It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New FDR Decode

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JFrickenK

Are both comparators required for flight at Delta?

You accused me of ad homs? Honest?

For the record, as I remember the event RE: Comparator

First, it was asked, by the fake R_Mackey whom we know for certain (because he as much as admitted it) is actually Rob Balsamo using a new sock here for a reason known only to him.

The question was specfically directed towards another ATS member, who is known (apparently) by Balsamo, who has some sort of history with Balsamo, and works the maintenance/technical side of Delta Airlines.

How am I doing so far? Is that the nutshell?

Anyways.....this goes on for a while. I was not initially addressed the question. What's more, I would have no way to know the details of the MEL for Delta's B-757s. So, there was NO reason for me to attempt to respond to that (unusual and irrelevant) question --- since I don't have those facts needed. Furthermore, it smelled a lot like some sort of personaql feud between them --- that's the only reason I can think of for the comparator question, coming out of left field as it did.

For what it's worth...on the fleet I flew, we had ONE ICU per airplane.

Here....since it's online, and not proprietary, some info from Rockwell/Collins for everyone's edification:
(Sorry, it is tabular I don't know how to BB code it to show properly)

Boeing 757, 767

Type Part Number Description

EFIP-701E 622-9436-101 Symbol Generator (Boeing PN S242T404-421). Performs signal interface for the EADI and EHSI video signals, symbol generation, system monitoring for fault detection, power control, and main control function for theEFIS-700 system. (Shipset contains 3 each.)

(skipping...blah, blah because it is a full suite package that they describe...here's the good bits at the end---

ICU-701 622-5974-101 Instrument Comparator Unit (optional) (Boeing PN S242T404-802). Provides external comparison functions in some aircraft.

Oh, and on edit because I just thought about this phrasing...and IF it is verbatim from Cap Balsamo, it displays a very telling lack of proper terminolgy that would be used by a pilot, about the component. Either he doesn't know what he is asking, and how to phrase it, or is asking in a certain way in order to play a game...which, BTW, IS the very definition of "trolling", just so you know....

Are both comparators required for flight ...

The way that should have been phrased, and would be understood bettr by a real airline pilot, is "Are both comparators required for dispatch?"

There is an important distinction there, in the interests of clarity.

[edit on 14 December 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Either way it is phrased, it is a yes or no question.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Generally, when there are two identical components it implies redundancy for dispatch purposes.

Usually, but of course not in all cases, with all airplane systems.

Even when an item can be deferred for dispatch, there are usually operating limitations or other sorts of parameters/restrictions to adhere to.

Since, on MOST B-757s that I know of there is only one comparator...I would stick my neck out and guess that IF Delta Airlines has seen fit to have two as standard equipment, then certainly one can be INOP for dispatch. Makes sense to me.

But, again...I know nothing about the specifics of Delta's setups. Aviaonics packages can vary between operators.

I would have thunk the Collins info should have been a virtual treasure trove of juicy information for such a crack researcher...always ready to dive in, for the truth, into the most technical of technical manuals necessary.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh I am sure it is a treasure trove.

Thanks for the link BTW.

Edit to add - Helpful as always.

Edit to add 2 - Well I found your "ICU-701 622-5974-101 Instrument Comparator Unit"...

Restricted Item, Contact for Availability

And you seriously expected an answer right away ?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by JFrickenK]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I held my nose, and peeked in to the P4T thread (via the link in Rob's post, a few pages back, as "R_Mackey")

I see that now the Flt Deck Door fiasco has blown up in his face, he has another bone to chew on ... the comparator.

Oh...and JFK....tell him, the "Extreme Pilot", that a comparator EICAS message does NOT trigger the Master Warning (the big red light with all the whistles, as he said in the thread over there...sheesh!!!)

Any comparator alert is a "Master Caution" EICAS message. No big red lights. A 'ding', just a chime, an amber Master Caution light and accompanying EICAS message (in amber) on the upper screen.

Not that he had any crediblity to begin with, but this just keeps digging himself in deeper.

Anyway, the gist of his assertion seems to be that the comparator parameter is missing form Warren Stutt's FDR decode.

It is yet another desperate attempt to save face after the cockpit door mess.

He actually wrote..."maybe the wire to the FDR was broken" !!!!

Really...comedy gold!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

And you seriously expected an answer right away ?

I expected an answer??? I? Man, this is going in so many circles, not sure when it'll stop.

I thought you and Robby were the ones asking?

Again...it is apparent that Robby has a beef with '767Doctor' for some reason. Hence, the snide reference here, without any explanation, nor reason stated. Just thought he could set a "gotcha" trap, I guess...in his childlike innocence.

