It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Extensive Breakdown of Biblical Contradictions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicaviv
reply to post by APOCOLYPSE DAWN

I respectfully disagree, John may be speaking here but he is acknowledging the words which were spoken to him from Jesus. Notice the Quotation marks in his verse. This is the Word of Christ given to john. He is simply relaying the message like the other disciplines did to complete the text of the book.

Like I said before and I will stress it again. These are John's words not God's as you said everything christ said was in quotation this is not.

Take a couple different versions of the bible:

NIV:
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Amplified Bible:
18I [personally solemnly] warn everyone who listens to the statements of the prophecy [the [a]predictions and the consolations and admonitions pertaining to them] in this book: If anyone shall add anything to them, God will add and lay upon him the plagues (the afflictions and the calamities) that are recorded and described in this book.

19And if anyone cancels or takes away from the statements of the book of this prophecy [these predictions relating to Christ's kingdom and its speedy triumph, together with the consolations and admonitions or warnings pertaining to them], God will cancel and take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the city of holiness (purity and hallowedness), which are described and promised in this book.

Today's New International Version:
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If any one of you adds anything to them, God will add to you the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if any one of you takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from you your share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

New Living Translation:
18 And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

See my point! this is John the MAN talking not God specifically...

Remember to use multiple Translations of the Bible it will bring clarity to the meaning.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I didn't have time to read through everything, but one doesn't need to look at the contradictions.

One needs to look all the people that have been killed by god, or by orders given from god, or in the name of god.

And then to top it all off by condemning someone to eternal punishment?

If your kids make a mistake or don't obey you do you murder them? Do you eternally and infinitely punish them?

I hope not.

Because that is what god does in the bible time and time again.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

The KJV is the original words of god.

Oh? So the Hebrew and Greek that the KJV is based off of isn't the word of God? Or did Shakespearean English exist before ancient Greek and Hebrew? What about the English Bible translations that came before the KJV?

(Though some these days are fulsely labelled, and have what man would consider minor differences such as putting a small "s" instead of a Upper Case "S" in the word "Spirit".)

By using a lower case "s" sometimes in the modern translations, no one has "fusley" done anything. A capital "s" would be referring the Holy Spirit. But not every occurence of the word spirit refers to the Holy Spirit.

The textus receptus is a mass of thousands of fragmented documents which all line up perfectly one to another.

Yes, that's because they tell the same story. This is like me taking thousands of different editions of Hamlet and being marveled at how well they match up. By the way, the modern Bibles use Greek texts that are older than the Textus Receptus. The Textus Receptus is a good work for it's time, but it's been proven to have interpolations. Some places in the TR are even based off of Latin. Not all the editions of the Textus Receptus are the same either. For example, the Luther Bible was translated by Luther using the first edition of the Textus Receptus. It doesn't have 1 John 5:7b!

The modern Bibles (promoted by occultists (Zondervan is a subsidiary to the company that sells the satanic bible))

That's a misinformation. There are people in every belief system that use many Bible. In fact, most of the time they use the KJV! Also, Zondervan is an independent branch of Harper Collins. Harper Collins might sell the Satanic Bible, but Zondervan can't be blamed for that. That's like blaming a child for something it's dad's done.

You still though have the many other Christian publishers that publish modern Bibles though. Crossway, for example.

are based on vaticanis alexandrius syaticus etc which are the oldest text and are full texts. These text remained intact for so long because they are usless adulterated corrupt texts not worth reading.

Um. Did you know that there is only a 1-2% (or so) variance between the text families? The variations stemming from them not containing some phrases that the Byzantine text has? You should watch this video and the second part of it to hear it explained. That guy has other videos that you should watch too, in which he counters KJVonlyer's prooftexts.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
I didn't have time to read through everything, but one doesn't need to look at the contradictions.

One needs to look all the people that have been killed by god, or by orders given from god, or in the name of god.

And then to top it all off by condemning someone to eternal punishment?

If your kids make a mistake or don't obey you do you murder them? Do you eternally and infinitely punish them?

I hope not.

Because that is what god does in the bible time and time again.

Please read the thread as some of your questions or ideas have been discussed.

I am going to go kill 1,000,000 kittens in your name ohhh and by the way you told me to do that. Also I am going to claim you killed 500,000 yourself just last week

I hope you dont mind

People are so confused about Christianity these days its a sad sad world that must people dont really know or care to know because the acts of men. God is all powerful and holy he has every right to do as he sees fit. If you knew better that would make you better than God and if your better than God then God must not be God after all! If God decides to wipe the planet clean he has every right to!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Ok. Who was Jesus grandfather from his fathers side?

