It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Months After Stimulus 49 of 50 States Have Lost Jobs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
eye of the Storm, were in a lull, at the moment. Ahem, I keep looking far and wide for these Obama, voters... Perhaps if you send him some emails begging for help he will do a concert for you. He seems to be making lotsa money right now. NO the stimulus did not make job, it just added more money to welfare and hud programs, food stamps etc. tentacles of control for all the unemployed when their unemployment runs out and begging starts for gov. help. Not to mention it may not get better.. BTW.. Just reaching par economically with all the layoffs...

Pretty nasty out there..

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Bicent76]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

In 10 months they have not fixed the problem with the American/World economy!

Geeze, why do we even bother with these people!

I voted for some of these Holligans, I want results -NOW.

and I want a Pony.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
OMG....PEOPLE!

PLEASE! This is NOT, and HAS NOT been a "democratic" or "republican" issue for AGES now!

These parties, and all of the criminals within BOTH of them are two sides of THE EXACT SAME COIN!!!

What is it going to take to wake people up to this, and quit with the "left wing" this, "right-wing" that, which is EXACTLY what those running the show behind the scenes WANT?!? Because that "illusion of difference" is what keeps people arguing and bickering and insulting one another and "the other party" and keeps them from focusing on the broader issue of who is REALLY running things, and who is responsible for choosing who we EVEN GET A CHOICE to "vote" for, which are carefully selected SERVANTS of these Elitist groups who are continually robbing us all, keeping perpetual wars and conflict going, and keeping us all as slaves to THEIR system of power and control.

Dig deep people, you will start to see how this game has been completely rigged from the top down, and we have to look past "parties" and begin to shed light on who the REAL perpetraters behind the mess and chaos are, and have been for a LONG time.

Apologies if I have upset anyone, but I want you guys to look further and beyond than what has been being done to us by the "political parties". That is key to unraveling this merry-go-round of endless corruption we have been subjugated to for decades now.

I agree totyally with you. I used the terms Democrats and Republicans back there because that is what we are used to seeing on the news, and it's what people understand. Although these guys ARE controlled like puppets from above, I still consider the fact that both sides WANT this to happen, that's why they work so diligently for the elites. We can only focus on what we are given. Repubs and Demos are like 2 families of hyena's fighting over the same piecs of meat or like 2 travelers that are heading for the same destination but one wants to take the scenic, long route (Democrats) and one wants to knock the trip out as if it were a mission (repubs)......yet both are heading to the same destination....the New World Order. Both sides (as evidence clearly shows) are out to destroy "we the people".............they just want to do it in different ways. Democrats want to kill us slow and methodically, and Repubs want to get the job done quick. But we know very little about the methods and ways of the elites or who many of them are. All we have are the worker bees who protect their queen. No one is fooled by the elites,it's just that they are very secretive and hard to hold acountable. As a bear might say,......you have to go where the honey IS.....not where you think it might be. Make no mistake about it, most of us now know that there are 2 teams playing against each other....both with the goal of winning the same game....we are in the fourth quarter......and we know of the coach (elites) who is in charge of it all yet rarely ever heard from.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil
Yeah I am with Dimensional Detective.

Reminds me of a south park episode when they talk about how the US government was designed from is conception to guarantee and facilitate a division amongst the society...a split right down the middle. People would only care about bickering and fighting with the other half.

yeah, but the only thing tho is, people like Delusional Detective are mostly the delusional ones. Its easy to cop out and strawman an argument saying that they're both the same sides rather than actually dig in, deal with confrontation and look for real issues.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Man this country is so screwed...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
and over the next 24 months.... we will be too poor to rebel.

We will never be to poor to rebel. Look at the French Revolution or Russia's communist revolutions. It was the poor who rebelled then.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The problem is with the banks who aren't lending the bailout money out as intended folks. You need business growth to create jobs. Unless you thought that the government was going to employ all of the unemployed, which would really translate to communism.

But without business growth you aren't going to see jobs being created. Plain and simple.

The reason as to why the banks aren't lending is that the banks are in the hole....deep. They're broke.

Just take a look at Bank of America's reported losses of 2.2 Billion in the last QUARTER. They took that bailout money and used it for day to day operations.

Anyone here remember all of the hoopla about the last Bilderberg meeting over a year ago ?

They , the Bilderbergers had clearly stated that we were in for a depression....which is an extended recession, so just hold on for the ride.

Obama or McCain or Bush it doesn't really matter. The rich will always get richer and the poor will always get poorer.
Welcome to the Third World folks !

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder

Originally posted by silver tongue devil
Yeah I am with Dimensional Detective.

Reminds me of a south park episode when they talk about how the US government was designed from is conception to guarantee and facilitate a division amongst the society...a split right down the middle. People would only care about bickering and fighting with the other half.

yeah, but the only thing tho is, people like Delusional Detective are mostly the delusional ones. Its easy to cop out and strawman an argument saying that they're both the same sides rather than actually dig in, deal with confrontation and look for real issues.

I find it entertaining that you accuse him of being fallacious with a strawman, yet the entirety of your argument was another form of fallacy known as 'Attacking the Person', hoping to appeal to emotion are we?

By the way if anything he was using a 'False Dilemma' not a Srawman. He didn't misrepresent the OPs position, he introduced a new one.

