It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
S&F !!!

Dunno if anyone else has said this, but I reckon the mere fact that so many people have thought the same and agree with what you have said OP, means that your 'theory' is right on the money!!

Of course, I am with you 100% on this one.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
This may have been posted, so I apologize, but this is similar to the ten dimensions of reality.

I highly recommend this video to anyone! Anything and everything that's possible is possible in the 10 dimensions of reality with infinite possible universes.

this is one mans interpratation of the ten dimesnions it also clearly states that this is not the interprataion of physicists who work in the theory itself. . .

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
this sounds good in theory but what your telling me is that somewhere there is a little round yellow guy that eats dots and gets chased by ghosts until he eats even bigger dots than he eats the ghosts? or a gorilla kidnaped a princess and throws barrels at the plumber thats tryin to save her? or even thats somewhere out there monkeys exist that fly and poop cookie dough ice cream?
i understaind what ur getting at and i agree to an extent.. but rather than saying every possibility exists you should say anything could exist.

Oh oh... Bouncing Burning Babies...

Hate to see a planet/dimension where that happens...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think there are some SETH books out there that talk about this... I love this idea and believe it is possible.

I also think the bible tells us something like, we will become like god eventually... or perhaps god like is more appropriate...

Good Post...S&F'd

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by DOADOA

Just because you say it cannot doesnt mean it cannot. Anyway this is all based on theory and probability. What we are talking about is the creation of a reality based on an idea. So your brain turning to chocolate might result in a chocolate brain. either way once the universe is created it will run the course it might last 5 minutes 5 seconds or 5 million years.

yeah ok universe filled with pinata and snickers bar the size of galaxies caused by a water molecule that is obama etc...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Dont get me wrong i think its absurd too but its your universe. If i were you i would invest that creativity a little more constructively. Or dont its up to you. Look believe whatever you want to believe i couldnt care less i just think you limit yourself and your potential by imposing limitations on your imagination. I just cant understand why some people are so against this idea? Its not like its going to change their lives or increase their mortgage. Maybe subconsciously they know its true and cant come to grips with the implications of an unlimited amount of variations of themselves.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I think the best way to describe this theory is with the old " I think, therefore I am" argument, changed to " I've thought about it, therefore it is".

It's a relativistic theory, meaning it's relative the the observer. If you can imagine something, for that moment in time, it exists to you. It may not exist to everyone else, but it does to you.

The strange thing is that if you describe it to someone else, then it also exists to them.

Ya gotta love philosophy, the mind f*ck of the universe!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think what a lot of people cant seem to grasp is the thread title is a dead giveaway. "If you can imagine it, it exists" That includes the the thread title. If you can imagine the theory it exists. If you cant then it wont make sense to you. I can safely say i can imagine such a theory. regardless if we are right or wrong is inconsequential the mere fact that i can see the possibility is enough for me.

Personally i would rather be able to see all possibilities and then choose from the one i liked the best rather than having only a limited few to choose from, but thats just me.

To each his own.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I am imagining a small, nondescript black box, which contains a very special mechanism.

This device, when activated, permanently erases all matter and energy in the Universe from existence. Impossible, you say? but I am imagining it! i reply.

Now, it is a very special device, in my imagination. Not only does it destroy the Universe in which it exists-- it annihilates the entire Multiverse, removing all that is, was, and ever shall be, in every divergent timeline of every dimension of every Universe, in the blink of an eye.

now I am imagining that it was activated last week.

but we are still here, right?

so what's the deal? i am genuinely disappointed here.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Read the history.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

hahaha im fairly certain no human has the capability to ACTUALLY IMAGINE SUCH A DEVICE. In fact im pretty confident no entity does. we are talking about infinity to the power of infinity. (jokes. infinity to the power of infinity is still infinity) but just to illustrate my point. Our feeble minds dont have the computing power to imagine the entire multiverse just parts of it.

But just for arguments sake lets say such a device existed and it did destroy the multiverse. what makes you think there is only one multiverse?

First prove to me you have the mental stamina, focus and comprehension to carry out such an imagining and i might consider your argument. I think you severely underestimate how many realities you would have to imagine being destroyed or you over estimate your own focus.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
A thought, may be its an is.

We are not going into a fearful future or living the effects of a fearful past,
but are returning to the present were all is and happens and were every thing started.
Spirit as appears from my human perspective, is my mind the air I breath all that I eat and drink, feel touch see hear do say or think.
It all seems separate as I look from my human perception if I am not
centered in the present.
When centered in the present all is recognized as spirit and in truth
a healing of fear and a knowing of happiness. within and around all
seeming separate things.
The mind is the maker of separation and the truth is spirit, as all around and within all.
Mind is were spirit and maker of separation meet, were truth dispels and heals all fear
and all experiences of the world become a release of well-being in the present moment.