Jacob/Heli. It's entirely possible that either the person had two names or Matthew skipped skipped Heli. Pretty much everyone knows that Matthew skipped generations (which would've been allowed per Hebrew thought), so that he could have groups of fourteen.

And is that the reason we are told in Timothy and Titus that we should avoid genealogies?

First Timothy 1.3-4:

As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine, nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith.

Titus 3.9:

But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

No, Paul, from the evidence that we have from Ephesus, was probably correcting the overemphasis that some teachers were putting on the genealogies of characters in Jewish myths.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit777child
Hi all,

I came across this today and thought id post it here as it really made me question the validity of the bible.

I am somewhat religious in that i like to apply good parts of most religions and philosophies to my life if they help me improve it.

This has made me think twice about taking the bible at face value.

please let me know your thoughts!!

Thanks
Spirit

www.disclose.tv...

That person is wayyyy out of context.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by APOCOLYPSE DAWN

Please read the thread as some of your questions or ideas have been discussed.

I am going to go kill 1,000,000 kittens in your name ohhh and by the way you told me to do that. Also I am going to claim you killed 500,000 yourself just last week

I hope you dont mind

People are so confused about Christianity these days its a sad sad world that must people dont really know or care to know because the acts of men. God is all powerful and holy he has every right to do as he sees fit. If you knew better that would make you better than God and if your better than God then God must not be God after all! If God decides to wipe the planet clean he has every right to!

What are you saying exactly?

And what makes your god real over all the other gods? Other religions have a holy book too. Why is it that a number of pagan religions have the exact same story as christianity concerning the savior that dies for the sins of the world.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

What's with the us and our? If you say he's referring to the trinity then the whole bible should be written in that perspective as well. When you write a story you don't switch between past tense and present tense and future tense.

This perfect god is leaving my eternal fate to a book written by man. Yeah, good one.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit777child
This has made me think twice about taking the bible at face value.

Herein lies a major problem with the religious world. Too many people take the bible's words at face value.

When are people going to wake up to the fact that we shouldn't read into the bible like this? We should take overall themes, like doing unto others as we would like to have done unto us, and assimilate them. Not the literal interpretations. It is my belief that a little bit can be taken from most religions, and be put to good use.

GOD Bless.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 arent even the same, ie things happen in different orders.

Bible = fail.

I suppose the poster who was talking about exi whatever reads the bible in its original language which would be necessary to do exiwhatever? Otherwise he should probably be vewy vewy quiet.

actually, I cant read or speak Hebrew or Greek. I am just one man that does alot of research and trust God to lead me down the right path.

Honestly, I pray for people like you who just debunk the bible as myth or whatever without even doing the research... So complacent and easily driven away from the flock (i know this is gonna sound bad) but your an easy kill for Satan... sad to say but when the day comes I hope I dont have to see you turned down because you rejected God but I have the funny feeling I will.

All I can do is point you in the right direction its your choice to look to God or look to yourself...

Ive done tons of research. Probably more than you. The Bible and its new testament hero are both purely fiction.

Ive nothing to fear from a god who cant defeat iron chariots anyway. I'll just run him down in my Ford Escape.

Judges 1:!9

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

VROooooooooooooM.

If you want to rely on someone who killed 2 million people in the bible to lead you down the right path while the one you despised only killed 3 then you need a new moral compass anyway.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ive done tons of research. Probably more than you. The Bible and its new testament hero are both purely fiction.

Ive nothing to fear from a god who cant defeat iron chariots anyway. I'll just run him down in my Ford Escape.

Judges 1:!9

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

VROooooooooooooM.

If you want to rely on someone who killed 2 million people in the bible to lead you down the right path while the one you despised only killed 3 then you need a new moral compass anyway.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by watcher73]

No sense in trying to show you the falacy of your statements but hey since you want to go down your path by all means go for it in your Ford Escape lol I hope its fireproof! Ohhh and btw Jesus is historically proven in over 5 different cultures and even in other religions
so you can call him fictitious all you want. And to whom are you refering to that killed 2 million people and the other who only killed 3?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
What are you saying exactly?

What I am saying is that if there is a benevolent God. Then that makes him the Supreme authority over everything and everyone. That means he knows more than me and he knows more than you. So if he deems it necessary to wipe the earth clean of man kind then so be it. How can i question His authority and knowledge on the matter seeing as he is the Almighty Creator. It is his right as I am His creation. That was the point I was getting to. When we question "God" we bring him down to our level the same as a man void and prone to error. If you dont believe in the one true "God" but in many gods then this wouldnt apply. but if there are multiple gods then which one is the ruler of the gods and who created the gods? there are so many questions that could be continued to ask...

