It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

great so that free energy device i thought of to save the world's problems.. is already been made by some six legged hairless wombat type dude?

skrew it... no point in doing anything now.

all been done.

no point in using your imagination folks.. move along... i'ts already been done.. boooring .. yesterdays news... been done...

-

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
At this very moment I am thinking of a death ray in another universe that crosses into our universe and destroys us all. Kiss your asses goodbye!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by reasonable]

I just imagined a giant hairy baboon who eats death rays from other universes for breakfast and then has a massive bowel movement on people who imagine giant death rays from other universes destroying this one. Better get your umbrella!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Everything can exist, but their existence does not mean that it is determined to be a true physical manifestation. While that is the intent of the OP that would limit existence to a physical manifestation. While other universes clearly can have manifestations that are not physical at all as there is no physical property to that universe. Therefore a universe that has no physical properties but only has existence in the form of energy or an idea, something like a video game could exist in that universe, and exist in truth of laws of physics in that universe but not exist in the physical sense that we conclude in this universe by our limited understanding of only 4 dimensions which is a object in time.

Therefore it is entirely possible Donkey Kong and Pacman do exist. However that existence does not have to be anything more than what conforms to the rules of that universe. That universe could be an energy cloud of ideas that is a alternative universe to this one and does not have any physical form as that does not exist in that universe.

Additionally video games do exists, they exist as games in this universe. While they are not a physical reality they are a reality that is something as we all can mention it and agree that it does exist.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeTo23

Energy is an inherent property of matter, so your universe of non-physical things couldn't exist as non-physical if it contained something with energy as then it would inherently contain something with physical properties and would be no different then reality itself. And if you throw in the sacred geometry of the harmonic ohm of twelve fifths degree plasmic radius fields, I win.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think this thread says alot about the direction of ATS. While the many worlds interpratation is interesting it hasn't been validated or even left the notebooks and publications of mathmaticians and physicist.

Its not been tested and is highly speculative. The premise of the thread is also untestable and logically invalid. There is constraints on possibilities and reality. Not everything is possible only the possible is possible.

We exsist, which rules out the possibility that everything imaginable is possible. If the OP statement were true and i said it earlier and will again then somewhere something would have figured out how to destroy the multiverse and then did it. Obviously we're still here.

It seems to me that ATS is going south in its quality. This thread posits no new information no hypothysis for which evidence can be given and certainly doesn't address any conspiracy. . . . We've gone from a great community of thinkers with penatrating minds to a short bus given to flights of fancy without care or desire for evidence. . . .

Just one day i would like to log in and see 4 great well thought out threads with evidence and a bases for the line of thought on the main board. Not these distinctly over-rated one paragraph conjectures with no supporting data.

just a humble opinion however.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This was on History's the Universe, since the multiverse is infinite, there are infinite chances of things happening in multiple dimensions.

It's incredibly mind boggling.

This reminds me of Exitmundi's site, he discusses many end of the world scenerios and one of them is matter will stop existing as we know it but after a googol years matter will start reapearing at random and infinititly, so anything could materialize at that point.

www.exitmundi.nl...

I believe that is the link, enjoy.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think we should have a philosophy 101 thread so people can actually understand whats posted.

First of all, no one can truly prove anything 100% and I exist. Those might be the only true things that are 100% certain.

Second of all, to truly understand philosophy (which this is one of the few actual threads on here) you need to forget and question everything you think you know about the world and start from the beginning.

In regards to the OP I'll try to form a logical explanation:

If someone told you or you read about the president of the US "He's a tall black man named Barack Obama... etc." How would you prove that he exists? You're not acquainted with Mr. Obama and most likely the person who told you wasn't either. So from that you would have to agree that knowledge by description is possible. And suppose someone told you about a table made of pure diamond. What would be the difference of the first example? The table doesn't exist, you would say. But isn't a description a valid form of proof of existence? Yes. So if you can describe it, it cant not exist. So by the OP's ∞ universe theory it can be a physical manifestation somewhere.

But what about a five legged dog that eats only wii remote controllers? That can't possibly exist! It's too crazy!

