It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crash in Russia last week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The origianl site linked by MUFON is blocked by ATS.

However my good friend internos found me the original story here and translated it for me:

In Izhemskij area dropped an object that no one identified
20.10.2009 23:58
As it became known BNKomi, October 17 Izhemskij region of the republic, near the village of Peel, Egor, fell an unidentified flying object. According to eyewitnesses, the thunder was heard for a hundred kilometers from the crash site, the glow was so strong that he could watch the villagers Ust-Tsil'ma. In the district administration believe that, most likely, it was a meteorite. The version of the falling stage of the rocket (Izhemskij district is a zone drop detachable parts - BNKomi) and dismisses the deputy chairman of the interregional public movement Izhems "Izvatas Nikolai Rochev.

The incident became a cause for debate that raged at the official site Izhemskij area. Head of district administration Petr child, referring to the comments left by readers, and eyewitness accounts, inclined to believe that last week had fallen meteorite. In an interview with the correspondent BNKomi version of the fall stage of the rocket, he ruled out immediately.

- Yesterday I talked on the phone with Anatoly Nuykin (Chairman of the Committee for the activities of Civil Protection of Kazakhstan - BNKomi), he said he made the request, no rockets at that time did not run, there was nothing to fall - said the child.

Applied for comments correspondent BNKomi Nuykin be redirected to the General Directorate of Emergency Ministry of Kazakhstan, the press service of which reported that the administration of Izhemskij area received information about a fallen object and glow in the sky. No reaction from the administration is not followed.

According to the head area, is currently being collected materials describing the events of October 17. For example, in the village Brykalansk local school teachers organized a survey of students for what they saw or heard that night.

- It was in Izhme hear Krasnobor, Schelyayure, in Ust-Tzilma saw the glow, - voiced by the information available child.

According to the chairman of the Emergency Commission Izhemskij district Nicholas Kozhevina fall happened about a certain object from 20:35 until 20:45.

- Within a few seconds it was as bright as day, then was cotton from the explosion - he said.

Now I thought MUFON was fairly respected, maybe they are, lets just hope they don't link to any more dodgy websites!

Another thing to add is this area is is also noted for some strange geological formations too;

Manpupunyer rock formation

Deemed one of the Seven Wonders of Russia, Komi Republic is home to Manpupuner (Man-Pupu-Nyer), a mysterious site in the northern Ural mountains, in the Troitsko-Pechorsky District, made out of seven rock towers bursting out of the flat plateau known as the “7 strong men“. Manpupuner is a very popular attraction in Russia, but not on an international level and information regarding its origin is scarce. We know however that their height and abnormal shapes make the top of these rock giants inaccessible even to experienced rock-climbers. Manpupuner is very hard to reach, it lies in a very harsh environment, but once there you’ll be able to enjoy a view unique in the whole world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/acdf60105e651ca1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

can you fix the link to the crash story pls.

thx

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakinup13

can you fix the link to the crash story pls.

thx

Mate, I've tried at least a dozen times, even copying and pasting the web address doesn't work.

Very very odd!

i can only say go to the MUFON page and follow the links to 'UFOs in the News@.

I can assure you I have no affiliation to MUFON, this is uberweird!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
TEST, trying again;

UFO crash in Russia last week

OK, it doesn't work, you just have to go to this link;

UFOs in Russia and Niagara Falls

And click on the Russia one, very odd guys!

Please feel free to try and put a working link on ATS, I bet you a beer you can't!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
link

www.--.com...

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

that is strange must be some kind of block they have but 2nd link works it has link to the source

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Yeah I know, same problem I had, I can link the first page from MUFON but not the second!

Tin hat wearer in me says that means something lol!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

link

www.--.com...

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

that is strange must be some kind of block they have but 2nd link works it has link to the source

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

The link won't work because that website is banned on ATS for promoting hoaxes and driving traffic to some crap website in breach of T&C. This is not an official statement.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Seems like ATS does not accept direct linking to that web address.

Could be for many reasons, but if ATS is blocking it, I don't want to go there with my computer.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

link

www.--.com...

