It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Maybe I`m being ignorant but could`nt the OP`s deep down feeling be grounded in Spooky action at a distance - A. Einstein`s famous entanglement equation? If imagination involves thought and thought is electrified energy, and energy is neither created nor destroyed but only changes form, why could`nt everything that we imagine exist both inside our brain and outside our brain at the same instant? What if our brain and mind are different sizes? I get a sense that my mind extends out further than my brain. Is anyone else picking that up?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Maybe I`m being ignorant but could`nt the OP`s deep down feeling be grounded in Spooky action at a distance - A. Einstein`s famous entanglement equation? If imagination involves thought and thought is electrified energy, and energy is neither created nor destroyed but only changes form, why could`nt everything that we imagine exist both inside our brain and outside our brain at the same instant? What if our brain and mind are different sizes? I get a sense that my mind extends out further than my brain. Is anyone else picking that up?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm another one that has recently discovered this possibility on my own...only to stumble on this thread.

My thoughts have been slightly different however. I began thinking, because of some recent inventions in the news, how it is funny that Star Trek and other Sci-Fi devices are slowly becoming possible. Some are even in the development stages (laser weapons, invisibility, etc.). But then I wondered...why is it we can now invent things that at one time were once impossible? And...if we eventually invent such things, can we also simply invent anything we can think of? I mean...are there limits on what is "possible" or is anything we imagine possible to invent? Its beginning to look, to me, like anything we spend enough time thinking about, eventually comes to be. Is it just that we are inventive, or is it deeper like part of the way the universe works...that what we think and consider, eventually becomes real.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't think it was meant to be interpreted as exactly what we imagine would exist physically in exactly that form; it can exist in our mind though, and it can be made real in the world, although it still may be not in that exact form. If we can imagine it, we can describe it, and convey what it was to someone else, creating a replica of it inside their head, depending on how its done it can even be a household name, pretty much everyone knows about a pair of plumber brothers that battle reptiles to save a princess... maybe it was based on dream? random brainstorming? King Anu and the reptilian Anunnak... what ever it was or is we can all associate with reference to that game many other clone games are even modeled after it. There are many stores based on non-nonsensical world (and youtube videos on that). I may have digressed or confused it a bit, but I was not coming from a logical point of view, but more a philosophical/mind possibility point of view.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by genma
Right now think of your wildest idea or most outlandish fantasy. Have that mental picture? Good. Now guess what. That concept exists somewhere, somehow in our limitless extra-dimensional multiverse. You're not crazy. Think of any video game that you've played or movie watched. Those ideas and concepts exist somewhere in tangible form. Maybe not on our planet, in our galaxy or even in our universe but somewhere they do. There's no such thing as fantasy. Reality is infinite. I'm no sage or scholar but I know deep down what I say is true. I can't prove any of this to all of you but I don't think I have to. You already knew this as well. Just search your mind, body, and soul. The answers we've been seeking have always been with us.

If all possibilities are probable through infinity, then all bets are off.

Personally, I believe we will find a simpler explanation for our universe than that proposed by string theory (such as fractal universe) which completely does away with these ideas. It would be cool if it were true though!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Awesome! I was just thinking yester-dimension, that it would be cool if a thread like this existed! And here it is! Cool!

My personal perspective is simply that to conceive of something, the thought of it exists, and it therefore, exists. To say that no one thinks of things that don't exist, is well, completely untrue.

If we consider the old "I think, therefore I am" mentality, then we must consider that if someone of an individual, whether that individual thinks or not, they also exist. To consider the state of nothingNESS negates the alleged state itself, and "nothing", therefore, becomes "something".

So now we must consider that instead of wondering "What if none of this exists?" are we manifesting into being a true and sentient realm where the only thing that exists is the concept of nothing?

It's like being introduced a man named What. If you say "I'm sorry, what's your name?" His answer will be yes, and your question is therefore a true STATEMENT.

So, in the end, absolutely EVERYTHING exists, whether I think it into being or not. For if I do not, someone will. I know because I thought that someone into being. . .or did that person think be into being? Guess it has to be both, or not.

To know everything is simply to know, that nothing is known. In which case we would know and not know everything and nothing. Whether it be this realm or another, the something and the nothing are One. And the One are conceived by myself at this moment, and therefore, exists. Yep, this realm or another realm or everywhere like such as?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Great post!

I was just watching this video:

Notice how they say your nervous system isn't just sending electrical on's and off's, it's sending complete holographic information. To think something, like you were saying, it has to be real. Or else you would be unable to think it. It has to exist within your brain, the whole of your complete thought, or else you would not experience it in the first place.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"The bad news is there is no key to the universe."

"The good news is it was never locked."

I believe some Swami said this. I think I read it under a Snapple bottle cap.

Great thread, great replies. Totally enjoying it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Right now think of your wildest idea or most outlandish fantasy. Have that mental picture? Good. Now guess what. That concept exists somewhere, somehow in our limitless extra-dimensional multiverse. You're not crazy. Think of any video game that you've played or movie watched. Those ideas and concepts exist somewhere in tangible form. Maybe not on our planet, in our galaxy or even in our universe but somewhere they do. There's no such thing as fantasy. Reality is infinite. I'm no sage or scholar but I know deep down what I say is true. I can't prove any of this to all of you but I don't think I have to. You already knew this as well. Just search your mind, body, and soul. The answers we've been seeking have always been with us.

