It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Months After Stimulus 49 of 50 States Have Lost Jobs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
OMG....PEOPLE!

PLEASE! This is NOT, and HAS NOT been a "democratic" or "republican" issue for AGES now!

These parties, and all of the criminals within BOTH of them are two sides of THE EXACT SAME COIN!!!

What is it going to take to wake people up to this, and quit with the "left wing" this, "right-wing" that, which is EXACTLY what those running the show behind the scenes WANT?!? Because that "illusion of difference" is what keeps people arguing and bickering and insulting one another and "the other party" and keeps them from focusing on the broader issue of who is REALLY running things, and who is responsible for choosing who we EVEN GET A CHOICE to "vote" for, which are carefully selected SERVANTS of these Elitist groups who are continually robbing us all, keeping perpetual wars and conflict going, and keeping us all as slaves to THEIR system of power and control.

Dig deep people, you will start to see how this game has been completely rigged from the top down, and we have to look past "parties" and begin to shed light on who the REAL perpetraters behind the mess and chaos are, and have been for a LONG time.

Apologies if I have upset anyone, but I want you guys to look further and beyond than what has been being done to us by the "political parties". That is key to unraveling this merry-go-round of endless corruption we have been subjugated to for decades now.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's the planned destruction of the middle class.....And America......It's called the NWO.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It is still Bush's fault. You guys got use to some honesty in the White House and now you complain because there is none any more. If Bush had lied then, you would be more accepting of the current situation.

Live with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
according Lindsey Williams -- its just enough to get us fustrated with everything, and over the next 24 months.... we will be too poor to rebel.
thats seems to be spot on what I am seeing... they are slowly bleeding us... I thought we were all in this together... it appears that was a mistake to assume that...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I heard somewhere that the stimulus package was just a bonus for the elite. Maybe they were right about that...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thank heavens Hawaii needs extra help to supress Obama's birth certificate otherwise it would have been 50 out of 50!

The Stimulus package has been a huge fraud and theft upon the American people.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
National Debt by U.S. President - Wikipedia

Notice that he had to YELL and cite Wikipedia.

I've cited Wikipedia in the past also... but never for data that is dodgy or prone to political manipulation. 37 edits in one year? LOL!!!

Edit, reconsidered: That's 37 Edits in 10 months or about 3.7 per month.

Here is a chart.. (yeah, I made it) a bit old, but I'll explain that blue and red bar line at the top. That's the party affiliation of the President in office at that moment in time. Red and Blue... you know who.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad88da51ce11.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way... this data is from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics and the Federal Reserve. The only Wiki based data on it is the President info at the top. Draw your own conclusions. I'm not going to yell at you. You are smarter than that.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well all you who thought this (whatever) was the savior. Your right, he's saving you and your family for something very special.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
All right check this out, Anyone who has posted with me/against me should know this. I hate BARAK HUSIEN OBAMA, Mmm,mmm,mm.

I also hated King George.

Put even more importantly I Hate CONGRESS, If i could scream it any louder I would. CONGRESS is the problem with the country. Obama is just a loud mouth talking head that is all he is. Congress controls the purse strings, congress has to send him a spending bill, That is the way the constitution works. The president can ask for this and that, CONGRESS decides whether to give it to him or not....

BLAME CONGRESS, BLAME REID AND PELOSI THEY WROTE THE DAMN BILLS FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Thank goodness! If it weren't for Obama, then 57 states would have lost jobs.

-whew-

Gosh, we dodged a bullet there.

Obama=Bad Joke on America

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

First of all, star for you for making me laugh out loud for real.

Second, and to address everyone, crunch that number for a second. 3.7 Trillion Dollars, with roughly 300 million U.S. citizens, comes to over $12,000 per person. That probably exceeds my yearly income at my incredible new job that was the only thing available in my city.

So when everyone I know makes $12,000 - plus interest and adjustment for inflation - as a direct result of this bullsh... er, uh, I mean, this farce of a stimulus package I will consider it a sound investment in the country's future. That's $12,000 additional dollars to what they would have made otherwise.