A returning to the present

[edit on 23-10-2009 by way I man]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
so if I imagine that there is a woman.. "somewhere out there" with boobs the size of, oh say.. the state of Texas, then you are saying it exists? Riiiiight..

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
so somehow, somwwhere man has created a bridge to the moon which is constructed entirely of male members... cool!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I imagine I started this thread and got all the stars, flags and points that come along with it.

I also imagine that me and Soledad O'Brien from CNN are involved in an extra-marital affair since we both enjoy "dress-up" during romantic encounters wearing only stilts and oven mitts. (Sorry to be kinky, but the oven mitts must be left handed and always point west.)

Nice thread, glad I started it. I'm welcome.

I'm pleased I made no mistakes / edits.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

see, that's not how it works. if your theory is correct, the existence of the device shouldn't be contingent on any one entity actually actively imagining it. these things aren't being brought into being through force of will, they exist because of the infinite nature of reality, or so your argument seems to declare.

and what if I imagined a being who was capable of fully comprehending the full scope, and every minute detail, of all existence? what if i imagined that they were imagining the device i mentioned?

the theory is full of holes; taken to its logical extremes, as I am attempting to do, it's patently silly.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Read the history.

do you mean the whole thread? because i'm not gonna slog through 13 pages of this crap to make you happy. what are you trying to point out?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Here's a little game we used to play as kids (and I still play on a regular basis, every single night before I go to sleep), that could make anything you can think of, become reality:

1. Close your eyes and put your hands over your ears.
2. Picture exactly what it is that you want.
3. ...
4. Success!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think this too also, that everything anyone on earth can imagine, is already here and has been developed.

People say things like time travel is crazy, thats only because they are lead to believe that, and of course time travel is a dangerous thing, but lots of dangerous things exist. Scorned women are dangerous and they exist, lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primordial

reply to post by Primordial

What if the arrow killed and alternate version of yourself. That would still leave you to be skeptical and post. The flaw isnt with the theory but the experiment.

I covered that. It would have to kill this me, in this dimension, in this time so that I could not reply to this thread. But I have, so it doesn't exist as I imagined.

The flaw is with the OP.

If he had said in an infinite time frame it's possible for anything to manifest, we would have no way to test this other than theoretical guesswork. That's not what was stated and not a theory I tested.

Simplest answer is that there is no "THIS ME". Your would have to imagine an infinite amount of arrows killing an infinite amount of you's for the experiment to work. Your would have better luck wishing yourself back in time so your never replied to this post. I understand that your replying to the OP im just trying to explain to you that even if the OP is flawed and im not saying it is the multiverse theory is not.

But see, now you are moving the bar again. The simplest answer is that THERE IS NO ARROW.

First, it wasn't me but another me. So I made a declaration that it is me, this me. But now, oh no, can't be. It must be that THERE IS NO ME!

That is my problem with these kinds of philosophies. One is expected to believe it regardless of evidence or logic. When the theory doesn't work out the rules are changed. First, all things exist in an infinite multiverse simply because we can imagine it. When I show this to be incorrect, I am the subject of ad-hom attacks and told how I just don't understand, then the rules change. It always is another me, or now there is no me!

You can philosophize all day if you want. The thing is, if the original theory is true that ALL THINGS that can be imagined exist then all the ridiculous things thought up in this thread MUST exist.

My experiment with the arrow is a perfect example of what I am saying. I stated my theory based on the OP. When it didn't work out, the claims changed to that it must be another me in another universe/timeline. When I said, no, it is me here and now...it then changed to 'there is no me'. If this theory is true, and we can affect all these other universes, why not ours?

The point was then brought up that we don't actually create these things by thinking of them but that because the multiverse is infinite they must already exist. So, thinking of the flying spaghetti monster doesn't actually create one you silly boy. But, see it doesn't matter either way. Whether my mind created it or I was only able to think of it because it already exists somewhere in some alternate reality, the fact remains according to the OP, that it does exist. That's all that matters to the OP.

Then of course you have others bringing up healing and stopping bullets with their hands, which has nothing to do with the op or his theory THAT ALL THINGS EXIST. I am in full agreement that the human mind and body is capable of things science cannot explain, I have experienced some myself, just not that the human mind has INFINITE potential.

I am still here posting, therefor my arrow does not exist in the form I imagined simply because I imagined it does. Though I didn't post it all I have tried to think of any loopholes and fill them. Yes, yes, I know... there must be infinite loopholes, infinite possibilities and infinite universes and timelines for these infinite loopholes to mainifest so I'm stupid for not buying it...ok.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Primordial]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join