It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How about this:

We are all the same entity, interacting with itself, and the concept of time is the only thing that divides us.

Example:

Time-Division Multiplexing.

Phone call A== = Conversation: AAAAAA
ABABABABABABABABABABAB
Phone call B== = Conversation: BBBBBB

For living things, that would be experience division multiplexing. Except outside our point of reference, time becomes a static 4th dimension.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by blackhatchet]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackhatchet
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, but you know it fell, and can imagine it making a sound, did it make a sound in a parallel universe?

I guess the answer the OP would provide is that it both made a sound and did not make a sound. That would be awesome, anyway

If a tree falls in the woods we know it makes a sound. Things that fall with momentum, weight, mass, and with the aid of gravity will make a sound upon impact wiith an opposite and greeater or equal force, i.e. the ground...

Just because you are not around to hear it does not matter, just like the sun sets in the east and rises in the west whether you witness it or not.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

Originally posted by blackhatchet
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, but you know it fell, and can imagine it making a sound, did it make a sound in a parallel universe?

I guess the answer the OP would provide is that it both made a sound and did not make a sound. That would be awesome, anyway

If a tree falls in the woods we know it makes a sound. Things that fall with momentum, weight, mass, and with the aid of gravity will make a sound upon impact wiith an opposite and greeater or equal force, i.e. the ground...

Just because you are not around to hear it does not matter, just like the sun sets in the east and rises in the west whether you witness it or not.

If nobody witnesses it, does it matter whether it occurs or not?

If the purpose of existence of any matter is for something to have an experience interacting with it (maybe it's not..), then things which do not provide an experience to living things need not exist (God saves brain power thinking about those bits)

[edit on 22-10-2009 by blackhatchet]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
this sounds good in theory but what your telling me is that somewhere there is a little round yellow guy that eats dots and gets chased by ghosts until he eats even bigger dots than he eats the ghosts? or a gorilla kidnaped a princess and throws barrels at the plumber thats tryin to save her? or even thats somewhere out there monkeys exist that fly and poop cookie dough ice cream?
i understaind what ur getting at and i agree to an extent.. but rather than saying every possibility exists you should say anything could exist.

Well, yes i do think that everything you take as an example does exist.

I dont know why but think that thoughts will manifest in one or another dimension or universe or whatever.

So someone at Nintendo thought of a plumber that saves princesses from the evil hands of evil turtles. so from my way of thinking that really is happening somewhere now, because those thoughts have manifested itself.

Sounds crazy but think about it. And you can prove for yourself in the astral dimensions that everything you imagine will manifest itself. So i think in this dimension in which we live our life that is the case also but it just wont manifest that fast or maybe it manifests into another dimension.

Who's to say that we dont create our entire own universes with what we think, fantasise and imagine?

For all i know the supposed god from the bible that created us could be a simple car cleaner in another dimension that just imagined planet earth and a race of species called humans. We just dont know.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Here's another crazy idea: the infinite number of universes that are just slight variations on this one (or even major variations on it) are informing the way this one plays out, like back-up or data-bank universes, or even like accompaniments or even overtones or partial harmonics of this universe...
...Any other thoughts along similar lines?

It may be true that different universe can share information with each other, but there is no reason to believe that our universe is the "main" one (the "Front Man" if you will) and all others are just "back-up singers".

Our universe may be just as equal as the rest of the infinite numbers of universes. We aren't special and stick out from the rest, but rather just "ordinary" and anonymous.

[edit on 10/22/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf
reply to post by constantwonder

If that is the outlook you have, so it shall be for you.

You may not put your shackles on me sir...

sorry mate their not my shackles their mother natures. . . .

too bad though isn't it. i really hoped the three headed unimergryphon with super intellegence and phasers for fingers that eats nothing but twinkies that have survived nuclear explosions in universes that have collapsed in on themselves destroying everything but tacobell could be my mascot

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

Hmmm. Now that is a deep theory. One we could actually try out. I imagine on our planet and our dimension, right here and now, Humans live in peace and love one another. We get along as very close brothers and sisters. And all the good things. Ok. Maybe it takes the entire population to want the same thing for it to be reality. Or we could say that any thing we can imagine are probables in an infinite universe. Nice post S&F.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

I can imagine this concept is infinitely incorrect, thus collapsing all probable universes into one singular quantum reality and becoming the sole creator of everything within this universe. -God

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Having a vivid imagination does not mean something exists. Right now I'm imagining a world shaped like a triangle that shoots missiles at itself made of wood. These missiles then blow up and become islands with nothing but apples and praying mantids. The mantids all sing "Oh glory to the TRI TRI" and their singing actually starts to take shape in the form of sweedish fish, and The Great Candy Maker. The Great Candy Maker, not to be confused with willy wonka, has a magic wand, and everytime he waves it he creates 1000 more candy makers. These candy makers then go on to flip over backwards inunison and then form a line similar to how one places dominoes when they are about to be toppled over. From that point, a great bowling ball appears from the sky and it topples over all the candy makers, just like dominoes. The candy makers, once all toppled then turn to bowling balls and drill bits. The drill bits then become politicians who cheat on their wives only no wives actually exist and the bowling balls morphe into horse carriages thata re drawn without horses.

