It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Storm over BNP on Major BBC Programe

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My mother is south-African born to an Enlgish mother and south-African father. Then she moved back to England with her mother...so no I do not agree with the racism that is rife within the BNP clearly.

But even I can see that man was not given a fair chance...and you know why? Because the majority of the public agrees with most of the BNPs policies...it's only the racism they don't like. And other parties are scared of this... because they might have to change to gain back support...they might actually have to do what the country wants...

The way the show was run tonight was childish...if we are so sure the BNP will never get voted in because of their views...what do we have to fear from letting them speak properlly?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Not sure what point your trying to make,
but as i said which you fail grasp is the level of immigrants is increasing.
unless it is capped, do the math

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by Koka

Your entitled to your opinion, but one thing Griffen said was about homosexuals. He said what they do in the privacy of their own home is up to them, but the sight of men kissing in the street would be against most British peoples principles.

I would agree with that and most people I know would agree with it. Perhaps in London it's ok, though I've never witnessed it, but certainly where I stay in Scotland it just wouldn't happen.

According to the audience though he was totally out of order for that statement.

He also said that teaching primary school kids about homosexuality, or any kind of sexuality, was wrong. Again I agree with that.

Do I need therapy ?

Well I don't believe Nick Griffin speaks for most British people or their principles.

I know of people who feel uncomfortable seeing a male and a female kissing in public, so on a personal basis I have zero objection to anyone feeling awkward about it, same sex or otherwise. Griffin was merely feeding a moderate and acceptable line, but I'm not about to oppose their right to show that affection to one another.

On the issue of sex education, given the amount of sexual imagery that is thrust upon kids in most every pop video I see these days I think it wise to give them a rationalised view point as soon as parents allow them to have a TV in their own bedroom, and not to hide the existence of homosexuality.

If you feel awkward regarding homosexuality, then just say so, if you are overtly against it then you are probably homophobic, I care little either way, just as long as you don't feel compelled to vote BNP based on the moderate facade he was trying to portray on Question Time.

There are no good reasons to vote BNP.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

Well you're not addressing any of my points.

So... yeah.... okaaaaayyyy.

You're kinda just talking at me and you actually have nothing to say.
If you want to respond to my points, the way i have yours, I'll be happy to carry on the discussion... if not, have fun

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976
reply to post by Koka

because every time Nick opened his mouth to speak, they heckled him.

The audience didn't heckle him, that was the panel.

The only thing you can say about the audience is that they had an area of common ground which a vast majority of them stood united on, any other day the applause would not have been so unified.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Well you're not addressing any of my points.

So... yeah.... okaaaaayyyy.

You're kinda just talking at me and you actually have nothing to say.
If you want to respond to my points, the way i have yours, I'll be happy to carry on the discussion... if not, have fun

Responded to my points??? you answer a question with a question avoiding my comment on you being P.C. " What's my pc got to do with this"

These are my feelings, im not pc, never will be.
i speak my mind, that's my right. perhaps more people should, then this country might get somewhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You haven't responded to any of my points... i have yours... all of them.
Go back and read the last page.

You'll find i wrote this in response to your "your just P.C." comment.

Originally posted by blupblup

I oppose views that i find abhorrent because i have that right.
I feel sick to my stomach when i hear racists spouting off.... it makes me sad to think that so many people can vote for these racist, vile fascists.... most don't truly know what they stand for.

It's a shame.

P.C. isn't even i phrase i use or like.
I am a moral person.... i base my responses and opinions on what i feel is right.

Singling out, discriminating against and treating differently, anyone because of the colour of their skin, is wrong.

That is not me being PC..... that is a fact.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
p.c. can stand for "political correctness", but also "personal computer".
I think that needed to be cleared. lol

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by flatratebanking!

I was trying to inject a little humour....

