It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Storm over BNP on Major BBC Programe

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

Supporters of Nick Griffin would probably not have attended the show for fear of retribution and being acused of racism LIVE on T.V. Thus maybe affecting their work placement. For instance, over a year ago the names of Thousands of BNP supporters was 'leaked' out, and despite the Data Protection Act, not a lot was done in the way of finding the perpitrator but the names of Well-Known or people who had a job that deamed good public oppinion were 'named and shamed' in the UK you cant be in the Police if you support the BNP. You cant really be in most public services if you support the BNP. People are affraid that by agreeing with some of their partys viwes they would be tarnished as a BNP supporter and humiliated.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
From watching the programme,a few things stood out to me.

Griffin laughed off many points put to him as "mis quotes," but did not correct his position on anything.

He simply could not fight his corner,especially when faced with his racist speech at the KKK meet.

His constant twitching,stammering and shaking hands may have suggested some that he was very nervous in that situation-I believe he should be used to such BNP bashing situations by now,and that the shaking and twitching is more likley a side effect for alchoholism/drug abuse.

He did raise a few valid points,such as the illegality of the Iraq war,but these points did not have any impact coming from someone with his ultra right views.

However,although I do not support Griffin or his party,I found myself wanting to vomit when Jack straw tried to make out he had moral superiority over the racist Griffin---In my opinion Straw is as bad as Griffin would be if he ever got power.

Straw has comitted so many anti British actions during his time as a minister that to attempt to take the moral high ground from Griffin seemed like Hitler saying Stalin is evil,or vice versa.

Griffin as far as I am aware,has never hoodwinked the nation into an illegal war,has never covered up the torture of detainees,or(so far)tried to take away our civil liberties.

Straw on the other hand,has done all of the above with passion.
Sure Griffin would be one evil mofo if he ever took power,but Straw already has power-and look at his track record...Humanity and compassion means nothing to him.

So sorry but if i saw both of these men on fire,I wouldn't even piss on either of them.

What is it about becoming a politician that turns 99.9% of people into sneaking,elitist RATS??

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

The BNP is racist, their supporters know this, those that chose to vote for them in protest toward the two main parties, did so through ignorance and misguided racial views. There are plenty of other parties to chose from if you want to protest using your vote, but most people seem to believe only in extremes, if the left isn't working lets go to the right and vice versa.

If his supporters did not show, then they are more than aware of the implications of their actions, the BNP is not being demonised it is being shown for what it really is and I am more than happy to see their members outed which ever way it happens, there is no room for racism in Britain.

I noted that Raider of Truth posted that a friend of his was one of the riot officers attending the protest at the BBC yesterday, it deeply concerns me, given the views of this poster, that an officer of the law is associated with an individual such as this and fear that they would have similar opinions.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

Like i just said at the end of my last post, some people may agree with some of the BNP's viwes, and are affraid to show it for fear of being labled a racist.
Bringing up Gordon Browns 'British jobs for British people' speech, this is most likely a viwe of the BNP also. Although, with the Labour side of this speech, labour would be accused of 'PROTECTIONISM' whilst the BNP would be called Racist.
I havnt even botherd looking at any of the partys manifestos or flyers despite getting loads posted through the letterbox.. when the postworkers arnt on strike that is.
Now im just wondering if the Brown, Camaron and Clegg live debate would happen. Im sure this would be more benificial to creating a public opinion on each party. Or maybe there affraid they'd all sound the same and people would realise that you get the same product no matter what you buy into.
Having question time with Griffin last night was like a verbal firing squad. Know i belive that people will blame the BBC for allowing this to happen because Griffin will probably get many Sympathy votes in the next election. A lot of Labour supporters will jump ship because its emerged today that for the 6th quarter were still in receshion, and will vent their frustration out by voting like you said 'elsewhere' or just simply not voting thus giving the Conservative party the idea that they have a lot of support when actually, truth be told, nobody botherd to vote. Its definately partys like the BNP aswell as Ukip, Green e.t.c that will benifit from the political merry-go-rounds of the last few months with a fine mizzle of extra votes.

