It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll (Obama at nearly all time low)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll (Obama at nearly all time low)

www.rasmussenreports.com

Overall, 47% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove.

Just 31% of voters believe that Congress has a good understanding of the health care proposal.

Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13. That’s just a point above the lowest level ever recorded for this President. It’s also the sixth straight day in negative double digits, matching the longest such streak
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It may be because his $700,000,000,000 (or $3.7 Trillion total cost) stimulus package has now produced a net loss of 2.7 Million jobs instead of the 3 Million he projected it to produce.

Or no health care bill.

Or no Chicago Olympics.

Or that he doesn't know what to do in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Or that he apologizes to our enemies and betrays our friends internationally.

Or because Obama has basically done none of the things he promised he would do in his campaign...

www.rasmussenreports.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It was apparent back during elections many of his supporters treated it as an audience-decides reality show which I guess in some ways is.
If his rating gets low to the point where it affects his self-esteem I'll step in and fake like I'm a fan. You know, just to maintain niceties.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think the luster is starting to wear off for Obama.

He had an enormous following during and directly after the elections simply because he wasn't Bush, he wasn't a Republican, and he was promising change. People are starting to realize that he's really more of the same, and very few people are satisfied with the overall workings of our government.

The biggest issue Obama has, in my opinion, is that he's losing his core constituency.

He let down the pacifists, as instead of minimizing or ending our overseas conflicts, he's just shifted them around. It's fairly obvious at this point that the military industrial complex has a much tighter grip over our political system than was previously believed, and just because Republicans are no longer in power doesn't mean the cash flow will slow down.

He's been letting down the Homosexual community, there was the recent protest event that comes to mind. I don't think he's done much to further civil rights in that respect, certainly not as much as he said he would during the campaign.

He's been letting down the medical community and the majority of democrats with his health care policy. Obama has the majority required to get it done, he should have never watered the bill down so much to compromise with the opposition. What started off as a decent attempt at health care reform has basically turned into a money pit. You know the old saying, try to please everyone and you'll end up pleasing no one. Republicans will never be happy with anything he does, they want to maintain the status quo and hamper his efforts at every corner.

Then, of course, you have the large portion of the country that will never be satisfied with anything he does, because they are wrapped up in partisan politics and he's not 'on their side'. These people have quite a representation on ATS lately, so I'm sure we will all be hearing from them in this thread. I've been disappointed in Obama, but I'm still open to the possibility that he could bring positive change. However, I was also very skeptical of many of his claims during the campaign, so his shortcomings did not take me off guard as I'm sure they did for many Americans.

But, then again, it's not even been 1/4 of the way through his first term in office yet, so he has plenty of time to make good on some of his promises. Do I honestly think that will happen? Not really. I am open to surprises, however.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

It may be because his $700,000,000,000 (or $3.7 Trillion total cost) stimulus package has now produced a net loss of 2.7 Million jobs instead of the 3 Million he projected it to produce.

Or no health care bill.

Or no Chicago Olympics.

Or that he doesn't know what to do in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Or that he apologizes to our enemies and betrays our friends internationally.

Or because Obama has basically done none of the things he promised he would do in his campaign...

I agree with everything else but I don't think he should be criticised for not winning the bid for the 2016 Olympic Games. The US hosted the games in '84 and '96. I think there are lots of other countries that should host it before the US gets another go.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by System

I agree with everything else but I don't think he should be criticised for not winning the bid for the 2016 Olympic Games. The US hosted the games in '84 and '96. I think there are lots of other countries that should host it before the US gets another go.

Actually he should be criticized being he arrogantly wasted his time going there. All the while creating a huge carbon footprint that this administration is so vehemently against on the tax payers dime. It was a dumb move and the administration should have researched the odds of it not coming to Chicago and it passed on.

But hey, at least we voted in history, we got a cool good looking president and now the World loves us.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Republicans will never be happy with anything he does, they want to maintain the status quo and hamper his efforts at every corner.

