It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New FDR Decode

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I am looking at you guys for answers because it is you who are the self proclaimed "experts".

It is truly sad that you are only lying to yourself as it is fairly obvious from where I sit.

As far as my saying anything to Rob about when he releases stuff, Nope.

Not my job.

The same can be said for Craig and Aldo of CIT, and I did say something to them which they ignored, and jumped all over me for suggesting that they hold off for a bit... Which in the end did cause them grief.

I think that is when I changed my policy of giving advice to people with yet to be released info.

I am reminded of something a former supervisor once said to me on the first day of a new job a long long time ago...

"Do what you want... You are going to anyway."

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Has Balsamo no shame?

Nope.

Is greed his only motivation?

Yup.

Tomk

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Since we're done with the FQMS question, I'd like to know more about this
comparator issue that is front and center.

Which comparator is in quesiton, and what column(s) of data is associated
with this parameter? I don't see anything in the NTSB CSV with a label,
"Comp", or "Compare", or "Comparator"?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

138 matches for "Comparator" in those manuals Tino...
Perhaps Rob's question has to do with 34-25-00 page 3 of the AMM. < shrugs >

[edit on 14-12-2009 by JFrickenK]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JFrickenK

IMO Boeing should release all pertinent portions of flight 77's manual relating to all the inputs which were used to generate that .FDR file so we can put an end to this... Instead of perpetuating it because of a lack of information.

Wait. You say they should release the pertinent portions of the 77's flight manual yet you said this before???

Originally posted by turbofanI'll be sure to upload all private data including your 757 manual.

Do it Tino. I #ing dare you.

And when you do I will personally make sure Boeings legal team is all over you pathetic childish ass for distributing propriatary confidential and copyrighted information.

That is no threat, it is a promise.

It is information which I DO NOT want to see in the hands of any potential terrorists.

Edit to add - from the thtreat which you made I may be too late, as you are no better than a terrorist... Threatening to aid and abet them.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by JFrickenK]

You don't want information in the hands of potential terrorists, yet you want them to release pertinent information? Why the contradiction?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JFrickenK

138 matches for "Comparator" in those manuals Tino...

JFK....when I asked Rob those questions about the comparator and its operation it was a TEST for him. I'm the instructor, he's the student. As teacher, that means, obviously, that I know the answers.

What I wanted him to respond with was a reason that the comparator, and its functions vis-a-vis the FDR are pertinent to this topic.

perhaps I wasn't clear on that, I thought it was inferred. Chalk it up to the vagaries of the forum blog communication methods.

I cannot recall an instance when I, while operating the B-757 or B-767, ever saw an ICU EICAS message. Possibly a few times in the simulator, but not as part of the normal training syllabus, likely only momentarily during 'repositiioning' of the device, or resetting...and just a glitch as a result of that, so it would have been ignored.

(Also, possibly if the sim instructor failed a G/S...but, again, we knew ahead of time, so it wasn't a procedural thing. AND we just cancel the EICAS message anyway.)

On other Boeings saw a lot more comparator alerts, but it was a different sort of display (No EICAS).

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm the instructor

From where I sit, a piss poor one.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Do you have anything more substantive to add???

Care to review my contributions, and compare to yours? And compare to others'??

Didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Only another question which I doubt you will answer based upon your track record thus far....

How many of your real life students have lived ?

An instructors job is to instruct, not dodge questions and pass the buck like you do.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Whilst trying not to respond in kind in an insulting manner....I will post this:

An instructors job is to instruct, not dodge questions and pass the buck like you do.

...and then ask for examples of this claim.

Or, to further the discussion, why not just ask the question you think was being dodged? Because I recall no direct questions for me....

Or, is this just a disengenuous tactic, again?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Your most recent example is as follows :

reply to post by R_Mackey

@767Doc

Are both comparators required for flight at Delta?

6th time asked.

Why do you keep evading this question?

I'm not 767Doctor, but...who cares?!?!?

If you wish to see more, just scroll back through this thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yeah....still, again. Who cares?

Meaning, to what purpose is the comparator pertinent to the "New FDR Decode" discussion???

Please, please tell us.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If no one cared, then the question would not have been asked.

It is you who does not care, and if you do not care then why are you bothering to post here ?

Unless of course your intent is trolling.

Edit to add - and I do not know the answer to that question, nor do I know it's relevance... But I would also like to know the answer.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamolon

IMO Boeing should release all pertinent portions of flight 77's manual relating to all the inputs which were used to generate that .FDR file so we can put an end to this... Instead of perpetuating it because of a lack of information.

Wait. You say they should release the pertinent portions of the 77's flight manual yet you said this before???

Originally posted by turbofanI'll be sure to upload all private data including your 757 manual.

Do it Tino. I #ing dare you.

And when you do I will personally make sure Boeings legal team is all over you pathetic childish ass for distributing propriatary confidential and copyrighted information.

That is no threat, it is a promise.

It is information which I DO NOT want to see in the hands of any potential terrorists.

Edit to add - from the thtreat which you made I may be too late, as you are no better than a terrorist... Threatening to aid and abet them.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by JFrickenK]

You don't want information in the hands of potential terrorists, yet you want them to release pertinent information? Why the contradiction?

I'd kind of like to see the answer to this question.

Unless the Loose Change and PfT mod intends to ignore it, as he has thus far.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by trebor451]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Oh...when faced with nothing else to say, just another in a series of insults and ad-homs?

Unless of course your intent is trolling.

Oh, please, sir...provide examples to support your accusation, or withdraw.

If no one cared, then the question would not have been asked.

A non-answer.

I say again: What is the relevance of the comparator, and any parameters from the FDR decode that may pertain to the comparator and its functions, on American Airlines 77?

Why bring it up?

What light can examining this datum shed on the investigation?

It is you who does not care, and if you do not care then why are you bothering to post here ?

Immensely humourous...if it weren't an ad hom...and tactless.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I guess you missed this part... No surprise.

Edit to add - and I do not know the answer to that question, nor do I know it's relevance... But I would also like to know the answer.

Edit to add - when others begin showing some tact, I may reciprocate.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Another ad hom, non-answer?

I guess you missed this part... No surprise.

Let's see if I follow --- Cap'n Rob comes in, asks for no apparent reason, about comparators. Just asks, no context...almost as if goading another ATS member. To what end, we still don't know.

And, then JFK's resonse? He'd like to know too. Know what? It is a pointless excercise, inspired by the tactics that we've come to know and expect, from a certain tag-team lately.

And, JFK, rather than actually contributing, either way...just follows the lead of the 'great poohbah' from P4T? Not knowing why the question was asked, or how it pertains to "New FDR Decode", but then decides that others who question its relevance are "trolling'???

In view of the huge gamut of other credible contributions made, already?

Is that the show, so far? Is this the end of Act III yet?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
More Ad homs, dancing around the question, and non answers from you.

Like I said earlier, it is ABSOLUTELY no surprise.

Did it ever occur to you, or 767 Dr., that had you answered the question this conversation would not be taking place ?

This is why you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

IMO That will never change, and I do wish I was wrong... But I am not.

Why do you choose to perpetuate something which should have been put to bed years ago, if it is not for the purpose your self indulgent trolling ?

< a sincere question >

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Again the question :

Are both comparators required for flight at Delta?

I do not know the answer to that question, nor do I know it's relevance...

But I would like to know the answer.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
JFK,

So Robby couldn't take the heat, ran away, and left you twisting in the wind, eh?

Some friend...

TomK

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join