But still, my oppinion, there all as bad as each other.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
His constant twitching,stammering and shaking hands may have suggested some that he was very nervous in that situation

Can you blame him? A studio full of people seething to get their filthy hands on him and a panel of well-experienced Politicians and commentators ready to dig in... not to mention 8 million TV viewers all with their eyes on him and 500 violent protesters outside. I think most of us would have passed out from that kind of pressure. It's far more than most politicians have ever had to deal with - even the media-savvy ones.

Originally posted by Koka
The BNP is racist, their supporters know this, those that chose to vote for them in protest toward the two main parties, did so through ignorance and misguided racial views.

Right, and you're a brainwashed Marxist. It's fun generalising isn't it.

[edit on 23/10/2009 by Cythraul]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Sure,the audience were hostile to him,and it was a pressure moment,but if he truly believed that he has massive cross country support(as he says)theres really no reason why he should have been that twitchy.

Looked like a definite alchohol abuser to me,but thats a side issue.

The fact that he just laughed off most accusations as misquotes,and then today on the news whined about not having been given the opportunity to state his polices spoke volumes-instead of laughing off the accusations he could have corrected them,and stated his "real" policies,if they were so different to what was presented to him.

Thing is,much of his policy ideas have been documented in videos of him speaking.

Its pretty hard to refute such evidence...

I dislike the labour government's imigration policies as much as most people,but theres gotta be a better way to change the system than voting in Griffin and his goons.

If he had been more honest I would have actually respected him a tiny bit for at least being honest about his racist views(even though I disagree with them)...but hell,he can't be honest can he?Hes a politician after all.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
Anyone who can't see that the BNP are hated, slandered and suppressed predominantly because they are an obstacle to the New World Order needs to wake the feck up. I thought this forum was meant for the non-brainwashed!? The BNP obviously have a few controversial views, and some that I personally disagree with, but they're not the evil group most of us have been conditioned to think they are.
[edit on 23/10/2009 by Cythraul]

"Predominantly because they are an obstacle to the NWO"?

What... so i guess the fact that they are a a racist party has nothing to do with it...?

I certainly don't think the BNP are the most evil group of people... but they are the most disgusting political party we have here...

And it's not what I've been conditioned to believe.... it's what I've researched and known for years.
And the fact that their supporters and leader have a fair number of convictions for racial and hate crimes between them, speaks volumes to me.

You and anyone else can go on about how they are the only party that deal with your issues and how they are being misrepresented and all the other BS you like.... but if you support them, knowing what they are... where they come from and where they want to take this country... then you ARE a racist.

Sorry Blupblup, you're off my friends list based on your input in this thread. We agree on many things and you're usually a well-informed contributor, but we disagree too fundamentally on some issues.

We do huh... yeah... you'd better remove me quick dude...

And to remove me as a friend, you click the little red x next to my name.

May be petty but hey... if that's what you want, why not?

I've obliged anyway.

[edit on 23/10/09 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by blupblup

Hang on Griffins father was in the RAF, so what is the difference?

The difference is that Griffin's political party is RACIST.... i'd say that's a big difference.

It is complete double standards, if one rule is set out for one political party not to use Military images in thier campaigns, leaflets, political brochures etc, then it should apply to them all.

For them to use it and try and mislead and BS people that their forefathers fought in the war to keep Britain white is wrong.... that is not why they fought in the war...... Hitler and the Germans were white.... race has nothing to do with the war... but according to Nick Griffin.... it does.

Nick Griffin
has more in Common with Hitler than he does any British person.

The 3 mains political parties are just about as bad as the BNP, except they are not supposingly racist or extreme.

Yuh they the main political parties all wear nice shiney halo's

If i can make out what you're saying, which i just about can, you're saying the other parties are not perfect so why are we focusing on the BNP... what about others? Is that the gist of it?

If i need to explain it to you.... then i don't really know that i should.

the BNP are racist..... they are RACIST.... does it register yet?

