It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Right now think of your wildest idea or most outlandish fantasy. Have that mental picture? Good. Now guess what. That concept exists somewhere, somehow in our limitless extra-dimensional multiverse. You're not crazy. Think of any video game that you've played or movie watched. Those ideas and concepts exist somewhere in tangible form. Maybe not on our planet, in our galaxy or even in our universe but somewhere they do. There's no such thing as fantasy. Reality is infinite. I'm no sage or scholar but I know deep down what I say is true. I can't prove any of this to all of you but I don't think I have to. You already knew this as well. Just search your mind, body, and soul. The answers we've been seeking have always been with us.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
And everything that can happen, has happened, and will happen.

The deeper theoretical physics goes, the weirder things get. My personal belief system is falling more and more in line with current theories of quantum physics and M-theory.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow it's amazing you posted this because I recently came to the same conclusion myself. S&F

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

If you can imagine it, it exists.

I can imagine that this concept is correct.....

S+F for you, it's been one philosophical day here on ATS

Peace

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
this sounds good in theory but what your telling me is that somewhere there is a little round yellow guy that eats dots and gets chased by ghosts until he eats even bigger dots than he eats the ghosts? or a gorilla kidnaped a princess and throws barrels at the plumber thats tryin to save her? or even thats somewhere out there monkeys exist that fly and poop cookie dough ice cream?
i understaind what ur getting at and i agree to an extent.. but rather than saying every possibility exists you should say anything could exist.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I agree, but where are all that good Super Heroes??? We need them now very badly to kick the derieres of a few crooked politicians and bankers...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hes absolutely right. It's called the puzzle of non-being, anything you have a clear idea of can't not exist, because you can describe it etc. I forget how the logic part goes, but you can determine that if you have a idea of something it exists (so-to-speak) and it is possible for it to exist in the real world. So if the ∞ universes theory is right, everything we think of exists somewhere out there.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
But wouldn't this also raise the question of nothingness and the fact that I can imagine every event not happening.

How does that fit into your theory. Has and will everything and nothing and the opposite happen. Seems kind of pointless if you ask me. Like the shrodingers cat thing. The particles both exist for both situations but only one of them happens when it is observed. Its a good theory but not very practical.

If I imagine that something never has existed and never will and someone else imagines that the same thing does exist what happens then? Does the universe just implode or something?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are universal laws and absolutes that make this theory/philosophy impossible, and it just defies logic. There is no planet full of golden robots that worship Scooby Doo. I am so sure of that, I don't even have to wonder. We are matter, aware of it's own existence, that gets to manipulate it's reality in real-time. What makes you so sure that this is recreated with variation to infinity?

Everything has balance and exists in harmony; as there are things that exist and always have, so there are things that don't exist and never will.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

You're missing the point. Now let me ask you this: What do you think of not existing? If the answer is anything at all your argument fails. Because the whole point is to prove that thinking about something makes it impossible for it not to exist.

Q: Again, WHAT never existed?

A: thing x

Q: what is thing x?

A: *description*

Q: But if it doesn't exist, how can you know anything about it?

A:

Knowledge is power!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80

Everything has balance and exists in harmony; as there are things that exist and always have, so there are things that don't exist and never will.

exactly. But the things that don't exist will never be thought of. If you think of something, it exists. Maybe not in a physical sense, but you can't deny it existence because you have an idea of what the thing is. The OP only suggested that in a ∞ universe theory with ∞ possibilities, anything imaginable will exist physically (and anything any other cognitive being can think of as well)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Logic doesn't allow that to be true. It only means there is nothing that can't exist in the imagination of sentient matter. I can imagine a time machine that succeeds at traveling through time and universes, destroying each universe except it's own, the instant it comes into existence. So if you are correct; there is only one universe, and a machine that destroys all others the instant they become a reality.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by afterschoolfun

damn...

never thought of that.

But then again using the same logic.

Q: What is nothing?

A: It is the absence of everything and anything

Q: So nothing is something, it is the absense of everything and anything right? So technically nothing exists because nothingness in itself is something?

A: yeah... but

I dont think that really works but you see my point.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

I think I will one up you.

If you can imagine it, somewhere in the Multiverse you exist as it.