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

The link won't work because that website is banned on ATS for promoting hoaxes and driving traffic to some crap website in breach of T&C. This is not an official statement.

Ooops, Internos beat me to it.

My stance does not change however, I do not want to surf a site ATS blocks.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Oh man thanks, that really makes me think that MUFON is full of it too!

I thought they were legit, but I guess all their MSM exposure tells a different story!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Let's see if the story is sourced elsewhere, dated BEFORE their article, i don't think that MUFON is somehow related to that website. You should be in time to edit your OP. Let me check, i'm sending you an U2U

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Let's see if the story is sourced elsewhere, dated BEFORE their article, i don't think that MUFON is somehow related to that website. You should be in time to edit your OP. Let me check, i'm sending you an U2U

Thanks dude, I contacted a MOD to delete if poss, I just don't want anyone harming their systems, or believing a hoax!

AARRGGHHH!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The thread is not an HOAX, at least as far as we are concerned: the OP is being edited because of some technical issues wih the sources. Stay tuned.
- Internos

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

OK internos, THANK you so very much!

It finally worked, I think the problem was copying and pasting the OS from the original website!

You are a star, I mean it!

Any time you need help, just U2U me!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I am happy you could finally share this story:
Kudos for not giving it up.

Next step, we will ask for some help for our russian speaking members who applied to The UFO-Alien Applied Linguistics Registry :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Russian:
FIFIGI Send U2U
Arthx Send U2U
(^_^) Send U2U
InSanE1 Send U2U
rixhell Send U2U
pause4thought Send U2U
N. Tesla Send U2U
Nick655 Send U2U

I will message them, and bring this thread to their attention.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yea, I had a thread so full of truth and they buried it in Global Meltdown.. ha ha ha... any way - UFO's well most I would say are man made...
from what I'm getting out from subsurface sources.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hey.
The translation in the first post is pretty much spot on (not perfect, I will try to correct it here and there.)Though it is written in both the article and the comments that it most probably is a meteorite or some ancient satellite.

I tried to translate it more or less correctly, here you go:

As it became known to BNKomi, on October 17th in Izhemskij region of the republic, near the village of Peel, Egor, fell an unidentified flying object. According to eyewitnesses, the thunder was heard for a hundred kilometers from the crash site, the glow was so strong that it could be seen by the inhabitants of village Ust-Tsil'ma.The district administration believes that, most likely, it was a meteorite. The version of the falling stage of the rocket (Izhemskij district is a zone drop detachable parts - BNKomi) is dismissed by the deputy chairman of the interregional public movement of Izhems "Izvatas Nikolai Rochev.

The incident became a cause for debate that raged at the official site of the Izhemskij area. Head of district administration Petr Ditaev, referring to the comments left by readers, and eyewitness accounts, inclined to believe that last week a meteorite had fallen. In an interview with the correspondent of BNKomi the version of the fall stage of the rocket was ruled out immediately.

- Yesterday I talked on the phone with Anatoly Nuykin (Chairman of the Committee for the activities of Civil Protection of Kazakhstan - BNKomi), he said that he had made an inquiry and found out that no rockets at that time had been launched, there was nothing to fall - said the child.

When addressing the comments of correspondent of BNKomi Nuykin redirected to the General Directorate of Emergency Ministry of Kazakhstan, the press service of which reported that the administration of Izhemskij area had received information about a fallen object and glow in the sky. No reaction from the administration followed.

According to the head of the area, at the moment there is information being collected describing the events of October 17. For example, in the village Brykalans k local school teachers organized a survey of students for what they saw or heard that night.

- The sound was heard in Izhme, Krasnobor, Schelyayure, in Ust-Tzilma the glow was seen, - Ditaev revealed the information at hand.

According to the chairman of the Emergency Commission Izhemskij district Nicholas Kozhevina the fall of a certain object happened from around 20:35 until 20:45.

