It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Months After Stimulus 49 of 50 States Have Lost Jobs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

I even heard Obama say this week that the the stimulus is WORKING. Working for whom, I wonder?

The jobs of several of my friends and family have been saved directly due to the stimulus. They all work in, or directly with Education.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Originally posted by Helmkat
In 10 months they have not fixed the problem with the American/World economy!

Geeze, why do we even bother with these people!

I voted for some of these Holligans, I want results -NOW.

and I want a Pony.

That's what I said yesterday in my own thread (excluding the pony), it'll take years rather than months to return all indicators to normal. China is more aggressive and they don't have a lot of political hurdles, their recovery might be sooner than the US.

But don't be surprised when just before the 2010 election, things are getting really rosy, it means the team has manage to pull a fast one on the right wingers.

Without the Pony there is no recovery.

As far 2010 is concerned I would bet we are flatlined, not growing, not shrinking. That election will see a slight shift right as Bush/Cheney fades from memory. You can bet though we will still be cleaning up the mess they left in the Global litterbox.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Without the Pony there is no recovery.

As far 2010 is concerned I would bet we are flatlined, not growing, not shrinking.

Good luck with that. When you gut a fish, it's not gonna be doing much swimming afterwards.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Look it’s very simple to fix this problem. All you need to do is stop!!!!
Take the money that’s left and the money given to the banks back. Give it to small businesses and house holds that have been playing by the rules there whole lives so they can pay of the crappy loans the bankers sold them at a discount. This gives the banks there dam money back, frees up the debt to income ratio on businesses, reduces the loan to value on peoples homes so they are no longer underwater and now can sell there homes with out having to go to short sale.
Remember where this money comes from. YOU and ME. So give it back to there rightful owners.
You want a stimulus to the economy that’s how you do it. This frees up capital for small businesses (they employ over 80% percent of the people in this country) so they can open up the job market. It also frees up the debt on consumers (that’s the average Joe and Jane) so now they have a disposable income agin to go out and purchase the goods and services that the small businesses provide.
The only problem with this is THE POLITICIANS WILL HAVE NO POWER TO CONTROL YOU IF THIS IS DONE THIS WAY.
So wake up America we are being fleeced and the economic future for us and are children is being sheered of like the sheeples we’ve become.
It’s not too late to stand up right your congressman and senators. Tell them to stop the madness.
Then vote the whole lot of them out in the next election.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Let's face it, stimulus was just another excuse to loot.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
you were not really expecting to really see any jobs were you.stimulus package they say or covering up the gross mismanagement of these bankers and corporations that ran their companies into bankruptcy ,and yet they all walked away with their bonuses in hand and we the people all got stuck with the tab AGAIN. it would seem the the tax payers pockets are quite bottomless pits that are overflowing with too much money so they fleeced us once again.
car companies that made billions profit all of a sudden have no money and come with their hats in hand once again to have their palms greased in their million dollar planes .oh how hard their lives must be wallowing in a pool of my free tax dollars for their pocket filling schemes.
banks who gave out my good money and all of yours on bad loans which they full well knew they should not have done ,and they collapsed .they are all free men to do it all over again ,pie in the face as they still have their million dollar mansions and their bonuses for destroying these companies and again we have to pay for it all .
i believe they call it the right of the privileged meaning the rich get richer and we the people get poorer -ah but we the people are no more than working class slaves to they the rich monkeys swinging in the trees so high above us ,as their crap does not stink or so they think they should try to smell themselves from down in the land of the working man .
and where are our so called elected officials who were elected for us to represent us ,that's right they have their heads so far up the banks and corporations behinds that they have forgotten all about us - op`s no they didn't they helped fleece us again.

and the banks little screw up did not just affect the great U.S.A. it affected the whole world ,up here in Canada 10% of the population is out of work or so they say but this little SNAFU of theirs started 1 to 2 years ago which means that if 10% are on unemployment about the same number are now off of the dole which means that about 20% OF OUR WORK FORCE IS OUT OF A JOB, not the 10% lie the man is telling us.the other 10% are now on WELFARE. so who benefited from all of this . up here this money went to corporate pockets- propping up the banks -infrastructure projects or fixing their roads -and they are throwing money around like it was picked off of the trees ops its made of wood just like the politicians knot heads .
politicians new slogan should be[ elect us as we are brain dead & you are broke thank you people for this job as i am just a slob.]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
More education jobs saved by the "stimulus" plan, guess it's working???

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
And yet little joe biden comes out and says the stimulus is working...the more he repeats it, the more people will believe him

Straight out of the democrat manifesto:

Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

You now see Joe Biden (his time) perfectly executing this democrat strategy.

But they loved to howl about Bush's so-called "lies".

Makes the dems hypocrites, as well.

[edit on 3/16/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Bottom line - you cannot have any recovery without jobs, good paying jobs, the ones the American public used to have before everything was outsourced overseas in the name of greater profit. Capitalism at it's finest? Maybe not, but very shortsighted and focused only on the get rich quick attitude of the big shareholders and Wall Street bankers.
I also hear that the social security fund has gone into negative figures already, just as the baby-boomers are getting to retirement age. Looted by Clinton to provide his budget surplus, looted more by Bush and all they left were IOU's.
Very bad times ahead indeed.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
reply to post by sadchild01

I've heard that argument before and I don't buy it. The dems sent over a buttload of folks back in the 70's to the Repubs and we call those a holes "neo-cons". THOSE groups are the same. True Repubs don't buy in to all this crap, you just never hear from them due to the stiffling by the media.

That is true. Most, if not all of the so called "neo-cons" are RINOS (Republican In Name Only) but they are not Republican, and they do not advocate what Republicanism is all about.

The REpublican party has been infiltrated by Democrats/Progressives, and others, and the rest seem to have been bought off.

This is not new....even back in the day George Washington (yes the U.S. president) talked about an infiltration tactic being used by none other than the Communists in the U.S. and U.S. government....

This infiltration has been occurring for decades, and many of those people were/are part of the Democrat party. The rest of the Democrats were very leftists back in the day to the point that they bought off, and were indoctrinated into the Communist propaganda, and this propaganda/agenda is now being called "Progress" or "Progressive"....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join