Interesting idea at first until one realizes that everything from the Cthulhu Mythos, to Clive Barker, and H.R. Giger might be running around out there somewhere. All manner of horror and chaos ever conjured in thought would be out there waiting and lurking beyond the threshold of our reality.

Not a very pleasant thought.

My personal belief is that if you can imagine it, it exists as a semi stable idea in a realm somewhat like chaos and the collective unconscious. Its essentially a type of some greater archetype that we can't imagine. So the things we can't imagine exist out there as archetypes. The things we do imagine are just imitations and shadows of the ineffable.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

Its just perception that changes... The universe is fractal in nature..ie: You may think you have come up with a "wild" and "remote" idea, yet all ideas carry the momentum of past interactions.

THERE IS NO SPOON.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenlike
Wow it's amazing you posted this because I recently came to the same conclusion myself. S&F

Same here. I've been entertaining the idea for some time, and it makes sense to me.

Originally posted by PApro
this sounds good in theory but what your telling me is that somewhere there is a little round yellow guy that eats dots and gets chased by ghosts until he eats even bigger dots than he eats the ghosts?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
Logic doesn't allow that to be true.

You're right.

Wait a few hundred years and science might catch up to us.

Until then, I'm not really afraid to be thought of as crazy. I don't know about anyone else here.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

very true (maybe, unless everything is much more dull than we imagin) the tree of possible worlds is a very worthwhile thought experiment and meditation techneqe, you might enjoy it...

Start with a nut of truth, this is often a four sided paradox style center - think of two possible first ideals which oppose, for example - their is a god watching, their isn't a god watching - then split again -hes either active or passive, we either have free will or are determined. So far we have a even sized shape, then again we alow them to unfold, maybe this time into more options -the determined point is to produce players for a game, the determined point is to produce people able to create a new race and complete the circle, the point is to produce excitement and interest, the point is to produce love and kindness, etc, etc... Then slowly the tree unfolds, some branches reach the end of their possible alternatives while others branch out again and again into more and more complex and beautiful structures.

This is a good example because it's simple and is a subject many people have thought about deeply, the idea isn't to come to any conclusion or create a deffinate and complte tree -although both those things would and are often a nice bonus. Simply visualising the complex web of possible and logical outcomes is really relaxing, empowering and kinda neat. As the tree begins to grow you should feel it developing further than just your frontal brain and your internal dialog, it'll develop into a subvisual model utalizing much more of your subliminal brain functions than you're probably used too, this can be a brilliant way of helping the brain get used to dealing with the subliminal functions which of course is a great help in doing almost anything well.

At some point you should have a rough idea of the structure, maybe it'll take a few builds maybe a few hundred -maybe even thousands for some of the more complex existential issues
You'll get sort of used to being able to zoom into a certain area, make some changes or add some new branches as you learn and thnk more about the subject, indeed this is a really good way of finds areas which you haven't thought so much about or don't really know about, certain branches might stat small on your first few models but then develop io be larger than the rest of the tree!

Hope i've explained this well enough that you can sorta get what i'm trying to say enough that you can give it a go, you can start anywhere and grow in any direction - i mostly grow trees but sometimes its skylines, industrial complex's, maps, etc -as long as you can produce a pattern which depicts the complexity of the model then whatever works works.

Oh and of course learning about logic and all the similer disciplins helps loads, some of the pure logical concepts create quiet beautifully simple trees - if you start to include AND, OR, NOR and concepts like YES/NO/MOO then you can craft some rather fine things

hehe one last thing, don't worry about forgetting massive chunks of it and then having to rebuild them - thats all part of the fun, they'll be better next time and when you finally understand them fully thats when they'll stick
and of course if you find yourself daydreaming endlessly on complex tangents then don't worry thats the point - when you come to the end of your thought you can go back to the tree and all (some of) that stuff will help crafting the next layer.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
this sounds good in theory but what your telling me is that somewhere there is a little round yellow guy that eats dots and gets chased by ghosts until he eats even bigger dots than he eats the ghosts? or a gorilla kidnaped a princess and throws barrels at the plumber thats tryin to save her? or even thats somewhere out there monkeys exist that fly and poop cookie dough ice cream?
i understaind what ur getting at and i agree to an extent.. but rather than saying every possibility exists you should say anything could exist.

I was more excited at the concept of running across Hyrule field!

But yes, very good post...I was recently thinking about this, as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wow! You just proved that God exists! Thank you!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join