- Within a few seconds it was as bright as day, then there was a sound of the explosion - he said.
-Rochev is looking into two possible versions of what had happened: Either it was a meteorite or a an old satellite. He doesn’t even consider the version of it being a fallen stage of rocket. The object was flying from south-east to north-west, when the trajectory of a rocket moving from around Pleseck is from east to west.
-Rocket stages don’t fall like that. They don’t explode or burn, lighting the sky up for tens of kilometers, – said Rochev. When rocket stages fall there is noise, but not like the one that was heard.
-Judging by the eyewitness testimony, when it entered the lower layers of the atmosphere the object represented a glowing ball, that flew over the village of Izhma, after that moving over the river of Pechora, and fell opposite of the village of Pil-Egor.
-I contacted the people that were on the river at the time. They ducked, that’s how fast the ball was, later falling down in the forest and exploding. The force of the explosion was pretty big, it even rocked the boat. The men were offered to have a look at what had happened, but they said “why do we need it, those who want to see it will go and do it.”

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Arthx]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arthx
Hey.
The translation in the first post is pretty much spot on (not perfect, I will try to correct it here and there.)Though it is written in both the article and the comments that it most probably is a meteorite or some ancient satellite.

I tried to translate it more or less correctly, here you go:

As it became known to BNKomi, on October 17th in Izhemskij region of the republic, near the village of Peel, Egor, fell an unidentified flying object. According to eyewitnesses, the thunder was heard for a hundred kilometers from the crash site, the glow was so strong that it could be seen by the inhabitants of village Ust-Tsil'ma.The district administration believes that, most likely, it was a meteorite. The version of the falling stage of the rocket (Izhemskij district is a zone drop detachable parts - BNKomi) is dismissed by the deputy chairman of the interregional public movement of Izhems "Izvatas Nikolai Rochev.

The incident became a cause for debate that raged at the official site of the Izhemskij area. Head of district administration Petr Ditaev, referring to the comments left by readers, and eyewitness accounts, inclined to believe that last week a meteorite had fallen. In an interview with the correspondent of BNKomi the version of the fall stage of the rocket was ruled out immediately.

- Yesterday I talked on the phone with Anatoly Nuykin (Chairman of the Committee for the activities of Civil Protection of Kazakhstan - BNKomi), he said that he had made an inquiry and found out that no rockets at that time had been launched, there was nothing to fall - said the child.

When addressing the comments of correspondent of BNKomi Nuykin redirected to the General Directorate of Emergency Ministry of Kazakhstan, the press service of which reported that the administration of Izhemskij area had received information about a fallen object and glow in the sky. No reaction from the administration followed.

According to the head of the area, at the moment there is information being collected describing the events of October 17. For example, in the village Brykalans k local school teachers organized a survey of students for what they saw or heard that night.

- The sound was heard in Izhme, Krasnobor, Schelyayure, in Ust-Tzilma the glow was seen, - Ditaev revealed the information at hand.

According to the chairman of the Emergency Commission Izhemskij district Nicholas Kozhevina the fall of a certain object happened from around 20:35 until 20:45.

- Within a few seconds it was as bright as day, then there was a sound of the explosion - he said.
-Rochev is looking into two possible versions of what had happened: Either it was a meteorite or a an old satellite. He doesn’t even consider the version of it being a fallen stage of rocket. The object was flying from south-east to north-west, when the trajectory of a rocket moving from around Pleseck is from east to west.
-Rocket stages don’t fall like that. They don’t explode or burn, lighting the sky up for tens of kilometers, – said Rochev. When rocket stages fall there is noise, but not like the one that was heard.
-Judging by the eyewitness testimony, when it entered the lower layers of the atmosphere the object represented a glowing ball, that flew over the village of Izhma, after that moving over the river of Pechora, and fell opposite of the village of Pil-Egor.
-I contacted the people that were on the river at the time. They ducked, that’s how fast the ball was, later falling down in the forest and exploding. The force of the explosion was pretty big, it even rocked the boat. The men were offered to have a look at what had happened, but they said “why do we need it, those who want to see it will go and do it.”

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Arthx]

Thanks Arthx, for your translation and help.

Sounds like a meteor, it would be great to find if if anyone will be heading to that area from the local population to investigate.

Maybe then it will become clear what it was.

I wonder if this has hit any MSM in Russia yet? Or in Europe. I 'll try and look.

Thanks again!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join