It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Okay I have a giantess fetish, if I imagine a girl that like was 100 feet tall, does that mean she is that big in another dimension or something?? Doing things to me that would classify as just strange as hell and impossible??

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I can imagine God existing and can also imagine God not existing. I can imagine there being one creator.. and a group of creators. in each of these examples, both can't be true therefore this theory is bunk. Maybe if you can imagine it, it is possible is a better theory. correct me if i'm somehow wrong or not getting it.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm06002

read through some posts. in short, you can think whatever you want and it is as you percieve it to be but its existence is limited to your imagination. outside your point of view, or in reality, nothing but God exists without some thought being there first and in itslef has to have been extracted out of the realm of possibilites.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

If you can find your head, yes, that would probably give some people a fair forewarning.

So is it characteristic of the spiritually evolved to belittle people? The question I asked was a legitimate philosophical critique to the infinity argument. Sorry if it was asked already...I hadn't ready all 14 pages yet.

Also, just because I asked the question doesn't mean I didn't understand or even believe in the idea presented by the OP. I think you need to re-read the chapter in your holy book about humility.

But seriously, you have been addressed several times already.

What the hell are you talking about, and referring to!? Several times? I had posted once in this thread. And this is the first I have spoken with you.

The problem isn't with the OP but what you *think* it means.

Of course you are aware enough to know that I didn't say nearly enough for you to draw any conclusions about my understanding of the OP, its philosophy, or anything about me for that matter...

Oh spiritual superior.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil
So is it characteristic of the spiritually evolved to belittle people?

I wouldn't know, but I can tell you that it's characteristic of me personally not to care. Your response to me was facetious ('should I wear a hat?'), so I went with being facetious too ('sure, if you can find your head'). I never claimed to be any better than you or wiser than you or any nonsense like that. It's you that's coming up with all of that. I never said it.

But seriously, you have been addressed several times already.

What the hell are you talking about, and referring to!? Several times? I had posted once in this thread. And this is the first I have spoken with you.

Since the thread started, immediately people were posting the same sorts of things you posted. And in fact people have posted the same thing since you posted it. There have been at least several different responses that address misconceptions prevalent here.

Of course you are aware enough to know that I didn't say nearly enough for you to draw any conclusions about my understanding of the OP, its philosophy, or anything about me for that matter...

You posted this:

So if all things imagined exist in the 'Verse', and we can imagine the 'Verse' not existing, then how do you reconcile the fact that it does??

That's plenty enough for me to gather that you are misinterpreting the OP.

Oh spiritual superior.

Yeah, you keep saying that, and I'm going to keep playing up to it. Have you found your head yet to put that hat on, or you still feeling around?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Don't be absurd and pin that aspect on me.

You said 'small mind' you knew and I know the intent behind it. Take responsibility for it.

And now after this back and forth, you say you have just cause for saying I misinterpreted the OP. Fine.

Are you also saying my one post justified you determining I have a 'small mind'? My friend, one could turn that around on you quite easily if that is the case. By that I mean; it takes a small mind to think one could determine such a thing based on one simple internet post

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

You said 'small mind' you knew and I know the intent behind it. Take responsibility for it.

I forgot that I had even said that, but if it hurt you that bad, then fine, I take it back.

Are you also saying my one post justified you determining I have a 'small mind'? My friend, one could turn that around on you quite easily if that is the case. By that I mean; it takes a small mind to think one could determine such a thing based on one simple internet post

Sure, why not.

I still say the OP is being completely misunderstood though.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I rolls the eyes
Hurt me that bad?

Anyways.

Do you really think spiritual understanding and being a jerk are mutually compatible?

I'll keep my 'small mind' hat on for you. Just for you. If you would do me a favor and look into that humility chapter. I think world the will gain from it.... all infinite of them.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Do you really think spiritual understanding and being a jerk are mutually compatible?

Sure, why not. Someone can be "spiritual" and go out and slaughter an entire army. (Don't take my word for it, it's in the ancient and highly revered Hindu Bhagavad Gita in my signature -- with a full discourse as to why this is so.)

Bottom line is, what does it mean to you? If I call you a name and it hurts you, is that my problem or your problem? You can call me whatever names the moderators will allow if you want and I'm probably not going to remember it at all unless you come up with a really good one. I was seeing if I could provoke people into wrapping their heads around how the OP could be true. Again, accept any and all apologies if I offended you. I will tell you whatever you want to hear if you think it will make you feel any better.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Sure, why not. Someone can be "spiritual" and go out and slaughter an entire army.

I was alluding to the real meaning of the idea.. like on a metaphysical plane. Not some lip service notion of it spoken by the killers of our history books.

(Don't take my word for it, it's in the ancient and highly revered Hindu Bhagavad Gita in my signature -- with a full discourse as to why this is so.)

I have read the Gita many times, and in a couple translations. Not every interpretation takes a literal approach to the war in it. Such as Gandhi. He took it as metaphor to an inner spiritual war.

Bottom line is, what does it mean to you?

Indeed. Hence my point. You don't know. Since I haven't given reason for you to understand my meaning. Hence, determining I have a small mind is completely unfounded. And, dare I say, not very spiritual.