I don't think Orby quite got it.... NM.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This strikes some similarity to the political party in the graphic novel V for Vendetta, discrimination, fascism, anti immigrants , hope the country doesnt turn into the piece of FICTION i read, truly sad

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
if you all had brains that functioned on a proper level you would all be a part of the BNP and it wouldn't just be filled with people that have the most loyalty to the land of their ancestors, not just full of the most ardent supporters of your own culture and heritage. It's a damned good thing to be proud of and you sorry nancies are losing your country not only to too much muti-everything but Europe is gobling you up aswell. Soon you will be just a small state among other states full of people that couldn't care less about your ancestors stories or the land they are buried in. I say, GO BNP!!!! Before it's too late, borders, language and culture is what makes this world such a dynamic place.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I've never seen an audience which was 90% against one of the panelists. I'm going by the applause for/against Griffen.

Usually the audience has a balance of people for and against. If for instance Nigel farage of UKIP is on which he often is he does not get heckled by the entire audience.

And you don't believe that 90% of the audience could have been from a cross section and just unified with regards to their opinion on Nick Griffin, what he has to say and the BNP in general?

I'm sure if the show was held in an area with BNP support there would have been a more even spread of opinion in the audience.

There would have been bloodshed.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dannikilla13

your talking about the current administration in the U.K. right?
like whoa! I just watched V the other night and me and my gf both said that this is the U.k. if they keep this administration in and like it is going. BNP don't want video cameras on every citizen.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
if you all had brains that functioned on a proper level you would all be a part of the BNP and it wouldn't just be filled with people that have the most loyalty to the land of their ancestors, not just full of the most ardent supporters of your own culture and heritage. It's a damned good thing to be proud of and you sorry nancies are losing your country not only to too much muti-everything but Europe is gobling you up aswell. Soon you will be just a small state among other states full of people that couldn't care less about your ancestors stories or the land they are buried in. I say, GO BNP!!!! Before it's too late, borders, language and culture is what makes this world such a dynamic place.

It's all very well and good saying that from San Diego mate, but as someone who would have to live in this country if those buffoons ever got into power, i think you are talking bollocks.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

well, I can respect that, I am basing my opinion on my perspective from what I see from here and it looks like your in a sad state of affairs. It also seems that the BNP is just being demonized because they pose a threat to your totalitarian govt. my opinion does seem to match quite of few of your fellow blokes though even if I'm just some yank from across the pond.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Yeah.... don't believe the BNP BS man.... they are not about protecting culture and they're not looking out for Britain.

They are a racist party.... who stem from extremist far right Neo-nazi groups such as the NF.

They are bigots, holocaust deniers, racists and they only want to further their own agenda.

Do not fall for their propaganda as many idiots over here have.

Here is the wiki link on the BNP.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are many articles and videos around on the net showing the true face and true agenda of the BNP..

Shouldn't take you long to find

[edit on 22/10/09 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

well I guess I've fallen for BS....maybe....it's too bad you all couldn't get behind the basic principles of the party as I feel they are best for protecting your country and it's sad to see that such people had to put a dark stain on the party.

Well, who is looking our for England and English peoples best interests?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

it's sad to see that such people had to put a dark stain on the party.

What do you mean?

The BNP have and will never be a party that is about the British people.
It's not like some crazed, rogue elements have captured the BNP and taken in in a racist direction.

It was set up by racists?

It's a racist party.... don't let the name and the "Tamer" policies fool you.

www.harlotssauce.com...

Here is nick on a white-power march.

As i said.... read the wiki-link.

Have a little search around about the BNP.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22/10/09 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmcefc
LOFL ,He's getting ripped to shreds ,this scary looking one eyed freak...thicko's feeling sorry for him...

The stupid people who support these crackpot's...

Excellent, so Nick Griffin is clearly reprehensible in your eyes.

Yet-

You openly mock his disability by naming him a "freak" and bandy around words such as "stupid" and "crackpot".

Hmmm... You're not doing yourself any favours here, are you?

Would you try and raise the level of your debate a little, please?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I meant these racist people that put a dark stain on it. I just thought it a good idea to have a Nationalist party that looks out for Great Britain and its people. As you say, it needs some fulfilling and I don't see the ones you got now as very healthy either.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join