While I understand what you are saying, in terms of the physical, you are correct, but there is one area of fantasy that will never be...

There is no such thing as "magic".. no matter how far you go down the rabbit hole, and there never will be.

There may be goblins and dragons somewhere out there, but magic will never be.

I like to annoy my born again christian, black magic and fairy tale loving brother about all the time. Man, he gets so mad

All I have to say is "prove it" and he gets all "World of Warcraft" on me.

I suspect I a not alone in the crazy sibling department@!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Alright let's take the "Legend of Zelda" video game series for example. I Guarantee you that there is a planet out there in the vast cosmos with a society that only borns female specimens. During a blue moon a child arises that has male attributes, a mutant (Ganon). They rever him due to his unique physique and unnatural abilities. He turns out to be evil or ill-minded. A male hero arises on the same planet, but within a different society. Is it so hard to imagine that they are destined to fight? Ganon is eventually banished and peace returns to their world. I guarantee you that a concept similar to this exists somewhere, somehow.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

I agree with you, considering there would be one probable universe out of an infinite with the probable capacity to collapse and infinite probable universe into only one probable universe, the one in which we exist would be this most highly coveted probable universe as evident by the fact that we exist within it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Alright let's take the "Legend of Zelda"
.......snip!.....
I guarantee you that a concept similar to this exists somewhere, somehow.

That concept exists exactly, but ONLY for you.

All of us reading this have a slightly different concept as the information is second hand.

Maybe and even probably it only exists "anywhere" as fantasy and imagination. Even the game itself is just a bunch of programming and hardware to display it. It is our minds through perception that create the "whole" and view a world with the things you described.

Because we as humans can imagine something doesn't mean it exists in the real world of time and dimension.

Just the imagination.

Sure, if a person imagined something and then created it, that's a different story, but most things that go on in our heads remain in there don't they?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I Guarantee you that there is a planet out there in the vast cosmos with a society that only borns female specimens.

There are already species on Earth that only contain females. I have it in a book somewhere so I can post references later if you are interested. One species is a frog or gecko if I'm not mistaken. They're just all females, and reproduce asexually. Or you could probably find it with a Google search.

Point is, the universe is absolutely brimming with the bizarre. Why? Because "bizarre" is only relative to what YOU have experienced personally. The misconception is regarding how "experienced" you actually are....

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It must be humorous to a creator, if there is one, reading this thread that our concepts of the distant universe are based on Star Trek and sci-fi novels. This creator would also have a laugh at childish man`s primitive understanding of why man exists and the attempts to apply man`s 2009 logic and rationality to answer unanswerable questions with our primitive technology.
Unfortunately man`s recent technological advances in the last 50 years or so have led to great arrogance. If man were a drinker in the pub he would have been decked by now, because he is becoming so obnoxious and selfish.
re how quickly our logic and rationality can change: check out how this Neuro-anatomist saw her arm turn into energy when she was having a stroke.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Wow... That was something else. I couldn't help but laugh and feel guilty for it. I mean, poor lady had a stroke, but then went stupid. lol

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

If you can imagine it, it exists.

I think I would amend that to say that if you can imagine it, there's no reason why it couldn't exist. The only reason for this would be that short of knowing anything to exist, short of proof, we can only reason that it could or perhaps, that it should.

Nice post

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just back from holiday I find this great thread and feel obliged to parttake in the discussion.

If there could be an infinite number of multiverses with separate laws of physics and that anything could be possible in these multiverses then there would be a multiverse where the laws of physics will be such that multiverses cannot exist.

PUF!

It has now been proven that multiverses cannot exist.

And quite frankly - since this argument/theory/fact is on the same level of most other proof on ATS, there is simply no reason to doubt it.

Ahh.
It's good to be back

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by genma

I think I will one up you.

If you can imagine it, somewhere in the Multiverse you exist as it.

Interesting idea at first until one realizes that everything from the Cthulhu Mythos, to Clive Barker, and H.R. Giger might be running around out there somewhere. All manner of horror and chaos ever conjured in thought would be out there waiting and lurking beyond the threshold of our reality.

Not a very pleasant thought.

My personal belief is that if you can imagine it, it exists as a semi stable idea in a realm somewhat like chaos and the collective unconscious. Its essentially a type of some greater archetype that we can't imagine. So the things we can't imagine exist out there as archetypes. The things we do imagine are just imitations and shadows of the ineffable.

Stop reading my mind...I keep thinking this very though on a regular basis.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Um, not exactly. The whole idea of a multiverse is that they would be different so one couldn't have "the physics" that disallow the multiverse as there wouldn't be any unifying rules or the rules for one stops at the other to speak.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar

I am. I believe that a) since everything that we "see" and accept as real is made of the exact same atoms, b) that everything our brains can't process -and is therefore deemed impossible- is made of the same thing, c) that what may seem real to me is completely imaginary to somebody else,. I conceptualize that I am part of the keyboard, and the computer and the wires that connect it to the wall, and therefore the web, and that at this very moment my cerebral atoms are in a sort of communion with everybody else that joins in the conversation.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join