The other parties are all crap and corrupt and all lie and BS us.... but they don't discriminate or ban members based on their race and ethnicity...

What is so difficult to grasp?

[edit on 23/10/09 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
The BNP is racist, their supporters know this, those that chose to vote for them in protest toward the two main parties, did so through ignorance and misguided racial views.

Right, and you're a brainwashed Marxist. It's fun generalising isn't it.

Trying to insult me.....
.....nice, I don't hide the fact that I agree somewhat with Marxism, hardly brainwashed, it's a choice, but as I blatantly depict in my present avatar things are seldom Black and White which is why I afforded the term "mis-guided racial views" to many that chose to vote BNP.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Koka

People can vote for who they want, i do not like the bnp being irish living in london, but the english can vote for who they want. Who is to say what reasons they voted for them.

How many blacks voted for obama just for being black, i do not care about that either, but hypocrites this world is full off.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As odious as I find the BNP of the past to be, the holocaust denial in particular, I still made time to complain to the BBC today for the blatant racism shown by the panel who denied that we English are cannot be the INDIGENOUS people of this island because we migrated here thousands of years ago. So with that rational; the Australian aborigines cannot be indigenous either because they migrated there too, or the Indians of America who migrated across the Barring straight cannot therefore be indegenous.
Fact is, we were here first, my ancestors helped build this country, helped defend it with our lives and blood ( including myself), and have such a history and blood tie to this land that I find it offensive to the extreme that my own indegenous nationality can be so blatantly disallowed in the face of the vocal minority who do not realise the giant that they are waking up...

I for one maybe an anachronism in terms of the love of the land I fought for, but it's not just me, many others feel this way, and I will not stand bye as the country I love gets overun, customs and culture destroyed, history rewritten no matter how uncomfortable it is, and truth be thrown away at the expense of a multi-cultural experiment that has backfired.

I would be trampling on the graves of all of my family planted in Flanders fields, sword beach, Burma, Korea, Gallipoli, agincourt, Ethandun, and the list goes on!

Yes the BNP is racist, but no more racist than them!

[edit on 033131p://f10Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Wait a moment, the audience on question time ask the questions, the questions are not screened before hand. So every persn whom go on to question time are sheep are they?

Can you be serious?

Every single question was obviously vetted - and the panel - all except Griffin obviously - got the questions to rehearse their answers.

This is just a bull# setup - its ludicrous.

Obviously the NWO are afraid of him - so he needs to keep on fighting.

The sheep who buy this piece of crap media segment make me sick - menrtally retarded.

Immigration - racial division - religious divisions - these are the merthods of the NWO - they are destroying the structure of the UK bottom up.

They do NOT want to be stopped by anyone - he may get assassinated - of course they will find some Indian or black patsy to take the fall for it.

That entire panel should be shot in the head - along with the entire audience.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
People can vote for who they want, i do not like the bnp being irish living in london, but the english can vote for who they want.

I wouldn't have it any other way, although we do tend to limit ourselves to two party politics.

Who is to say what reasons they voted for them.

What other reasons other than ignorance or as a protest would people vote for the BNP?

How many blacks voted for obama just for being black, i do not care about that either, but hypocrites this world is full off.

Yes, many voted in ignorance, hoping for "change", but instead they were short changed, at least they have been so far, unless of course his hidden agenda is to rid the US of whites....

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

LMFAO at your comment. Only for the fact that its unlikely. Everyone blabbers on about NWO / PTB, yet in my opinion, i do belive that if these rouge overlords where infact real, id doubt that theyd create a problem such as the BNP. Due to the fact that things are tarnished enougth as it is with out the help of the so called 'Nazi' reimergence. There going to be stereo typed as the pantomine villans. And yeah, we all need a 'bad guy' to take our eye of the ball, but i think the motions have gone too far for any stupid NWO action that would possibly target Griffin in a dubious way such as you suggest. And besides, it would make him more of a martyr, despite the BNP's supposed viwes. It wouldnt work at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
reply to post by Amagnon