I'd say let it be, between them. However, since it DOES relate to Warren's FDR decode it should get some light shone on it, since it will further demolish the P4T cult and their unsubstantiated claims.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread512723/pg85#pid7712116]post

I thought you and Robby were the ones asking?

Did it ever occur to you that I was asking for ME and not Rob ?

If it didn't, I was... And will continue to do so.

If you wish to communicate with Rob, do it yourself as I am a proxy for no one.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainAmerica2012
reply to post by wholetruth

Just another debunker OS loyalist trying to support an overly debunked and recanted 911 commission/ official story. He never got the memo.

Man this stuff is getting old. Debunkers should go get some new training and stop posting on 911 forums that seek an investigation.

Whats next calling everyone twoofers?

Debunkers require the "off" center press to the same degree as devout Catholics need the pope. They need validation for their beliefs. God forbid any one in the UFO area, for example, come up with an apple cart , sociatal norms our observations produce data compelling enough to stand up in a U.S. court, will turn that cart over. The powers that be don't want this to happen, (and if I was one of powers that be ? I might be greedy enough to agree with them)

Rades , FDR whatever. The point is that Bin Laden had nothing to do with 911.

Then who did?

[edit on 22-10-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Again...it is apparent that Robby has a beef with '767Doctor' for some reason.

He has a beef with reality, I'm just the messenger.

As to this new "claim" or whatever it is, that PFT is now making a fuss over....

Apparently, the parameter "COMPARATOR FAIL CAPT" is decoding as "fail" for the whole flight. Interestingly, the parameter "COMPARATOR ENABLE CAPT" is decoding as "disabled" for the whole flight. The F/O side is different, decoding as "disabled" and "enabled", respectively(the comparator is not failed, and is enabled).

How would the data look, theoretically, if there was only one compartor installed for AA 757s? I think it would look just like the above, only CAPT and F/O would be opposite. Others may draw different conclusions and that's ok.

As for Rob's question, it's not exactly a "yes" or "no" question. Weedwhacker and other aviation people know that MEL relief depends on many factors, like redundancy, and may have certain stipulations(ie may be inoperative for CAT II operations or lower, may be inop for a non-ETOPS leg) which have to be met.

Rob's simple minded nature sees things in black and white, reality is often more complicated.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by 767doctor]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Mackey
weedwacker and 767Doc wrong as usual.

Hey guys, anytime you want to have a recorded debate among a large audience, let me know. You know where to find me.

The tactic of trying to gain legitimacy by challenges to debate is old and tired and thrown back in the faces of all deniers who try it. As Deborah Lipstadt put it about Holocaust Denial:

"I have long maintained the position that it is not only counterproductive to enter into a debate with deniers but intellectually dishonest to do so. It would be to suggest that this is a "debate" about which there are two sides."

www.hdot.org...

There is no legitimacy to "9/11 Denial," Rob. There are not "two sides." You have not earned any right to claim your position is legitimate. In fact, you know your position is completely wrong.

It didn't work for Holocaust Deniers and it won't work for you.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by jthomas]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Mackey
...Gay-Weedy...

Who the hell is "Gay Weedy"? You wouldn't be engaging in some Rule 1A and 2 violations, would you?

Lets record it.. .you'll get a copy... yes.. we know.. .you dont have the technology to record a phone debate.... thats why you spend all your days and nights obsessed with me, typing your hearts out on ATS, too funny...

Come on guys... who will be first to debate the topic ....recorded?

(let the excuses fly.....)

Only if you include Wittenburg and Kolstad explaining how, with their 500,000 or whatever it is combined hours of extraordinary aviation expertise, they couldn't fly an aircraft into a building at high speed.

And include a discussion of the "SAM missiles" at the Pentagon that were stood down. No "speculation" allowed here, or as your PfT Admin Painter uses quite often, "assumptions" ("I think it is reasonable to ASSUME that the Pentagon has some sort of air-defense system." - PfT Admin Painter) (bold mine)

And include a description of your education in the field of mathematics and how you can come up with a 2,223 g error in a branch of science (aerodynamics) you claim expertise and competence in.

And a discussion, with proof, mind you, about PfT claims that Gopher 06 was vectored up along the very southern edge of P-56 (and defend, if you will, PfT's claim that you *never* speculate).

And a discussion, with proof, mind you, that the RADES data showing Gopher 06 departing on a Camp Springs 1 departure is fraudulent.

And a discussion, with proof, mind you, that the ADW Camp Springs 1 departure is *never* used in mornings when DCA is landing from the south, so to avoid, as you claim, "rush hour traffic" into DCA.

And a discussion, with proof, mind you, that a flight plan filed from ADW to MSP would not use the aforementioned CS1 departure, even though Andrews departure SOP calls for it.

And a discussion, with proof, mind you, of your claim that American 77 "overflew" the Pentagon and headed across the Potomac towards P-56.

