It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese 'cat-girl' baffles doctors.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Chinese 'cat-girl' baffles doctors.

news.ninemsn.com.au

A six-year-old Chinese girl has doctors puzzled after thick grey hair started growing all over her body, earning her the nickname "cat-girl".

Li Xiaoyuan, from Fengkai in southern China, had a small birthmark on her back just months ago, which has since grown to cover her entire back and parts of her arms and face, The Sun reports.

"Doctors told us it was just how a birthmark even when it started spreading but now it covers half her body," her father Li Yan was quoted as saying.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hmmm, disease or evolution?
Pls link on source and see the image, incredible fine grey like coat growing over her body.
news.ninemsn.com.au...
I'd put my money on disease, the doctors feel that it may be linked to moles and birthmarks that almost grow out of control and this is the hair growing out of them. I think Ive just found a story for the crypto chronicles.
Actulaly its really sad, this girl gets a hard time, and shes just a little girl

""None of the other children want to play with her, they are calling her cat-girl and are really mean."

Surgery for moles is no longer a option due to size of the marks.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Definitely a disease - possibly genetic. Certainly not "evolution of cat-humans"

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure about this. The only photo looks pretty sketchy- where the hair and skin meet looks a bit suspect. I don't know about ninemsn but I'd like to see more of this girl's freakish body before I rule out hoax.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Yeah I dont really think its evolution, but Im sure there will be some who would love that!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

I agree on the dodgy photo. The same story has been carried around various sites. Although none of the others I have found are showing the picture.

Nine MSN isn't known for in-depth reporting. And probably knocked up the image themselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
well assuming that the photo is real...this is pretty strange
lol..Kinda makes you think,what if all these genetic defects we see are actually junk DNA we humans have activating??...I guess just going off theory that the junk DNA is alien or w/e..and for some odd reason its just activated and just clashed with normal stuff .....just a thought thou

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
that is just odd and kind of disgusting.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

They say its hair coming out of a mole, but it looks like fur? and Ive never seen a mole with grey like fur?
eeeek

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The picture is obviously photoshopped (obvious to me)... and they quote "The Sun" which I can prove doesn't fact check or research.

I'm calling hoax.

Don't hate.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
The picture is obviously photoshopped (obvious to me)... and they quote "The Sun" which I can prove doesn't fact check or research.

I'm calling hoax.

Don't hate.

LOL! I post to get things uncovered, not to promote a belief...I throw it to the gods of reason, and if they claim hoax and prove it, then excellent our job is done

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Uh oh! Don't they eat cats in China?

I hope she doesn't end up in a wok somewhere!

Seriously, the poor girl! I hope some Dr. who can help her will see this article.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
A fur-like coating could be a brilliant cover from imminent deadly cosmic radiation.

Does her body know more than we do?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Chinese 'cat-girl'

COOL!

Me and a few million other avid catgirl fanboys have been waiting years for genetic engineering to give this to us. Looks like mother nature got tired of waiting for us

Thank you mother nature!

"None of the other children want to play with her,
they are calling her cat-girl and are really mean."

What?!??! They don't want to be friends with the catgirl? What deviant sicko perverts they must be. I'd be first in line to play with her. That's just too cool to pass up.

Though, to be fair, in the image the fur does look slightly like mold.

Stil, I'd give her the benefit of a doubt. Again...simlpy too cool to pass up.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
only in china eh!
just one more mutant/deformity to come from the land of lead toys and faulty cheap products.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Fetus in the womb is covered with a fine hair that is lost at birth. I wonder if this is a weird condition of that.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This is a type of medical condition that I have seen before, but can't think of the name of right now. Kinda rare. For some reason or other it is seen more in third world countries, (although I don't think this applies to China).

But of course it does create multiple social difficulties for the patient, and I really don't think there is a cure for it, but you can have large areas of the hair removed although it comes back after a period of time, so the removal has to be repeated throughout one's life. I don't think it causes other health issues. (If she were here I'm sure her insurance wouldn't cover it, lol)

Poor kid.

Edit to add: I didn't read the article, because I really didn't want to see the pictures, so don't know if it looks like other patients I referred to, or not. Just sayin'.............

[edit on 10/22/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAB19
lol..Kinda makes you think,what if all these genetic defects we see are actually junk DNA we humans have activating??...I guess just going off theory that the junk DNA is alien or w/e..and for some odd reason its just activated and just clashed with normal stuff .....just a thought thou

If that's the case I guess we can see an influx of "x-men" soon eh? Where's Charles Xavier when you need him for a school of mutants?

That or this poor girl has taken the "furry" psyche thing a bit too far.

The skin looks a bit airbrushed to me though, I'd have to see more pictures to have a real opinion without sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yeah I'm calling shenanigans on the picture. As one member has already stated, the border areas where the fur meets skin looks dodgy! If the story is sourced from The Sun in the UK, then it's more than likely a hoax!

IRM

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAB19
lol..Kinda makes you think,what if all these genetic defects we see are actually junk DNA we humans have activating??...

You mean like in Shadowrun? 2012 -return of magic. Maybe she is goblinizing?
Oh please, let me turn into a k'stulaami (winged T'skrang)!!! yeah, I know that's actually Earthdawn

top topics

<<   2 >>

join