LMFAO at your comment. Only for the fact that its unlikely. Everyone blabbers on about NWO / PTB, yet in my opinion, i do belive that if these rouge overlords where infact real, id doubt that theyd create a problem such as the BNP. Due to the fact that things are tarnished enougth as it is with out the help of the so called 'Nazi' reimergence. There going to be stereo typed as the pantomine villans. And yeah, we all need a 'bad guy' to take our eye of the ball, but i think the motions have gone too far for any stupid NWO action that would possibly target Griffin in a dubious way such as you suggest. And besides, it would make him more of a martyr, despite the BNP's supposed viwes. It wouldnt work at all.

You totally missed what I said - Nick Griffin is not PART of the NWO - he is RESISTING the NWO.

Can't you see the entire show was a set up -all the questions rehearsed and vetted - it was a total sham.

They hate Nick Griffin because he is talking about restoring a common set of values in the UK - values that were fought for in WWII.

The NWO want to cause divisions - they want create racism - they want to divide nations, and families. When they have divided every man from his neighbor - then there can be no resistance to them.

When you can't speak because its racist, sexist, anti-religious - that stifles free speech.

When you live in an area and there are whole groups with values and behaviors that are not common to each other, that conflict with each other - that undermines the solidarity of a nation - civil wars can spring from such divisions.

The immigration policies, and laws to protect minorities are purely designed to create a fractured nation with no set of common values - a nation that has no national unity. - a nation ready to fall.

While I think Nick Griffin cannot put his finger on the problem, while he cannot enunciate it - he feels it - as do millions of people in many western countries in the world.

There should be one set of commonly accepted values and behaviors in a nation - if you cannot abide by them - then leave. A cultural identity makes a nation strong - where everyone will pull together to meet any external or internal threat based on those values.

When you undermine them - then the country will continue to dissolve into bickering, dissent and internal strife.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
What... so i guess the fact that they are a a racist party has nothing to do with it...?

We can debate the pros and cons of the BNP until the cows come home, but the entire argument rests on one single assertion - whether the BNP are racist or not. You believe they are, I don't. Yes I've seen evidence of some members espousing racist views which I strongly detest, but the party's policies are not racist. Then again... it comes down to how you define racism. If you think that preserving a homeland for an ethnic group is racist, then of course you're going to find the BNP's policies racist.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Saying that some people cannot enter a country dependant only upon their race, is by very definition racist. You can dance around that all you like but that is racist because they are selecting people on the basis of their race.

If you were an employer and you said "only indiginous people can work for me" then you would be racist and you would be sued, successfully.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Then by your definition, any opposition to the multiculturalisation of the world is 'racist'. Anyone who wants to pro-actively preserve the lands that are the heirlooms of their forefathers is racist.

Immigration policies should not discriminate on skin colour ('ancestry' is actually more pertinent) - immigration policies should simply be strict across all nations, otherwise there'll be nothing to differentiate India from England. Do you support that - India and England having an identical ethnic makeup? If not, you're racist!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

If you were an employer and you said "only indiginous people can work for me" then you would be racist and you would be sued, successfully.

Funny how Chinese or Italian restaurants only seem to employ their own people. Same goes for lots of other businesses.

I don't have any problem with that though.

In my view the term racism is over used and ultimately people will employ people they are comfortable working with no matter what.

Trying to knock that natural inclination out of people will never work.

The term racism is used like anti semitism, brought out at any and every opportunity to attack people with any view not fitting with their own.

It's pathetic.

I'm also reminded of sexism and all the other ism's.... I heard the other day of a new one coming soon .... fatism

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Immigration policies absolutely need tightening, but not based on race or whether your ancestors came froma country. Our immigration policy should simply be tightened so that you have to have either an education, confirmed job or enough money to support yourself for a number of year (say £400,000). Other requirments should be the ability to speak English as this encourages integration.

None of that is racism or against being a multi culture and yet really limits who can come here to people who will provide a real plus to the country.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join