If you have a grain of sand, is it considered a pile? What about two? Three? At what point is a pile a pile? At what point is something unbelievable? With that logic, everything has a equal possibility of existing.

If I was rambling I'm sorry. My philosophy class was just incredible and I fel like I should interject.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So, there is actually a Yu-Gi-Oh! world where everything happened just like the anime (hologram monsters, plots to take over the world, all the dueling, all the same names).
Now, that's cool.

Sure wish I could be in that universe.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun

I think we should have a philosophy 101 thread so people can actually understand whats posted.

First of all, no one can truly prove anything 100% and I exist. Those might be the only true things that are 100% certain.

Second of all, to truly understand philosophy (which this is one of the few actual threads on here) you need to forget and question everything you think you know about the world and start from the beginning.

In regards to the OP I'll try to form a logical explanation:

If someone told you or you read about the president of the US "He's a tall black man named Barack Obama... etc." How would you prove that he exists? You're not acquainted with Mr. Obama and most likely the person who told you wasn't either. So from that you would have to agree that knowledge by description is possible. And suppose someone told you about a table made of pure diamond. What would be the difference of the first example? The table doesn't exist, you would say. But isn't a description a valid form of proof of existence? Yes. So if you can describe it, it cant not exist. So by the OP's ∞ universe theory it can be a physical manifestation somewhere.

But what about a five legged dog that eats only wii remote controllers? That can't possibly exist! It's too crazy!

If you have a grain of sand, is it considered a pile? What about two? Three? At what point is a pile a pile? At what point is something unbelievable? With that logic, everything has a equal possibility of existing.

If I was rambling I'm sorry. My philosophy class was just incredible and I fel like I should interject.

actually we have an entire section devoted to philosophy and psychology

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
I think this thread says alot about the direction of ATS. While the many worlds interpratation is interesting it hasn't been validated or even left the notebooks and publications of mathmaticians and physicist.

It has been validated by John Titor:

Titor further claimed that the "Everett-Wheeler model of quantum physics" was correct. This model, better known as the many-worlds interpretation, posits that every possible outcome of a quantum decision actually occurs in a separate "universe". Titor stated that this was the reason the grandfather paradox would not occur; following the logic of the argument, Titor would be killing a different John Titor's grandfather in a timeline other than his own.
"...The grandfather paradox is impossible. In fact, all paradox is impossible. The Everett-Wheeler-Graham or multiple world theory is correct. All possible quantum states, events, possibilities, and outcomes are real, eventual, and occurring. The chances of everything happening someplace at sometime in the superverse is 100%."[8]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Agreed OP. Something I have often thought about myself...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah, that's called God. Through him, all things are possible. It's funny because I just came off a post about atheists who don't believe God or in the existance of God but will believe this concept. Crazy ain't it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

It has been validated by John Titor:

Titor further claimed that the "Everett-Wheeler model of quantum physics" was correct. This model, better known as the many-worlds interpretation, posits that every possible outcome of a quantum decision actually occurs in a separate "universe". Titor stated that this was the reason the grandfather paradox would not occur; following the logic of the argument, Titor would be killing a different John Titor's grandfather in a timeline other than his own.
"...The grandfather paradox is impossible. In fact, all paradox is impossible. The Everett-Wheeler-Graham or multiple world theory is correct. All possible quantum states, events, possibilities, and outcomes are real, eventual, and occurring. The chances of everything happening someplace at sometime in the superverse is 100%."[8]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

oh my were looking to john titor for answers. . . please tell me you we're trying to be funny

The posts were met with skepticism when they were being posted, but it was impossible to prove beforehand that they would not happen. Because Titor claimed the many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics was correct, effectively meaning that his travel was from a parallel universe and that things could occur differently than he had predicted, the details he presented were unfalsifiable.

One of Titor's earliest assertions was that CERN would discover the basis for time travel sometime around 2001, with the creation of miniature black holes about half a year after his departure. This did not occur. An article occurring generally around the time he had predicted about miniature black holes being created by CERN (a recurring theme, also ascribed to Fermilab and Brookhaven at various times[13]) was taken by some to be evidence of this claim; but these events did not occur either. Civil war was not even remotely close to breaking out after the 2004 presidential election, with no further conflict in 2008 in the way Titor described.

