It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran denies 'secret Israel talks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Iran denies 'secret Israel talks'

english.aljazeera.net

Iran has denied newspaper reports that its officials had held secret talks recently with their Israeli counterparts to explore the possibility of declaring the Middle East a nuclear-free zone.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yep they are sending rumors now, just like the Ayatollah Rumor to stir chaos within Iran.

See how they make Iran sound as if they are pursuing weapons. Telling Israel that if they stay nuclear-free, Iran would stay nuclear free. Building the picture in the readers heads that Iran is in fact pursuing nuclear weapons.

According to Haaretz, Soltanieh directly asked Zafary-Odiz in one of the sessions: "Do you or do you not have nuclear weapons?"

Zafary-Odiz smiled, but did not respond.

But Ali Shirzadia, the spokesman for the Islamic Republic's atomic energy organisation, said there was no truth in the claim.

"This lie is a kind of psychological operation designed to affect the constant success of Iran's dynamic diplomacy in the Geneva and Vienna meetings," Shirzadia was quoted by Iran state television's website on Thursday as saying.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I seriously doubt that Israel would disarm and rid itself of the hundreds of nuclear weapons they reportedly hold in stock. And why would they? It would be suicidal.

I am a massive opponent of most of Israels policies regarding the West Bank, Gaza, Lebanon, The Golan heights, but if i were leader of Israel carrying out similar policies there is no way i'd get rid of my nuclear arsenal when surrounded by these enemies i had made.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It wasn't Israel that started the "rumor" which seems to have quite a few details. It was Australia, that's where Israel got it from.

The meetings were held behind closed doors, and all participants committed to complete secrecy, to allow a full and frank discussion. However, the fact of the meeting was leaked by Australian sources to the Australian daily The Age.

www.haaretz.com...

My question is why would Iran be the only one in attendance to deny it?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Here's the link to the Australian article in "The Age". You'll see it's dated the 16th whereas the Haaretz article is dated the 22nd.

www.theage.com.au...

It states that there's supposed to be another meeting in Hiroshima towards the end of the year. I wonder if Iran will attend now.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by willow1d

Australia and American policies are parallel, that being said they have much anti-Iranian attitude also.

Australia's ambassador to the United Nations said Wednesday that his country will continue to support Israel at the international body.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

top topics

join