Oh boy, logic and critical reasoning terms. That makes for an exciting post.

Anyways... back to South Park.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

im sooo sick of this country and obama. as soon as i find a job im buying a plane ticket and getting the hell out any place is better then here.even mexico

You do sound serious. You do know that North Dakota is the best place to go because it gained 1800 jobs since Stimulus. And my state Alaska would be 2nd best. Sure hope you like long cold winters, snowmobiling and all that!

No need to learn Spanish, that's hard!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
To be fair, the Porkulous package wasn't all about spending tax dollars; a fair portion of the money was "spent" by lowering the Federal Income Tax rates so your paycheck would be a little bit larger (a very little bit if I remember correctly). Of course, I believe the law was written such that in 2010, we'll end up paying back the $$$ that they didn't take out in 2009.

Ah yes, Hope & Change...I'm hoping 2010 changes things in Congress.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

But without business growth you aren't going to see jobs being created. Plain and simple.

Here's the deal... Business is not going to start hiring until Congress and Obama signal that they will give business a favorable environment. Until that happens... Congress isn't doing that now and Obama talks down to businesses and blames them for the problem when He IS THE PROBLEM. Not us!

Obama, Pelose and Reid are blowing smoke!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
IS this in regards, to the stimulus checks we all got alt year? IF so. me and just about everyone else here, knew it was table scraps...the idea wa to give us money, to help bosot the economy via spending.The fed was actually worried! wede save the money, hide it, bank it, not spend it. WTF are yuo gunna do with $500? $1,200 if you got a kid or married. thats about a 3 ro 4 days grocery right thier split. I figured, the average person, needs $7,000 in stimulus. Obviously, to pay off thier debts, buy new cars, houses, crap like that, take alot to gain alot nowadays.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Like I said before... if it was indeed 3.7 Trillion, that comes to 12,000 per person. I know that if I were given 12,000 I'd pay off every last penny of my debt and then buy all kinds of stuff. Of course, I'm not a billionaire so instead of all that nonsense I won't have the luxury of bribing congress to pass a law that makes everybody else pay off my debts for me.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
What happened to the stimulus funds in your city, county, area?

Here, in my county, the funds went to send teachers off to a week-long "History" camp! No new jobs.

In the nearest town - the money was spent on crime lab equipment but NOT jobs. They even explained why. They would be stuck paying salaries to people they didn't want or need after the funds ran out. Therefore, it went for chemical toys for the boys in blue.

This household has been laid off for 6 months now. Thanks to stimulus!

www.recovery.org...*US&mloc=US

I would say thanks to greedy Wall Street executives

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by nh_ee

Obama talks down to businesses and blames them for the problem when He IS THE PROBLEM. Not us!

Gee, so you are a ten TRILLION dollar conglomerate that insured your own investments
with the same money that was invested?

I think you have a Napoleon Business complex -

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

DLTDHYAOTWO

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
And yet little joe biden comes out and says the stimulus is working...the more he repeats it, the more people will believe him

There is another "stimulus package" on the way....

July 7 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. should consider drafting a second stimulus package focusing on infrastructure projects because the $787 billion approved in February wasa bit too small,” said Laura Tyson, an outside adviser to President Barack Obama.

www.bloomberg.com...

Let's cheer some more for CHANGE!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by plumranch

Thank goodness! If it weren't for Obama, then 57 states would have lost jobs.

-whew-

Gosh, we dodged a bullet there.

Obama=Bad Joke on America

Actually according to Obama it would have been 60 states...

No wonder the country is being destroyed...those in power have no idea in what country they are trying to rule... They must think this is China which would explain the depopulation agenda the Obama administration wants...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Does everybody realize that one of the reasons that the stimulus money might not be working is because IT HASN'T BEEN SPENT YET!

2010 is a Congressional election year. If the election were to be held right now it would be a bloodbath for the Democrats. It is my opinion that starting next year, the rest of the stimulus money will be unleashed all at once, creating a temporary economic boom that the Dems can try to take credit for, just before the elections. A direct reversal of the tactic that they pulled in 2008 that put us in this mess in the first place.

Yeah I know that, they only use 50% as of right now if I'm not mistaken. Recovery will take a while since it's a small stimulus, and not much of a 'shovel ready' stimulus either. China is more aggressive (they can afford to), considering the alternative, it'll be Lehman Bros all over again. That's why the previous administration was bailing them out, and Obama follow suit.

I myself don't want any bailout or stimulus, since it's not my livelihood that is on the line, it's the americans and the chinese. Ha ha.

You see ATSers, whether it's Hu Jin Tao and Wen Jiao Bao, or Bush, or Obama, they have to issue the stimulus, otherwise Lehman will not stop at Lehman.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
In 10 months they have not fixed the problem with the American/World economy!

Geeze, why do we even bother with these people!

I voted for some of these Holligans, I want results -NOW.

and I want a Pony.

That's what I said yesterday in my own thread (excluding the pony), it'll take years rather than months to return all indicators to normal. China is more aggressive and they don't have a lot of political hurdles, their recovery might be sooner than the US.

But don't be surprised when just before the 2010 election, things are getting really rosy, it means the team has manage to pull a fast one on the right wingers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join