It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unwanted swine flu testing 10/21/09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I wasn't even sure what to label this..

Well today my uncle was sick and decided to go to his doctor about it. My aunt said she would go but decided to stay in the car because she didn't want to get sick from the people in the waiting room.

While she was sitting there, she was surprised when a nurse asked her to roll down her window for an oral swabbing. Yes, that's right. They were testing everyone in the parking lot.

She complied but that some other people left when the nurse asked.
The nurses would swab their mouths and then go in and come back out and sometimes my aunt would see them follow them back into the office.

There is something definitely wrong going on.

This happened in Marion, Indiana. btw

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Very interesting and a bit disconcerting. I personally would have had a few choice words for the nurse had I been in that situation, but hey, that's me. I guess the real question is, what gives them the right?

The only real motivation I can see is that if you can find more potentially ill people just chillin in the parking lot, that means more revenue for said health institution.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
or dna databasing...

oral swabs are how thats done too

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

This is very true, either way the prudent thing to do in that situation is to just say no. Unless there is an officer with a gun to my head, there is no way in hell I'm going to submit to any type of random testing.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I took my children in to our doctor for a strep culture after a week of fever and sore throat. I have taken my children to this doctor their whole lives. My children are 10 and 7. We went to the doctors in masks to prevent illness. Upon checking in the receptionist asked me for photo ID on the kids. I said are you serious they are 10 and 7. She said yes it is a new federal law that everyone provides photo ID. I said how am I supposed to have photo ID on them they are minors. She said I don't know? Seriously! While we were waiting to see the doctor EVERY person was told the same question. When they sat down in the waiting room everyone under their breath was saying they asked for photo ID on them or their kids because of a new law.
In my county we have had 2 H1N1 deaths, one of them was yesterday, and she had no underlying conditions. My daughters class had 1 child out on Monday two weeks ago , 3 on Tuesday, and 19 kids went home from school with fevers on Friday! When I spoke to the principal she said they aren't reporting this to the parents because 20% of the school has to be sick first. My daughter said her teacher stood up and said this is getting out of hand after the 12th child went to the office, again by days end there were 19 sent home. My daughter was upset when she came home from school.
I have just joined this forum after months of reading specifically to post this! Be well!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Well today my uncle was sick and decided to go to his doctor about it. My aunt said she would go but decided to stay in the car because she didn't want to get sick from the people in the waiting room.

Uh huh. Yes, one way to pick up the flu is to go into a Dr.'s office where there are a lot of sick people. Your Aunt is smart.

While she was sitting there, she was surprised when a nurse asked her to roll down her window for an oral swabbing. Yes, that's right. They were testing everyone in the parking lot.

Well, the Dr. office was probably very full, and to keep people from getting impatient while waiting for others inside who were sick, they offered this swabing as a free service. I have been offered free blood sugar and cholesteral testing at a hospital where I was waiting for a friend to come out of open heart surgury.

There is something definitely wrong going on.

This is an awfully bold statement for somebody giving us this information second hand. I don't suppose you called this Dr. office and asked for yourself what they were doing, did you?

Tell you what. Feel free to give me the number to the Dr. office, and I will call them and ask, if you don't want to do it yourself. Feel free to U2U the number to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by safebet22

I have been to the doctor 2 times in the last two weeks, and my mom took my son another time as well and not once have we been asked for a photo ID.

I do however have to have a paper signed at the office saying that she has permission to seek treatment for him since she is not his legal guardian.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
well not sure what to make of this but needing photo id for a kid i have never heard of- that is out of hand and ludicrous.
and if i took my gf or her kids or anyone else to the dr.s and didn't want to go inside so instead waited in the car and was reading a book or whatever and someone came up and said they needed a swab from me i know exactly what i would say-GFY
and if they persisted next thing they know they will staring down the barrel of a loaded 45 acp and if i'm in a good mood i won't kick their head in before the police arrive lol

top topics

join