Always got to blame the Republicians, huh? You give a whole list of why his own party is losing faith in him, then follow it up with this. So, which is it?

Obama has the majority in both houses of Congress, so why hasn't he gotten it done? Oh that's right, it's the Republicans fault.

BTW, I'm NOT a Republician, but I am sick to death of hearing "it's the Republicans fault" when it is quite evident that with a majority in both Houses, it is NOT the Republicans fault he can't get anything passed. He doesn't need the Republicans! He does need the members of his OWN party, but apparently they don't agree with him either!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Sorry, I do not need a tracking poll to tell me that's he failing or at an all time low.

Everywhere I go everyone is complaining how the President is doing nothing to stimulate the economy, everyone is complaining about a lack of work, everyone is complaining about their mortgages being foreclosed on, everyone is complaining about their cars being repossessed.

Before too long his tracking poll will be lower than Bush's ever was because he is not doing any of the things a President should have done to stimulate the economy, at all.

You do not give money away to banks to loan to citizens who cannot already afford the loans their houses are being foreclosed on, you do not give money to banks to loan to citizens who are having their care repossessed because they cannot afford the loan they have, and you do not give banks money to loan to citizens who have no job, have lost their job, who have worked for companies that are downsizing due to an economic depression, you do not give money to banks without having a clearcut contract as to how and where the money is to be spent and flat out telling the banks they cannot give that money to their C.E.O.'s as bonuses.

Of all the boneheaded maneuvers anyone has ever made, you do not trust the banks, period.

Banks are only in business for one thing, to make money, they do not give a damn about American citizens, they only care about giving loans, to reap profits from the interest they can get when demanding payment.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Everywhere I go everyone is complaining how the President is doing nothing to stimulate the economy, everyone is complaining about a lack of work, everyone is complaining about their mortgages being foreclosed on, everyone is complaining about their cars being repossessed.

I hear complaints about Obama, too. Strangely, they are not based in reality. The people in your paragraph blame Obama for the economy, jobs, mortgages and their cars being repossessed, but all of that was well on the way to ruin before Obama even took office. It seems to blame Obama because they can't pay for their car is quite delusional.

The other day, I heard a woman talking about how they had taken her elderly grandfather to the hospital and that "if Obama has his way, Grandpa would have been turned away at the door."...

When I asked why she said that, she replied, "Because that's what Obama wants. That's the health plan he's trying to pass."

I asked which bill she was referring to.

"The one Obama wants."

"Do you mean the Baucus bill"?

"I mean the one Obama is trying to get passed"! she said with increasing impatience at my ignorance.

I tried, calmly to explain the process for getting a bill passed into law, but she wasn't interested. She wanted no part of logic. She just knew that "the bill that Obama wants" was going to turn her sick grandfather away at the hospital door because her husband had told her so and she fully believed it.

Considering the ignorance of the average American, I'm not at all surprised that Obama's poll numbers are dwindling. Fortunately, the polls don't have much to do with anything reality-based. And hopefully, Obama and the Democrats in Congress get their act together and start passing their agenda by November of next year.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Its been in that general range for a while and honestly, I think its actually pretty good, all things considered. I'm not sure there's any major initiative that I'd say he has done a good job on. His fiscal policy makes GWB look responsible by comparision, he's 'bailed out' his political allies with hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars, the healthcare and ridiculous cap-and-trade policies are going over like a lead balloon, he's indecisive on Iraq and Afghanistan, and seems intent on alienating our allies in eastern Europe and the Israelis. With a resume that's such a trainwreck, one would usually expect a president to be in the 30s by now.

Then again, given the bizarro world political landscape of the last couple of years here in the US, maybe its not that surprising that his approval rating is still that high.

Then again, perhaps I'm expecting too much. Gallup's quarterly report on Obama's approval rating has him down 9% compared to the last quarter. That's the biggest drop ever for that particular time period for an elected president.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Rift between Obama and Chamber of Commerce widening

Instead of working with business Obama has taken a firm stance against business:

In the process, Obama is attempting to rewrite the rules of the game in Washington, where the Chamber and other business lobbying groups have long held a highly visible, and powerful, place at the intersection of policy and politics.