Can any of you clowns who are still swinging from Obama's teet honestly say you believe that everyone will make at least 12 grand plus interest and adjustment for inflation?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Stimulus? For whom I wonder. My job was done away with (reduction in force) in the middle of last January. And that was in the medical field. I have had zero success in my search for a job, and that is with looking daily. The unemployment rate for the State of TN when I was laid off was around 6.5%. It is now 10.5%. If the stimulus is working, it must be somewhere else. I suppose if I were a banker I would have plenty of stimulus?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I guess your point was that generally Democratic presidents had lower national debt?

It is rarely fair to credit the president with the debt (although it is done all the time) as Congress makes and passes the laws.

Reagan is generally credited with greatly increasing tax revenues but his democratic House and Senate just spent it all as fast as it came in. They spent the windfall!

Bill Clinton had conservative house and senate that had promised to reduce the debt and did. Bill Clinton had little to do with it. Had Clinton gotten his government run health care that he campaigned on he probably would have had debt also. Bill Clinton's term were good years when the economy was recovering and taxes were rolling in from the Reagan tax cuts.

Every presidency has a different story. But Obama, Pelosi and Reid far and away get the prize for racking up an incredible amount of debt with little to show for it!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah I am with Dimensional Detective.

Reminds me of a south park episode when they talk about how the US government was designed from is conception to guarantee and facilitate a division amongst the society...a split right down the middle. People would only care about bickering and fighting with the other half.

Welcome to South Park.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I knew this guy would be making promises he couldn't keep. Change we can believe in my @$$. I told my wife and we even argued about this guy. She was one of the ones who was bedazzled by his persona and his charisma and even after all he HAS NOT done.....she still is entranced somewhat, just like many others. I wish they would get rid of Republicans AND Democrats and replace them with someone a little more responsible with everything.....................like monkeys. I fell that monkeys have a higer intelligence than most of our government on both sides of the fence. On next election I am voting for Curious George for President!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

He said "57 States"
He's obviously travelled to a few that the rest of us never knew existed...
But hey, I didn't vote for the fool! Thanks for making me laugh Mike!

Here's the magician's sleight of hand that Assclown started and the rest of his minions have oft repeated, "SAVE or create... jobs". Pay attention now, "SAVE or create... jobs". Did you notice the "Save" part? Yes, very clever triangulation. He's claiming that perhaps the stimulus didn't "Create" as many jobs as he had hoped, but it has certainly "Saved" millions upon millions of them. Now how in the hell can anyone prove or disprove that!?!?

Fact: The only thing that this stimulus has done is persuaded a few companies to hold off on laying-off employees under the false hope that the economy would turn around and they would need those trained workers. As others have already indicated, those companies are quickly arriving at the end of the line and intend lay-offs in the near future. This will, in turn, exacerbate the problem which will lead to additional lay-offs and so the cycle turns...

Nope, we're screwed. The sooner the whole house of cards comes crashing down then the sooner we can get about the business of cleaning it all up - less the criminal politicians and bankers or course.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Does everybody realize that one of the reasons that the stimulus money might not be working is because IT HASN'T BEEN SPENT YET!

2010 is a Congressional election year. If the election were to be held right now it would be a bloodbath for the Democrats. It is my opinion that starting next year, the rest of the stimulus money will be unleashed all at once, creating a temporary economic boom that the Dems can try to take credit for, just before the elections. A direct reversal of the tactic that they pulled in 2008 that put us in this mess in the first place.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

His couse of cards is being propped up with OUR money, OUR hard work and the bodies of the unemployed.

-do I sound angry?-

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
this country is worthless... i have been looking for a job everyday since febuary when i moved to indiana from denver colorado.. im sooo sick of this country and obama. as soon as i find a job im buying a plane ticket and getting the hell out any place is better then here.even mexico and thats where im gonna go. cost of living is cheap jobs are easy to find. idk why all of the mexican people want to come here when there is no money or jobs to be had unless you do things illegaly. Thanks obama for ruining the country more then it already was and making us go into debt even more for now reason thanks alot !!!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The reason why jobs are still leaving is because this is a fake recovery. The only thing that is recovering is the stockmarket and that's because the money has to go somewhere that Bernanke is printing. The smart ones are getting out while the dumb people are being coaxed to come back into a fake market rally. And since this is a fake rally that explains why the REAL economy or brick and mortar one is still doing bad. Because people are losing their jobs and can't find work. And since people are losing their jobs they can't purchase, and since they can't purchase they can't contribute to this 70% consumer based economy.

We are in a depression, and they are just playing semantics with the words.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join