And what makes your god real over all the other gods? Other religions have a holy book too. Why is it that a number of pagan religions have the exact same story as christianity concerning the savior that dies for the sins of the world.

Christianity is called a "Faith" for a reason. We go on Faith that our God is the real God. The Jews worship the same God as we do and our God is the oldest recorded in history not the greeks or the chinese but in all of history the Jewish God is the Oldest.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

What's with the us and our? If you say he's referring to the trinity then the whole bible should be written in that perspective as well. When you write a story you don't switch between past tense and present tense and future tense.

Ok here is the deal with the Us an Our words. They are there for emphasis on the "Tri-Unity" and I again say Tri-unity not the trinity but the tri-unity the importance of the tri-unity is the fact that God, the Holy Spirit, and Christ are one in the same. I know this is hard to grasp. However, God is not easy to Grasp I mean come on if we could grasp him would he really be all that great? so back to the tri-unity... God is like the color Green and so is the tri-unity... now get this green is made up and forms 3 different colors (Blue, yellow, Green) Green is not all three colors seperated out but together they are all green. Yet each has a specific trait or part in the color green. just like like the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each of them have a separate role just like the color green.

The point of that being is that the term trinity refers to 3 separate entities and that leads to so which one is more powerful? and how can christ claim he is God? and etc...

God chose to say "us" and "our" just for the simple fact that he is multiple entities but only one entity. Again another hard item to grasp/understand. I am just giving my best trying to explain this... If God chose to use Us and Our he may be trying to tell us something...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Luckily for all of us, all Bible contradictions are explained.
Start here: www.apologeticsindex.org...

If we can explain all the Bible contradictions to you, will you become a Christian? Probably not. The Bible predicted you would not. bible.cc...

When God wants you to come to Him, He will call you:
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:

Those of you who want to destroy religion, take heed.

Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. (abortions)
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (his name means "Self-existent salvation"...*Jesus)
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh (a child is named, *name only you know), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(You, Him, Her, I, She, It, Them....Everyone...is the "ONLY Begotten"...your "one of a kind")

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The crusaders where even found by the church as heretics!!! and were condemned for their actions.

Erm yeah only AFTER the warped church had used them for their military and political agendas. Use and abuse. Tyical church dogma that one and all in the name of your God ... whilst man might appear be corrupt, it is religion that gives him that excuse to be so.

All organised religion should be abolished. If you want to believe in a God and fairies then that is fine, belief is different to religion but religion has to go for the world to move forward.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. (abortions)
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (his name means "Self-existent salvation"...*Jesus)
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh (a child is named, *name only you know), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(You, Him, Her, I, She, It, Them....Everyone...is the "ONLY Begotten"...your "one of a kind")

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

That is a huge distortion of the texts! and a strict practice of Eisegesis!

Once again people practicing Eisegesis to explain their point of view and not the true meaning of the "AUTHOR"...

for those of you who still dont get what I have been telling you lets look at an example:

letthereaderunderstand writes:

"God loves all the children of the world. he especially Loves little joey over here. Joey is from Germany and his parents imigrated to America during WWII. God blesses Joey's family for the deeds they have done and how they treat their neighbors."

Now here is the Eisegesis alot of you are using:

"God Loves the little children but he loves the Arian Nation more! God Blesses the Third Reicht for their Deeds on this world and how they Dominate their neighbors! God will allow the Arian Nation to spread accross the world and prosper because they are MOST LOVED by God!!!!"

This is not what letthereaderunderstand was saying at all but rather someone else's "interpretation" or better yet Ideologies make them believe. Please keep things in context do not add to what is being said and do not take away from what is being said. If you practice Exegsis you will find that you will get a better, clearer and most of all a more accurate interpretation that the author was trying to get across.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

The crusaders where even found by the church as heretics!!! and were condemned for their actions.

Erm yeah only AFTER the warped church had used them for their military and political agendas. Use and abuse. Tyical church dogma that one and all in the name of your God ... whilst man might appear be corrupt, it is religion that gives him that excuse to be so.

All organised religion should be abolished. If you want to believe in a God and fairies then that is fine, belief is different to religion but religion has to go for the world to move forward.