No compromises, no smoozing, no easing the burden, just my way or the highway. In this case Obama could offer reductions in health care costs like legal limits, limits of liability, etc. Obama wants it all his way. No compromise.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH, I understand that this started under Bush, he was a clodhopper when it came to America.

What I am referring to though is the fact that he has given away so damn much money to the wrong people.

Yeah, I get those rather ignorant and blank stares when I speak about the laws, bills, and way Government works, because deep down the mass populace has a big fat zero of a clue when it comes to exactly how the Government works.

My thoughts on Obama are based in reality, knowing the laws and how they are passed, what is specifically in them, how they are written, the content, context, and intent behind them.

I cannot help other people not knowing what is going on because their Super Bowl is more important, or Sunday church service, or heaven forbid Rush Limbaugh, Shaun Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, or Glenn Beck shows.

I have read the entire Stimulus Package and the Healthcare Reform Bill, and know deep down what is hidden within them that the rest of the populace does not know about and it is not good.

One day when I was walking out of a library I got asked to sign a petition to back the Helathcare Reform and I began asking the two elderly ladies (60-70, I'm 36) about different aspects of it and they had the deer in the headlights look on their faces because they knew zero about what they were petitioning on behalf of at all.

I ran into them again at a different library and their eyes glazed over as soon as they saw me.

One of these days I am going to do a thread with both the Stimulus Package and Healthcare Reform, chooped down into bite sized pieces and my commentary on each and every single paragraph, and what they both really mean.

When I do that I fully expect it to be about 50 pages of submissions, for each in just my commentary, not counting the entirety of both of those which might just crash ATS's servers for the amount of sheer horse-puckey contained in the legalese.

You and I know far more about these bills, laws, and what Government is doing behind the scenes than the average Joe on the street babe.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I have read the entire Stimulus Package and the Healthcare Reform Bill, and know deep down what is hidden within them that the rest of the populace does not know about and it is not good.

If you read them on your own then you represent the 1/10th of 1% of Americans! Bravo for you.

Don't wait too long on that thread you intend to write!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
America deserves it rubbish leaders, after bush now obama.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

But, then again, it's not even been 1/4 of the way through his first term in office yet, so he has plenty of time to make good on some of his promises. Do I honestly think that will happen? Not really. I am open to surprises, however.

Not likely at this point and for many reasons. When this group of Congressmen are up for election next year, voters will vote for anyone but the incumbent democrat. After that Obama will be marginalized and have only veto and appointment power.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If you read them on your own then you represent the 1/10th of 1% of Americans! Bravo for you.

Don't wait too long on that thread you intend to write!

Thank you.

The problem is that being a part of the 1% does nothing for the ignorant 99%.

People think mistakenly that their responsibility stops at the voting booth.

This is a false assumption and it is something that people need to rectify.

If people really knew even a half of 1% of what the Government really does without their knowledge, with their hard-earned tax-money there really would be a revolution.

And I am talking about the legal stuff not even going into the black projects, black box operations, and black bag jobs which are highly illegal and immoral, and unethical.

When I spoke of the tracking poll earlier I watch the trends of what people are speaking about, listen to their complaints, and as well re-direct them where to go to get better informed about their Government each and every single day.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How could he possibly have a better approval rating?

I'm suprised it is this high.

Bush left him a mess, (come on, we know it is true) but it was actually not that big in comparison to what the left did with the stimulus and are planning on doing with healthcare.

Man you gotta screw up bad to make people miss G.W.

Obama passed the 'stimulus' which was nothing more than a democratic grab bag of pet projects and state screwing activities that provided nothing stimulating at all for the economy.

He paid billions to banks that had destroyed the wealth of a nation so that they could stay solvent long enough to do it again.

He has his psycho tzar team out there parroting mao, stalin, hitler, Dr Seuss and anything they can think of to piss off the populace. We are losing jobs all over the country and it isn't slowing down.

Health care...............not even going to try to explain that.