So according to the logic in this thread all of that not only is possible but actually exists?

[edit on 22-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
He obviously has listened to the coast to coast radio program.

They just had an Indian person talking about that exact subject.

link   
Hmm very interesting. I guess i'll throw my opinion out there, and I hope I can explain it alright
phew ok. . .
The reason I finally decided that a "higher power" exists is because just the logic that something had to come from something before it(simply put)
So sure the "Big Bang" theory could be accurate but what came before that little ball of infinate density? how did "that little ball of infinate density" get there to begin with? Okay so what came before that? and that? You get my point Hah.

But you would think that everything in our universe can be traced back to something but the most remarkable thing ever is IT CAN'T! Our universe is infinate. No beginning and no end. Isn't it just spectacular that we live in "infinity"? A concept no man can grasp. So how does a single lifetime measure up to "infinity"? it doesn't. Each one of our lifetimes is infinately small. Every lifetime ever added up and and multiplied by 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 is still "infanetly" small. So back to the OP, Yes ANYTHING you can think of does exist somewhere.
Wow! Time for a cigarette!

link   

Originally posted by genma
Right now think of your wildest idea or most outlandish fantasy. Have that mental picture? Good. Now guess what. That concept exists somewhere, somehow in our limitless extra-dimensional multiverse.

I came to this conclusion a few years ago. I try not to think about it, since the more you think about it, and the more you 'think' you understand the more disturbing things get...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon

Originally posted by NatureBoy
a time / dimension travaler once told me that the most important piece of logic in understanding the many possible worlds that could and do exist is that you need an egg to break an egg.

Not everything is possible, right now i couldn't break an egg because i don't have one - the next action which i take at any time could be almost anything, i could break my laptop or i could lick it - i certainly can't break an egg though.

This then leads of course to the simple logic that only viable worlds are possible, the pokemon world can be imagined but as it breaks thermodynamics we can assume that it doesn't ever exist outside fantasy. If there is any difference between fantasy and reality is a complex issue, it all boils down to cogitio ergo sum - all we can know is we are asking the question.

the most important thing to remember is that we thinking beings are the only real decider of fate - we craft the future by our actions now, only with clarity of vision and honest understanding can we hope to do a good job.

Do you understand that you are comprised of atoms? Atoms are 99.999..% space. So, seeing that you scientifically don't even exist, why would you rely upon your 5 senses to describe Truth? I love "scientists" that refer to the 95% of DNA they don't understand as "junk DNA." I can't see it, touch it, lick it, smell it, hear it... it doesn't exist. Hell, we can only see .0005% of the universe with our sense of site. We created tools that see infrared, etc so now it exists. Do we really want to rely on our senses alone?

Natureboy,
there is an error in your thinking about the egg. There is a very small probability (but crucially above zero) that an egg will materialize into your hand at the precise moment you uttered/wrote/thought those words. So you were only correct when the collapsing wave function of the absence of an egg had already occured, by which time it is a past event and not worthy of note.

Anotherson,
spot on I agree with you, one thing I find really interesting is that there is growing evidence that dogs can smell DNA. Meaning if my sister living in australia had a dog and i visited her for the first time from the uk, even though I'd never met the dog it would know i'm family, and therefore greet me with a wagging tail as opposed to barking at mne as a threat.

Because atoms are almost entirely space, so are objects and this means that if i bounced a tennis ball on a coffee table there is a small but above zero probability that the tennis ball could fall straight through the table with no ill effects on either object. In fact if I bounce the ball long enough (just like with the infinite monkey thereom mentioned by an earlier poster) it WILL go through the table. The problem is that rather than it happening in a few hours (improbable not impossible), it is more likely to take longer than the age of the universe or 13.7 billion yrs.

sharps

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Really? Because I'm imagining a bacon double cheeseburger right now and it's still not existing. Maybe in this fantasy realm you talk about.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think what we CAN'T imagine seems to happen more often than what we do imagine.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
At this very moment I am thinking of a death ray in another universe that crosses into our universe and destroys us all. Kiss your asses goodbye!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
But the point of this existense has been to experience separation. Separation from God - Ourself. A mind bender but True.

I disagree. I believe the point of this existance is to realize that we are God. God Realization.

You and I are not we, but one. MB

PS - the video isn't working.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by corusso]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Great OP. Good to see more and more finally getting it

Funny, in reading all the derogatory remarks from those still unable to adjust to this fact ... I completely understand why the human race is not yet allowed into the greater galactic community.

In the realms where thoughts create, can you imagine having a bunch of these dorks running around shooting their death rays at other planets?

On the positive side, you OP, and so many more are realizing this. When we were children, we really knew how to live. Run, play, laugh, day dream, imagine any fantasy! Then we were brainwashed. Come on people, lose your minds, relax a bit. Wear some colors, dance, sing, paint.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

What facts? the OP said, "I can't prove any of this to all of you" and then said something about he shouldn't have to, yet you're telling me what he, yourself, others and what I typed in my previous post is fact?

[edit on 22-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Time for a musical interlude.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join