A particularly obvious example involves the Olympics, whereof Titor claimed: "As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004."[14] The uneventful staging of the 2006 Winter Olympics refutes this claim; however, there were arguments as to whether or not Titor was referring exclusively to the Summer Olympics.[15] Though the successful realization of the 2008 Summer Olympics clearly refutes Titor's prediction, the website www.johntitor.com points to some of the controversies of the opening ceremonies, such as Lin Miaoke lip-synching and fireworks being computer simulated as suggestive that the entire Olympics were faked.

Titor was a fraud. . . . now this is the kind of garbage i was reffering to when i said quality here is on the decline

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Titor was a fraud. . . . now this is the kind of garbage i was reffering to when i said quality here is on the decline

John Titor was a real time traveller.
Some of his events that he said didn't happen because we are in a different universe than he is in with different enough outcomes. Different events can happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

actually we have an entire section devoted to philosophy and psychology

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice snippy little comment. I was talking about a locked thread within that board to cover basic terms and such about philosophy. But let me ask you (since you know so much about philosophy and said the OP was illogical):

What was illogical about my last post?

What is knowledge?

And if "all things that exist, exist" (or something like that you said) Define "Exist"

Or don't answer, I doubt you could say anything that I didn't already know without searching around.

And there is a locked thread, but it just assumes people will know how to think logically and not use political debate methods ("well that just doesn't sound right! I disagree!")

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Imo you are taking a good concept and using your brains as a blunt force weapon against it untill it turns into the OP. Maybe this is a mutiverse, maybe it is infinite but there are always going to be rules just as ours and just because you believe something "could" exist doesn't mean it "does". I can imagine that there are things that have a 0% chance of ever happening, so what does that mean for your theory?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Reality is not limited to human imagination or human understanding. I always tell people just because they cant understand a theory doesnt mean it cant exist. It might not exist in their version of reality but in the minds of the entities that DO understand it they exist and if they exist in one they have the potential to exist in all. People love to put limitations on ideas just because they cant keep up. Great idea star and flagged.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Every rule has an an exception, for example it was once stated mankind could never fly, and that was true but he found ways around that. Impossible is merely a cookie cutter short cut for those without any imagination for whatever reason. Everything is possible, it's probability that's the crux. And if space is inifinite, many worlds theory, infinite universe model, you name it. Then that increases the odds of even highly improbable possibilities becoming realities to the point it is almost assured.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What is reality?

Honestly, sit back and think about reality. How can we be certain what we perceive as reality to be real?

How can I be certain I am real, and not just some dream or computer simulation? Am I real, and everyone else just an illusion in my own mind? Is life but a game set up by a creator? What is death, and what happens when you die?

I find it terrifying to think about this, as the more time you spend on it, the more you start to question your very existence. I actually get depressed when I think about this.

www.exitmundi.nl...

This is essentially what I am talking about. It is absolutely horrifying to think that the above might be true.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Double Eights]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
now i never said i was an expert in the philosophical arts. . . I will say though that the OP is illogical on a number of levels.

Lets start with the definition of multiverse

The multiverse (or meta-universe [metaverse]) is the hypothetical set of multiple possible universes (including our universe) that together comprise everything that physically exists: the entirety of space and time, all forms of matter, energy and momentum, and the physical laws and constants that govern them.

multiple possible universes. . . not everything is possible

Im not saying many worlds is incorrect im saying that infinite universes does not mean anything is possible.

show me a universe whre i can slam a revolving door. . . show me a universe in which a rock invents the personal computer. . . some things just aren't possible. . . it has nothing to do with lack of imagination or disbelief in the theory

its all to do with some things just aren't possible. . . you can spout all the philisophical mumbo you want that doesn't change it.

There may be infinite outcomes for any given number of events however that does not mean there are an infinite variety of initial events.

inanimate unconsious objects will never invent no matter the physics of their given universe

ill never convince you so ill stop trying . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join