And a discussion, with proof, mind you, of PfT claims that the aircraft involved in the 9/11 terrorist attacks were not the aircraft claims as such by the NTSB, FAA, FBI, American Airlines and United Airlines, et al. Mere conjecture, speculation and handwaving is not proof, of course - not that that particular fact would stop you.

Since PfT *never* speculates, I would expect you to provide, in writing with references that can be verified and cross checked, documentation of your claims and *cough cough* speculation.

THEN we could get on to the FDR cockpit door question and how you plan on *proving*, without speculation or assumptions, that the other documented and recorded 40 hours of flight time and any maintenance time showing no cockpit door openings does not matter in this debate. Include, please, the comments and observations of the two PfT "core members" American Airlines Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Mike Aybar and Bill Credle (speaking of which, why haven't we heard from them yet?)

I figure by 2012 you might be ready to discuss the above, since you will *still* be here on ATS or some other fora arguing some grossly miscalculated G load or some such foolishness.

Too funny!

[edit on 15-12-2009 by trebor451]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Naaa, I don't have the technology to record a phone call...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8d2e9ed8508.jpg[/atsimg]

More like, I'd rather not talk to you.

You can't even get through a discussion about flight data, and avionics on
a forum, and you want to have a debate over the phone?

Why don't we go over this one more time on the forum (new thread), and
if it appears you can handle the technology (schematics, flight data, etc.)
I'll give you a call. Deal?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by turbofan]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
JFrickenRobby,

Originally posted by JFrickenK

reply to post by R_Mackey

@767Doc

Are both comparators required for flight at Delta?

6th time asked.

Why do you keep evading this question?

I'm not 767Doctor, but...who cares?!?!?

You can't answer the question either ?

Oh well, don't feel bad... Neither can I.

I can answer your question. Here ya go:
___

Option 1. Both comparators ARE required for flights at Delta...

Conclusion:
The FD Door was not hooked up to the FDR.
The FD Door was opened during AA77's flight.
The plane (N644AA) was hijacked.
AA77 knocked down 5 light poles, flew into the Pentagon, killing all aboard.
No plane flew over the Pentagon.
___

Option 2. Both comparators ARE NOT required for flights at Delta...

Conclusion:
___

Option 3. Any other irrelevant digital-rectal extraction that you pull out of your data repository, either true or false or indifferent...

Conclusion:
___

Pick whichever Option you'd like. You'll see that all roads lead to Alexandria, VA.

Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Be sure to tell "Robby", now.

LoL.

TomK

[edit on 15-12-2009 by thomk]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbofan
Naaa, I don't have the technology to record a phone call...

Ohhh, is that an ART SGX I see, under the monitor?

Nitro, or?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

It's actually an ART Multiverb III

I'd be happy to record a video of how these logic states are stored, and
extracted to a CSV file if there is enough interest. There seems to be
some misconceptions from certain people about how the values in the
spreadsheets are displayed.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

Cool beans, TF.

While you're on about it, could you find out what is so darned important about the comparator that Rob Mackey...(or is it Bob Mackie? No, he's the guy who designed dresses for Carol Burnett and Cher, among many others...), or, ermmm....Ryan Balsamo...

Anyway, they are flapping more than their lips over there, raving about the comparator values recorded on the FDR now, as IF it has some importance to their fantasy. Or, maybe they just fervently wish it does?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by turbofan

Cool beans, TF.

While you're on about it, could you find out what is so darned important about the comparator that Rob Mackey...(or is it Bob Mackie? No, he's the guy who designed dresses for Carol Burnett and Cher, among many others...), or, ermmm....Ryan Balsamo...

Anyway, they are flapping more than their lips over there, raving about the comparator values recorded on the FDR now, as IF it has some importance to their fantasy. Or, maybe they just fervently wish it does?

Interesting... A long drawn out ad hom followed by a lie.

The last post in that thread ( I believe ) was made by me last night asking Warren to input 4 more parameters into his decoder program.

Edit to add - Since I have finally had a successful install of C# on this POS computer today, perhaps by Christmas I will understand exactly how his program works well enough to input my own parameters to decode.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by JFrickenK]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well....the ad hom shot at me was deleted.

I just found what seemed more clever, and less offensive (I hope).

But, but, but...what's this "lie" business on about, eh?

No lie in that post.

Only part I could see, from the snippets still quoted by others, from "R_Mackey"s offending post was something about '767Doc' and 'Weed' being wrong...which i assumed was in reference to the comparator.

Rich stuff, that. Considering all of the other errors, misrepresentations and what actually do look like outright lies that come from the 'you-know-who' site. Spouted by none other than the Grand Poohbah himself.

As I said...except for the subject matter, the errors and blustering falsitude (just made that up) would be hilarious.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join