If I call you a name and it hurts you, is that my problem or your problem?

I answer your question with a previous answer:

Bottom line is, what does it mean to you?

You can call me whatever names the moderators will allow if you want and I'm probably not going to remember it at all unless you come up with a really good one.

You started this game... burden is on you. I asked a question. You attacked.

I was seeing if I could provoke people into wrapping their heads around how the OP could be true.

Good intent, bad approach.

Again, accept any and all apologies if I offended you. I will tell you whatever you want to hear if you think it will make you feel any better.

As soon as I am done crying and whimpering and finishing this tub of ice cream I will let you know.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Your wasting your time dude they dont get it. Its like trying to explain land to a fish. If they dont come to the conclusion of their own volition NOTHING you say will convince them and lets be honest who are we to show them anything other than what they WANT to see. The only reason i try is because i like what i see and i want to share what i see with other people. Im glad there are others on here who also see some of what i see. Its funny how some people think that information cant attained intuitively. How then do you explain a multitude of theories and idea that power the world today. Anyway what does it really matter because somewhere in the multiverse there is a version of them that does get it and a version of me that doesnt so i take small comfort in that. Dont let the dream killers kill your dreams.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm imagining giant green ants crawling through the Internet and gobbling up the OP's post.

Let me know when it happens!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Are you really that bored that you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion but that?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Are you really that bored that you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion but that?

Let's see here, I made a VERY good and succinct visual that explains the whole concept in one sentence. (Apparently ouboros is beyond comphrehension for some, but, not for all.)

Let's see here, you violated the ATS "do not attack" rule. Perhaps a "decorum and civility" notice should decorate your post.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
But Whats The Point Of Imagining It, If You Can't Get It?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just felt like posting this here. taken from this.
acim-search.miraclevision.com...

For time, according to the ego's teaching, is nothing but a teaching device for compounding guilt until it becomes all-encompassing, demanding vengeance forever.

Fear is not of the present, but only of the past and future, which do not exist. There is no fear in the present when each instant stands clear and separated from the past, without its shadow reaching out into the future.

Within this kingdom the ego rules, and cruelly. And to defend this little speck of dust it bids you fight against the universe. This fragment of your mind is such a tiny part of it that, could you but appreciate the whole, you would see instantly that it is like the smallest sunbeam to the sun, or like the faintest ripple on the surface of the ocean. In its amazing arrogance, this tiny sunbeam has decided it is the sun; this almost imperceptible ripple hails itself as the ocean. Think how alone and frightened is this little thought, this infinitesimal illusion, holding itself apart against the universe. The sun becomes the sunbeam's "enemy" that would devour it, and the ocean terrifies the little ripple and wants to swallow it.

Yet neither sun nor ocean is even aware of all this strange and meaningless activity. They merely continue, unaware that they are feared and hated by a tiny segment of themselves. Even that segment is not lost to them, for it could not survive apart from them. And what it thinks it is in no way changes its total dependence on them for its being. Its whole existence still remains in them. Without the sun the sunbeam would be gone; the ripple without the ocean is inconceivable.

Such is the strange position in which those in a world inhabited by bodies seem to be. Each body seems to house a separate mind, a disconnected thought, living alone and in no way joined to the Thought by which it was created. Each tiny fragment seems to be self-contained, needing another for some things, but by no means totally dependent on its one Creator for everything; needing the whole to give it any meaning, for by itself it does mean nothing. Nor has it any life apart and by itself.

Like to the sun and ocean your Self continues, unmindful that this tiny part regards itself as you. It is not missing; it could not exist if it were separate, nor would the Whole be whole without it. It is not a separate kingdom, ruled by an idea of separation from the rest. Nor does a fence surround it, preventing it from joining with the rest, and keeping it apart from its Creator. This little aspect is no different from the whole, being continuous with it and at one with it. It leads no separate life, because its life is the oneness in which its being was created.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by genma
The answers we've been seeking have always been with us.

I couldn't agree more with you!

It took me a big part of my lifetime to discover this and just like you I cannot proof it nor explain why it is so. But I indeed believe that ALL answers/ideas/concepts are within.

Maybe everything is happening here but also on a quantum level at the same time?

S&F!

[edit on 10/24/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If you imagine it, of course it exists....as a figment of your imagination

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NATRAsleep
But Whats The Point Of Imagining It, If You Can't Get It?
One could imagine they get it and a light could come on and illuminate the brain sector that`s in charge of imagination. Might need to dust a few childhood webs from layers of axons and dendrites with a stream of positive affirmations such as, I believe and I can do it and maybe one will find their happy place again . . . Or maybe for the first time.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Maybe I`m being ignorant but could`nt the OP`s deep down feeling be grounded in Spooky action at a distance - A. Einstein`s famous entanglement equation? If imagination involves thought and thought is electrified energy, and energy is neither created nor destroyed but only changes form, why could`nt everything that we imagine exist both inside our brain and outside our brain at the same instant? What if our brain and mind are different sizes? I get a sense that my mind extends out further than my brain. Is anyone else picking that up?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join