Its funny anyone who brings up this argument always uses the catholic church as the basis for their argument and what the catholic church did. Its also preety funny that they lump all christians in with the catholic church and use the catholic church's corrupt system as the christian religions dogma... Not all organized religion is bad... however, I see this mentality ohhhh so often and you know its only going to prove that us christian are right when we are all gone and you guys are left here with out christianity on the world. hmmmmm who is going to spend the billions and trillions of their own money to feed the hungry? not the christian religion because they are bad! And the funy thing is outside of the United States aid to other countries christians contribute the most toward 3rd world countries. Christianity is a faith and not a religion but to deny the people the ability to meet and gather to share their faith is wrong and the sad part is that its about to happen. Probably under barrack obama's term too... Im not saying it will happen under his term I am saying I wouldnt be surprised!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

No sense in trying to show you the falacy of your statements but hey since you want to go down your path by all means go for it in your Ford Escape lol I hope its fireproof! Ohhh and btw Jesus is historically proven in over 5 different cultures and even in other religions
so you can call him fictitious all you want. And to whom are you refering to that killed 2 million people and the other who only killed 3?

Jesus is not historically proven in any culture. Other than the bible there are literally only 3 references in history you can point to that even mention him. Breaking it down even further two of those only mention the christos, a title, not a name. And back in his day there were literally hundreds of christos running around. The only historical reference that mentions him by name has been proven to be a fraud.

I'm sure your god wouldnt like you lying.

God killed 2+ million in the bible. Satan 2 or 3. Learn your own bible.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Jesus is not historically proven in any culture. Other than the bible there are literally only 3 references in history you can point to that even mention him. Breaking it down even further two of those only mention the christos, a title, not a name. And back in his day there were literally hundreds of christos running around. The only historical reference that mentions him by name has been proven to be a fraud.

I'm sure your god wouldnt like you lying.

God killed 2+ million in the bible. Satan 2 or 3. Learn your own bible.

Where are your sources? do you even have any? What source proves that Jesus the Christ was not a historical figure?

Thats what I thought you threw out random numbers! Show me in history where God Physically killed 2+ million people.... And show me where in history Satan physically killed 2 or 3.... You know what the answer is... YOU CANT PROVE IT! its as simple as that no where in history has God Physically killed people. Has he used other people and or nature to do it Yes. Does he have the right and is he justified ohhh Heck yeah! He is God! Seriously if you have any stance to stand on prove me wrong with out saying ohh your wrong with no evidence.... the burden of proof is on you!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Where are your sources? do you even have any? What source proves that Jesus the Christ was not a historical figure?

You claimed he was, its up to you to provide the proof realistically. Thats what you thought! You cant!

Want proof of the 2 mil to 2? The source OMG ITS THE EFFING BIBLE! Have you even read it? Probably not.

Thats what I thought you threw out random numbers! Show me in history where God Physically killed 2+ million people.... And show me where in history Satan physically killed 2 or 3.... You know what the answer is... YOU CANT PROVE IT! its as simple as that no where in history has God Physically killed people. Has he used other people and or nature to do it Yes. Does he have the right and is he justified ohhh Heck yeah! He is God! Seriously if you have any stance to stand on prove me wrong with out saying ohh your wrong with no evidence.... the burden of proof is on you!

Read your bible and start adding up the numbers. The burden of proof is on you to prove your jesus historical figure comment. I already know the answer since I have done the research many times. So back up your claim of 5 diff cultures. And please dont the koran or other such fictitious documents.

It takes a seriously corrupt morality to believe that god killing people by nature or other people isnt the same as him doing it himself.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You claimed he was, its up to you to provide the proof realistically. Thats what you thought! You cant!

Want proof of the 2 mil to 2? The source OMG ITS THE EFFING BIBLE! Have you even read it? Probably not.

Read your bible and start adding up the numbers. The burden of proof is on you to prove your jesus historical figure comment. I already know the answer since I have done the research many times. So back up your claim of 5 diff cultures. And please dont the koran or other such fictitious documents.

It takes a seriously corrupt morality to believe that god killing people by nature or other people isnt the same as him doing it himself.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by watcher73]

So by me using other historical documents such as the Koran would not be constituted as legitimate and who makes that judgement... you? This is a pointless argument with a person who's only goal is to show how he believes God is a evil lil boy with a magnifying glass. Like I said you pulled numbers out of your butt! you cant even give me a reference outside of read the bible! I mean come on one minute the bible is flawed and fictitious and now we have to use it as strict fact. Its one or the other pick a freaking side. You either believe the bible in its entirety or you dont believe in it at all! The claims the bible makes are so big that to take little pieces here and there only go to show how little you know! I have read my bible and I have several copies which I study from. maybe you should go get your sources and prove me wrong! like I said its a all or nothing ordeal... so whats it going to be? is the Bible fact or Fake like the Koran?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Killing is killing. So let's say my wife has a baby. WE made that baby. Does that give me the right to kill it if it disobeys me?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join