The Titanic had a better record than this healthcare thing will, except the healthcare bill only has lifeboats for congress and the administration. The rest of us will be locked in steerage.

GDP is down. Tax revenues are down. Taxes are going up. We have less money which is all relative because we are technically broke. We have more politicians creating more laws to take more out of our pockets and beat our economy into the dirt even more.

They are floating ideas of a second 'stimulus' even though the states aren't embracing the first. Only 18% paid out but we are paying interest on the other 600 or so billion which has not been allocated to stimulate anything, just cost 800 percent as much in state dollars to do mandated Federal political pet projects.

He lied about pulling out of Afghanistan and they still want to put in more troops. Now the left uses plagarized articles written by the right during the Bush years to explain why we have to stay and finish the job.

The rest of the nation that voted Obama into office is still having to work, pay bills, deal with high food costs, gas, mortgages, rent, deal with the daily grind that is getting steadily worse and actually wonder why President Barak Obama lied to them.

Ah, hell......
I could go on.

Cheer up and smile folks.

You got got that change you voted for.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I hear complaints about Obama, too. Strangely, they are not based in reality. The people in your paragraph blame Obama for the economy, jobs, mortgages and their cars being repossessed, but all of that was well on the way to ruin before Obama even took office. It seems to blame Obama because they can't pay for their car is quite delusional.

The other day, I heard a woman talking about how they had taken her elderly grandfather to the hospital and that "if Obama has his way, Grandpa would have been turned away at the door."...

When I asked why she said that, she replied, "Because that's what Obama wants. That's the health plan he's trying to pass."

I asked which bill she was referring to.

"The one Obama wants."

"Do you mean the Baucus bill"?

"I mean the one Obama is trying to get passed"! she said with increasing impatience at my ignorance.

I tried, calmly to explain the process for getting a bill passed into law, but she wasn't interested. She wanted no part of logic. She just knew that "the bill that Obama wants" was going to turn her sick grandfather away at the hospital door because her husband had told her so and she fully believed it.

Considering the ignorance of the average American, I'm not at all surprised that Obama's poll numbers are dwindling. Fortunately, the polls don't have much to do with anything reality-based. And hopefully, Obama and the Democrats in Congress get their act together and start passing their agenda by November of next year.

How is it even possible to spend a trillion dollars and not fix a single thing? Or even two things? Well the Dems have made it possible. Things that could have been knocked out: mortgage crisis, healthcare, public education, Iraq/Afghanistan, starving Americans, open borders, unemployment, I'm sure you can list more.

Not only that, they are wanting a second stimulus! Please explain how you can support this.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks

Republicans will never be happy with anything he does, they want to maintain the status quo and hamper his efforts at every corner.

Always got to blame the Republicians, huh? You give a whole list of why his own party is losing faith in him, then follow it up with this. So, which is it?

You should re-read my post, especially before you pick out segments and put words in my mouth.

I'm not blaming Republicans at all, in fact I was blaming Obama and the Democrats for attempting to compromise too heavily with the Republicans, who obviously have no interest in reforming health care.

The reason Obama's numbers have been slipping is his own fault, the Republicans currently don't hold enough sway in politics to really influence anything. Anything that happens during the next few years, at least until the 2010 elections, is strictly on the Democrats. If they want to undermine their own policies and hamper their own progress by attempting to create 'bipartisanship' (a political impossibility), then that's their prerogative. It will come back to bite them in the end.

Reading comprehension is our friend. Perhaps we should practice it, shall we? Or were you purposefully trying to misrepresent my post?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

If people really knew even a half of 1% of what the Government really does without their knowledge, with their hard-earned tax-money there really would be a revolution. And I am talking about the legal stuff not even going into the black projects, black box operations, and black bag jobs which are highly illegal and immoral, and unethical.

I don't know what to say to encourage you but people like you that can read and relate the details are the anointed few, go forth my friend!

I understand nations, economies, physiologies, chemistries, anatomies but not the fine details. I depend on others and read and depend on their evaluations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join