It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged After Making Coffee Naked: UPDATED

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So, does that mean we need to change the old adage that People who live in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones...nor should they make coffee in the buff?

Seriously, for some people, the sight of seeing them nude can be considered a Crime Against Humanity (I myself am one of those people who look flattering in clothes, but horrific outside of them). That still doesn't make it a prosecutable offense.

However, unsightliness aside, even if the guy had his drapes open...Even if he had kitchen walls that were transparent...he was in his own home (at 5:35 am no less!). What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and the same goes for one's own Castle. I don't care if he was shagging a sheep in his living room in front of a bay window. One shouldn't be in the habit of looking into other people's windows...and if you do, then shame on you...if you are offended then you get what you deserve for invading one's privacy in house and home.

Of course, I'm sure the person who reported the "crime" thinks that they were doing their "patriotic duty" to report any suspicious behavior they observe their neighbors doing. I'm surprised the nude dude needing a caffeine fix at 5:35 am wasn't labeled a "Terrorist" because "Real" Americans certainly aren't up and about at 5:35 am fiddling with mechanical devices and playing with powders and chemicals.

I'm not sure who should be publicly humiliated more in retaliation for this...

The person who reported the "crime"
The Police Department for treating it as a "crime"
Or the District Attorney's Office that actually is charging the nude man in his own home with a crime.

If this actually goes to a Judge, we'll have to string the Judge up too if they don't dismiss it.

Personally I'm purposely going home with the sole intent to strut around in the buff with my drapes open as a sign of protest and show of solidarity.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
The man already admitted it at the time of his arrest.

Apparently he had went back to bed and the cops bust into his home and arresting him while calling him a pervert.

Yeah, I read that after I posted LOL. Maybe he can pull the Ambien defense (sleepwalking)....What about those darn cops...such perverts...couldn't wait by the window to get the show...had to bust in and get an unobstructed view

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There is such a thing as "expectation of privacy". After this gets thrown out(which it will), that man should turn around and sue the police department for false arrest, and then I would SUE THE EVER LIVING CRAP out of the person that reported it.

Staring in someones window is harrassment, is stalking, and is invasion of privacy.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is interesting has anybody read the comments on the article? it mention some one that said the women and the child were trespassing on his property while cutting through his yard.

While somebody else posted that he exposed himself in the carport first and then stood on the window looking at the women and child while trespassing in his property.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I want to know what kind of person calls the cops for seeing somebody neud in their own home.

If anything the guy should have called the cops on the passerby for peeping.

I guess the law is like racism now? First one to call it wins.

That is exactly right! The first one to call the law wins!!

If I were this guy, I would demand a jury trial, and I would ask for charges to be pressed against the witness!

Lets play the slippery slope game! Does this mean that all those paparazzi photos of nude celebrities are now evidence of a crime? Hollywood will be wiped out! And, all those lucrative photos will now be confiscated, and the proceeds from "leaking evidence" should be confiscated as well!!

I wonder if this guy needs an amateur attorney? I would love to argue this case!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
the lady and the kid, were on his property, they cut through his front yard from a path....they had NO business being there in the first place....they are the ones who should have been charged for trespassing...HIS rights were violated

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The police should have never responeded in the first place.....a naked guy in a house.....woooooo .....I hate Robots

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
personally i believe the witness should be charged with invading his privacy.

.......And I thought I had witnessed enough BS......proven wrong once more.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This article and news report just sent me off in search of a great thread that is here on ATS. Wish I could find it (found some other interesting threads during the search though). Does anyone remember a thread from this Spring citing a warning from an attorney discussing too many laws on the books, and that anyone could be charged at any given time? Thought I had bookmarked it or included it on on my Civil Liberties file, but I just can't find it.

It is beyond ludicrous that this guy is being charged under the circumstances (trespassing and peeping at a time of day that any normal person would not expect too many others to be around).

Kudos to those planning an act of solidarity!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hmm.

Maybe it was just an honest case of passive mental predation.

It's good to know the powers that be are here to protect us from kitchen dwelling,coffee wielding, perverts.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why are a lot of people in United States so paranoid?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
About seven years ago I had a friend who was walking around her apartment complex and looked in a guys window and saw him walk out of his shower naked. This friend thehn called me up crying because she felt violated because SHE looked into HIS window at night and saw him naked. Who was at fault? Should he have made sure his blinds were closed? Maybe. But maybe he had just gotten home from work and took a shower. Maybe he thought the blinds were closed. Maybe he didn't expect college girls to look in his window and freak out cause they saw a penis.

Point being? Don't look into other people's windows randomly at night or early in the morning ya creepy peeping toms!!

At the same time, I was sitting at a long red light on a major road(13th street for those of you familiar with gainesville florida) And was looking around me while waiting for the light to change. I noticed a sorority house and couldn't help but notice the completely naked woman standing at the window showing her body off for all to see. Did I stare? No, but i noticed her, in that case would I be considered the peepeing tom for just noticing, but not staring at 530 in the morning?

[edit on 10/21/2009 by Finn1916]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

WoW, crying because she saw a penis... and she's in college... Someones a party pooper

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmith
reply to post by Finn1916

WoW, crying because she saw a penis... and she's in college... Someones a party pooper

Yeah, same girl bought a ticket for a pg13 movie cause she didn't want to try to get into an r rated when we were in highschool and then prayed the entire movie for forgiveness for lying.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Beware of the one eyed monster. Ugaly Bugaly.
Jez I better stop pissing in the front yard.

We are going to end up just like all those yuppie's cats that aren't allowed to go outside, declawed, a big void where our sexual identity used to be and chip in us to make sure we don't get "lost."

wouldn't that be a safer world?... come on look into what used to be your heart?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The only way I could see this guy at fault is if he had a morning wood while the peeping occurred then i'm not even sure if he's to be at fault if that was the scenario. I would like to hear the story from the peeper. The strange part about the story is the guy going back to bed who goes to bed after drinking coffee in the morning ? Does anyone besides this guy wake up at 530 in the morning make coffee, drink it then decide its time to go back to bed (sounds like a wake and bake to me).

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Two observations.

First, it seems uniquely American that making coffee in your own home naked is an indecent act while the most gory videos possible and videos that depict women as sexual objects an "hoes" are freely made available to kids.

But the article is not clear whether it was the naked part or the coffee part that was indecent.

Second, I used to make coffee naked. But then one day I learned after one slip that the abundance of nerve endings in the male genitalia makes it VERY temperature sensitive... I now only make coffee dressed as a matter of self preservation.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This man faces up to a year in jail and a $2,000 fine for being naked in his own home? ARE YOU #ING KIDDING ME?

The woman should be thrown in jail for invasion of privacy, trespassing, and wasting the police department's time and resources. She should also be punched squarely in the face.

I bet this woman is overweight, divorced, and going through a mid-life crisis with a bitter elementary anti-male attitude because no man wants her to see them naked anyway.

This is absolutely and totally ridiculous. The double standard is even more so. If a man had seen a woman naked in her home, he would be arrested as a "peeping tom". But this heifer sees a man naked in his home and he gets arrested.

This is why our justice system is a joke.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why was a woman walking her 7 year old at 5:30 am? I can understand walking by herself for exercise but I can't imagine a 7 year old exercising that early in the morning.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I want to know what kind of person calls the cops for seeing somebody neud in their own home.

A person that is trying to make a quick buck and/or want's to be a thorn in someone's side. I'm going with the former knowing our sue happy culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join