It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese 'cat-girl' baffles doctors.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

This is a type of medical condition that I have seen before,
but can't think of the name of right now.

Hypertrichosis.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's a fairly common condition known as Hairy Nevus.
It's just an exaggerated case.

images.google.com...

There's a google image result for it.
I can't believe doctors are baffled by this, I am a lay person and even I knew what this was immediately.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

No hoax, and certainly not photo shopped. It's a hairy nevus, and extremely common, though this child obviously has a severe case. Likely to get worse too.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Uh oh! Don't they eat cats in China?

I hope she doesn't end up in a wok somewhere!

Seriously, the poor girl! I hope some Dr. who can help her will see this article.

"Aahhh! sooo what be tai won cook tonight! mmmmm! aahhh it be cat stir fried! Hi Ya!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Now comming from a 'platipus' sound's umm? - a wee bit strange, rejoice! you are comming home in finding your true Relations!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My daughter would be stoked if she found out she was part-cat like Max (Jessica Alba) in Dark Angel.

However, seeing pictures of severe Hairy Nevus, this is just sad. Granted, it's not the end of the world, but as if childhood teasing isn't scaring enough to deal with an affliction like this. Poor kid.

Anyone else see the 2006 independent movie Fur with Nicole Kidman and Robert Downey Jr. (whose character was afflicted with Hairy Nevus)?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Warning: Your avatar is Mad as a hatter(hittler)...

............2.................line

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Yeah I'm calling shenanigans on the picture. As one member has already stated, the border areas where the fur meets skin looks dodgy! If the story is sourced from The Sun in the UK, then it's more than likely a hoax!

IRM

So IRM, my favourite hairy little man, show the photo is a hoax, dont just call it

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Hypertrichosis.

You gotta wander why the doctors wouldnt call the condition?
Maybe they did, but it didnt make for a good news story.
The Hairy Nevus Ive never seen look like grey fur like.
But them Im not Hairy Nevus Physician

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just wondering, I know the Chinese govt is strict and all....

Would they let me bring her to Comic Con this year?

She'd totally be well received, half Asian half cat? They don't need to feel bad for her, they need to realize she'd be a fan boy superstar in the States!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Hypertrichosis.

Was gonna mention that myself, thing is this doesnt look like that for the most part, or like the examples ive seen, Hypertrichosis doesnt do patchs or slowly spreads, its there from birth, complete.

She could be a chimera?... ie part norm part hypertrichosis twin, it happens in animals alot, humans not so much. i wouldnt call hoax like others since these sorts of things do happen... who ever photoshoped it if it is a fake, knew exactly where to put the lay of the hair on her.

Heck from the waist down im rather hirsute myself
heck I can even understand how a mole could do this, since the moles i have all have a rather prominent furry hair growing out of em.

So i wouldnt call hoax.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

So IRM, my favourite hairy little man, show the photo is a hoax, dont just call it

Well Zazz.. my favorite little chickadee... I would need a high res photo to study the hairline otherwise it would just be an ambiguous exercise in interpreting image artifacts! My gut feeling says that the image doesn't look quite right... that's all I can go on gorgeous!

IRM

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Personally I am baffled by their being baffled.
All fetuses are covered with down - it's called lanugo - at a certain point of gestation; in most cases it disappears in due course.

It seems only logical to assume that some genetic malfunction is causing the lanugo to regrow. Granted, it must be quite a problem - but baffling...?

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's obvious that China is very interested in pushing the Genetics envelope.

sorry can't embed da vid

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulsterman
only in china eh!
just one more mutant/deformity to come from the land of lead toys and faulty cheap products.

And not to mention almost every new form of mutated flu viruses known to modern man.

Oh, and.....

Definite PhotoShopped pic.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
Personally I am baffled by their being baffled.
All fetuses are covered with down - it's called lanugo - at a certain point of gestation; in most cases it disappears in due course.

It seems only logical to assume that some genetic malfunction is causing the lanugo to regrow. Granted, it must be quite a problem - but baffling...?

remember the "half-Human, half-Goat" thread from a few weeks ago? or the "half-Monkey, half-Pig" one?

remember how about half of ATS posters thought those two creatures resulted from actual cross-species sexual couplings?

you know how educational standards in America are a little higher than they are in rural China (but still not very good?)

well, there you go.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
sounds like hypertrichosis, similar to Su Kong Tai Djin, who was clearly very awesome.

Hypertrichosis
Su Kong Tai Djin

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join