It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I', 'Ana' and May Be Addicted To ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
While I'm far from new, I don't actually post all that much and have decided to (more than likely) change that.

I'm Ana (granted, not my real name) and well, hi. I've been lurking here (although, not so shamefully, rather obsessively) for a while now (since 2006).

Anyway officially: Hi!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hi

My names Doc & I'm also an adict/user

Welcome!!! new members are a good thing!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Greetings.

If you get an extra alias then i should too.. umm you can call me Dustasorausrex

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's a bit laughable to me how long it's been since I've posted anything yet still lurked. Really though: aliases are fun (no matter how long it's been since I've used this one).

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anesthesia

Hi, my name is Scooby Doo and I'm an abovaholic. (new word)

Welcome aboard. Any question's, don't hesitate to ask

Regards,

Scooby Doo version 1.0.0.1 (RC)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
welcome, i lurked too, although for only a month or two. but none the less, we are glad to have you here. you'll be surprised at how actually posting makes you feel even more apart of this community. many great people here.

and i think we're all abovaholics

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anesthesia

Hello
I'm impressed. How can you just lurk for years? I know I have days when I have nothing to say but more often than not I enjoy being involved.

Its cool that you decided to say hello though.

link   
Stella.....STELLA !!!

oops, this isn't the Streetcar movie set

link   
Anybody that lurks for that long is most definitely a stalker.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Anybody that lurks for that long is most definitely a stalker.

What can I say: I'm just that scary. *cue scary music*

I'm definitely an abovaholic (I seriously dig that word). I really think the secret to my ability to lurk for that long (which I was rather surprised by myself) is my timing for reading (far too late for me to type coherently).

So, for an additional 19.95 I shall tell all the secrets for stalking successfully* (oops, wrong website...)

I kid, I kid.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hi, I have been registered with ATS about 4 years now and mainly read, not post.

But this last 9 months of not having a job has given me the time to really get into ATS and I have to look every day!

Why?

Because although I scan the News a lot online and have many news websites stored as favourites, it's far easier so pull up ATS and read breaking News that way. Sometimes I have seen a story break on Google news but not seen it on ATS after a quick search. By the time I have typed it up, somebody else has always beaten me to it.

So ATS should be the Home Page on everyone's browser because news breaks first on ATS making it the coolest website around.

I have wanted to advertise my Wife's business on here simply due to the shear number of visitors, anybody know how I go about doing that?

Rock on ATS, you're the best, simples....!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
PsssssSt....Ana...... I'm bt.... your "friendly mod"..... one of many. We're here to help. We're here to facilitate your.....ahem....."addiction". You need anything.....anything at all, just call one of us. We can help you.

Remember.... it's not a physical addiction.....it's an intellectual addiction. It's not the same thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Right on, there's nothing wrong with wanting to learn and better yourself.

Especially when ATS has such great breaking news stories.

As long as you can ignore the silly stories that are clearly made up and the debunkers, then you will definately become more intelligent and aware by reading ATS.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

You are precisely correct. I am addicted to this place more based on the amount of different perspectives that I see here. I sometimes ask myself why I keep coming back here... but it's more that you get to see so many different point of views outside of mainstream society that make it a remarkable place to visit.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I lurk a lot to, it's because i'm scared someone's gonna say I's ain't smart. Or they might try to slap my brain, I's think this one guy on here said who could slap people's brain's if they'd made him angry. So, I's don't make nobody angry. I just shut the F*** up and read...ha ha ha ha.... HA

This is a private message I'm sendin here ain't it? I's could tell u were a girl and sounded real pretty. So, I sent you this private message. No one else can read it, just tween me and you.

Welcome to ATS and don't be scar'ed to post like me.

Bye........Bye,

Jayboo

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello, I am Scott and I AM addicted to ATS!

IT is nice to meet you and I am glad you joined ATS.

I can't wait to see all of the contributions you will bring to the table!

GST

forum member and moderator

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That is precisely the reason I've always come back for a fabulous read. Even if I don't normally post I have read 'religiously' through that entire time, and while I may not agree with everything said the perspectives are more than interesting regardless.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
another alcoholic anonymous escapee

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Welcome! I'm a newbee to the site, though through my searches over the years I've come across many things that have linked me here, so I figured I'd go ahead and partake.

There is certainly enough to observe here without ever saying a word...I spend most of my time reading and sifting...but having a membership now just means I can throw in my 2 cents when I feel "pushed" to do so. I hope you enjoy the connectivity that comes with actually "communicating!"
As for me, I can't browse ANY site for THAT long without having something to say about something (that's why my husband hates watching the news with me, heehee)!

top topics

join