakfast??

I get the IDEA...but to be SO incredibly open is just ridiculous...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

Why is it ridiculous?
This is an impossible second line.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I havn't said anything I couldn't possibly know. I know that it's possible and I know that I feel that it's improbable. But I do get your reasoning.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

I appear to have confused you with another. I do apologise.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join